• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mraven

"these days" .... first time on this thread? :rofl:

OK maybe things have ramped up a tad as posters seem to be unleashing more Roy-Keane style lockdown fuelled rants.

Özil has been an extremely divisive topic for our fanbase for years blud.

I know, but Özil hasn’t played football since he was pulling the strings in our win against West Ham. Four months later he is the scapegoat for two games he didn’t play?

We just lost two games, there are huge problems in our club, and Özil is the least one right now

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I know, but Özil hasn’t played football since he was pulling the strings in our win against West Ham. Four months later he is the scapegoat for two games he didn’t play?

We just lost two games, there are huge problems in our club, and Özil is the least one right now

Specifically for the last two games, on the pitch, I agree. Off the pitch once again an Arsenal manager has had to deal with constant speculation around the Özil circus. God knows what is going on in the dressing room behind the scenes. Big picture, he is a weight wrapped around Arsenal FC, dragging us deep down into the abyss. Admittedly, "down" is our general trajectory anyway but we need to offload some ballast so we don't get the bends.

He is a big problem in the past, now and always.

GunnerShy

Wrong. Özil is a big part of it. The rot, the lack of leadership from senior players. It's got Özil all over it. Certainly not him alone of course. The club would be better with a culture reset by getting rid of him, but can't.

In any case, he wasn't ready for man City and he wasn't ready for Brighton. He may have been one of the CV-19 isolations but who knows.

Mraven

Specifically for the last two games, on the pitch, I agree. Off the pitch once again an Arsenal manager has had to deal with constant speculation around the Özil circus. God knows what is going on in the dressing room behind the scenes. Big picture, he is a weight wrapped around Arsenal FC, dragging us deep down into the abyss. Admittedly, "down" is our general trajectory anyway but we need to offload some ballast so we don't get the bends.

if you read any actual articles and not just the crap written in here, Arteta just went out to say there is no problem with Özil. He will probably start again already in the Southampton game.

There was also recently published an article about his commercial value for Arsenal. Özil is in no way dragging the club down. Instead he is still one of our best players.

What’s happening in here, is a lot of drivel being made up to fit an agenda

Mraven

Wrong. Özil is a big part of it. The rot, the lack of leadership from senior players. It's got Özil all over it. Certainly not him alone of course. The club would be better with a culture reset by getting rid of him, but can't.

In any case, he wasn't ready for man City and he wasn't ready for Brighton. He may have been one of the CV-19 isolations but who knows.

yes, Özil is leading a conspiracy against the club forcing Raul to buy all these mediocre, spineless players.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The balls-deep mob. In way too deep to withdraw now. So they'll just pound relentlessly, limp d!cked, with their fingers in their ears and eyes closed. What a thought :facepalm:

I don't think I see you post anywhere else on this forum apart from the Özil thread. do you have alerts set up?

GunnerShy

yes, Özil is leading a conspiracy against the club forcing Raul to buy all these mediocre, spineless players.
Which players are they? Name the spineless players?
Pepe? Martinelli? Tierney?

He's been the big name player at this club for 7 years now.
How'd he play in the run in to the end of last season, how was he at Baku?
His numbers this season? How are they? Last season?
What about the undermining manipulative stuff he's been putting on Social media all season?
One of the few to reject a pay cut. Why? Why did almost all the other players buy in but not him? Doesn't align with his declarations of club love on insta does it?

Doesn't do the work off the ball, doesn't put his body on the line with the ball. Too many excuses made for him that ignore his final output.

Funny thing is, I don't think his ability has declined much. Still great on the ball. My criticism is he never addressed his shortfalls on the EPL. As his output declined without being better off the football he deserves time on the bench. Problem is, when he's been on the bench he's destabilized the club. A better person changes their game to suit what the club needs.

GDeep™

League is very weak

What’s going on though? There has been no speculation of any problems other than the refusal to take a pay cut.

He played all the games pre Covid, then we were in lockdown, they’ve been back a month and Arteta is saying everything is fine.

GunnerShy

What’s going on though? There has been no speculation of any problems other than the refusal to take a pay cut.

He played all the games pre Covid, then we were in lockdown, they’ve been back a month and Arteta is saying everything is fine.
Would you have played him against Man City? If fit?
I wouldn't. Nothing to see there. Perhaps he could have been in the squad? He wouldn't have come on so it was a bit of a non-event.
Brighton? - I thought he may come on at the 60th minute. As it was, we scored in about the 66th. It didn't look like he was in line though.

I think he will be back in the team soon enough. If there was a big issue Arteta would say it. He isn't a slimy coward like Emery.

The bigger problem is he still has a year on his contract and he probably just doesn't fit into how Arteta would like to set up his midfield. Maybe for Ceballos who given he won't stay, is pointless to play.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Would you have played him against Man City? If fit?
I wouldn't. Nothing to see there. Perhaps he could have been in the squad? He wouldn't have come on so it was a bit of a non-event.
Brighton? - I thought he may come on at the 60th minute. As it was, we scored in about the 66th. It didn't look like he was in line though.

I think he will be back in the team soon enough. If there was a big issue Arteta would say it. He isn't a slimy coward like Emery.

The bigger problem is he still has a year on his contract and he probably just doesn't fit into how Arteta would like to set up his midfield. Maybe for Ceballos who given he won't stay, is pointless to play.
I don’t care if he plays or not, and I actually want him to leave if possible. I just don’t understand this constant attacks on him, wether he plays or not.

People saying he’s a problem maker, what problems? Arteta has actually praised him.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Do you guys think that Emery shun Özil out of his own initiative or that he was instructed by the higher ups?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Emery being only a pawn in their game so to speak then, to quote the great Bobby Zimmerman. Hearing GDeep the investigating detective is on the case, and a report is due for september.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Imagine blaming Raul for Özil :lol:

Emery fell out with Mesut for the same reason that Löw, Ljungberg and now Arteta have: because Mesut’s a bum who has mentally retired and doesn’t give a ****.
Özil retired, did Low ever stop picking him? I don’t think so. Arteta has also had him involved in 95% of his match day squads, playing in nearly all.

Not really genuine here, are you?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Imagine blaming Raul for Özil :lol:

Emery fell out with Mesut for the same reason that Löw, Ljungberg and now Arteta have: because Mesut’s a bum who has mentally retired and doesn’t give a ****.
It’s pretty obvious.

However, ahead of the Premier League clash with Crystal Palace, the Arsenal boss has admitted this is part of a wider decision making process.

Speaking about the Özil situation, he said, “Here we have one agreed strategy as a club and a team. Because the most important thing is the club, the team and finding a performance.

“Previously we were all speaking between us to take that decision. I know all the supporters want to know something, but now is not the moment.”

https://arseblog.news/2019/10/emery-says-Özil-omission-is-club-strategy/

say yes

forum master baiter
Özil retired, did Low ever stop picking him? I don’t think so. Arteta has also had him involved in 95% of his match day squads, playing in nearly all.

Not really genuine here, are you?
Yes, Löw stopped picking him at the end. Just like Arteta has stopped picking him now. And Ljungberg stopped picking him before Arteta. And Emery stopped picking him before Ljungberg. And all for good reason too. There’s ample evidence of his lack of commitment and motivation on, and off, the pitch, which has coincicided with a dramatic decline in form.

Although not sure why I bother debating this with you.

You probably think the reason he’s only got a handful of assists in the last few seasons is because rAuL is giving our players bungs to miss them :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yes, Löw stopped picking him at the end. Just like Arteta has stopped picking him now. And Ljungberg stopped picking him before Arteta. And Emery stopped picking him before Ljungberg. And all for good reason too. There’s ample evidence of his lack of commitment and motivation on, and off, the pitch, which has coincicided with a dramatic decline in form.

Although not sure why I bother debating this with you.

You probably think the reason he’s only got a handful of assists in the last few seasons is because rAuL is giving our players bungs to miss them :lol:
When did Low stop picking him? He retired after the World Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom