• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’m not sure about picking Eddie for one game and then dropping him. Either you’re giving him a run or not?

What happens against Southampton? Eddie comes back, Laca stays or does Martinelli come in for another change.

Chicago_Gunner

I’m not sure about picking Eddie for one game and then dropping him. Either you’re giving him a run or not?

What happens against Southampton? Eddie comes back, Laca stays or does Martinelli come in for another change.
I’d like to see gabby or Eddie. At this point why not just play the youngsters

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Watching Liverpool, you see Van Dijk and Henderson always talking to the players. Don’t see it at Arsenal, really.
Yeah, people always running Henderson down on here. He's constantly bigging up players or telling them where to be. Top captain. And how many times have you seen him give the ball away?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

The performance we put in after we scored our goal against Brighton just got me thinking, what Arteta said when he came on board about getting rid of any players who don't want to be here & only wanting players who want to play & care for this once great club, does it look as though any player, maybe bar a few want to be here? I think not! There was hardly any effort, looked like a lot haven't even cared about the results & performances of our last 2 matches. Only players I would say who put have put in are Saka, Tierney, Leno, Martinelli despite any game time, Guendouzi though we should still get him out, Nketiah & Pepe to a certain extent.

Arteta was the only guy that seemed to be angry with the performance after the game, hardly any have seemed to care about either of the results or performances. Time for a huge squad rebuild!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The performance we put in after we scored our goal against Brighton just got me thinking, what Arteta said when he came on board about getting rid of any players who don't want to be here & only wanting players who want to play & care for this once great club, does it look as though any player, maybe bar a few want to be here? I think not! There was hardly any effort, looked like a lot haven't even cared about the results & performances of our last 2 matches. Only players I would say who put have put in are Saka, Tierney, Leno, Martinelli despite any game time, Guendouzi though we should still get him out, Nketiah & Pepe to a certain extent.

Arteta was the only guy that seemed to be angry with the performance after the game, hardly any have seemed to care about either of the results or performances. Time for a huge squad rebuild!
You’ll see Lacazette and co having a fun time in training this week though, that’s all that matters.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
He has this one transfer window to get things right in my eyes.

If he keeps the same old players that let us down then he's making a rod for his own back as far as I'm concerned. The squad needs an overhaul.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

The players are on holiday

They've had a prolonged break but not the psychological kick of a new season. Combine that with nothing to play for and some questionable team spirit and this is what you get

Need a new culture and you get that by changing the people

Shalmaneser V

The players are on holiday

They've had a prolonged break but not the psychological kick of a new season. Combine that with nothing to play for and some questionable team spirit and this is what you get

Need a new culture and you get that by changing the people

Nothing to play for? The 4th-5th champions league spot has been there for the taking for months ffs. How does Arteta not psych the players up for that?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Wow I'm surprised I heard that from you. I was under the impression you would protect him blindly no matter what.

I have a lot of respect for Wenger but those last 2 or so years slightly damaged his reputation here, I wanted him to leave so he can protect that. The Bayern, Liverpool, Chelsea, United thrashings were poor, and he should have hung up his boots at the club after a couple of them.

Thankfully he still left us with some success.
You try managing a team with planes overhead telling you to **** off and see how your reputation holds up.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The problem is also that these players have experienced losing so many matches that it neither comes as a surprise to them or a disappointment.

It's just something usual and they have become accustomed to it. I would say most of these players are abit fed up right after the match but the next day they just wipe it from their memories and get on with their everyday life. Parties, nice cars, doing things with their families.

They are picking up millions a year and the way each individual sees it is ...its not my fault the team is crap. Or they dont spend money. Or he didnt score from my assist.

As I said it before if we fail to qualify for Europe that means Arteta can basically reduce his squad to about 20 players and get rid of dead wood.

Mustafi can go for 5-6m. Sokratis too.
Miki of the wages let him go for again maybe 5-6m.
Luiz dont renew the contract.
Elneny out for something similar as above.
I would sell both Laca and Auba (if he isnt going to renew). For the 2 we might get 50-60m.

Pay Özil the rest of his contract and let him leave.

We have basically got all of our top earners off our wage bill and really the only one we would miss is Auba.

We clear the older players and maybe with sales and money available could have 100m to buy.

We need to invest in youth but players who have actually played enough. 20-24 age range. They need to be sold a project. And by having a super young squad you can do that.

Might we finished next season 9th/10th/11th? Course we might. But that doesnt mean some good young players cant be bought and developed.

We also need to start looking closer to home. The championship has players who will make the step up to the PL.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Damn Teta can't catch a break

****ing Mes, first he won’t take a pay cut while other employees are getting made redundant, now letting Artets down by catching the virus and being unavailable for selection...at this point you have to question Özil’s commitment to Arsenal and...

Only joking, hope the players and their family and friends are fine.

Makes you wonder whether it would have been best to delay the return of sport for a bit longer.

Reactions: A_G

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

You’ll see Lacazette and co having a fun time in training this week though, that’s all that matters.
That's one issue I have noticed looking at training pictures & videos through the website though, sometimes they tend to be mucking around to much or just having a "ball" not in a serious state of mind, if they want to improve they should be the opposite. It's not the fans problem it's theirs.

Top Bottom