• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I know, but Özil hasn’t played football since he was pulling the strings in our win against West Ham. Four months later he is the scapegoat for two games he didn’t play?

We just lost two games, there are huge problems in our club, and Özil is the least one right now
If his performance against West Ham is what you classify as a top performance, then Özil is really a bum.

He was average at best vs west ham and all of a sudden his band of merry man now use that as a reference point for a top performance :rofl:

The guy's only too performance in 2 years is vs Leicester which is pathetic IMO.

meanwhile we have two teenagers how have had multiple top games for us already this season than Özil has had for us in the past two years

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Imagine blaming Raul for Özil :lol:

Emery fell out with Mesut for the same reason that Löw, Ljungberg and now Arteta have: because Mesut’s a bum who has mentally retired and doesn’t give a ****.
That's just another excuse added to the litany of excuses that has been trotted out for Özil by his die-hards in recent years.

Özil is not playing well because of Raul :lol: :rofl:

What next? Kia instructed Özil not to play well?

It's quite disgusting that the pay cut issue actually got a lot of his die-hards on here riled up ffs.

A Multi millionaire was asked to take a pay cut yet giving out some bullshit about transparency and pleading poverty, when All but 2 of his teammates have already taken pay cuts.

With the ferocity he was being defended on here by his fans you'd think most them were his financial advisor.

Don't even get me started on on those his pathetic tweets and posts on social Media.

Get him out ASAP

Mraven

If his performance against West Ham is what you classify as a top performance, then Özil is really a bum.

He was average at best vs west ham and all of a sudden his band of merry man now use that as a reference point for a top performance :rofl:

The guy's only too performance in 2 years is vs Leicester which is pathetic IMO.

meanwhile we have two teenagers how have had multiple top games for us already this season than Özil has had for us in the past two years

read my post again, then answer. Not once did I say top performance.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Whatever the state of the current fiasco is, he's had some outstanding games for Arsenal. You could argue 'not enough' maybe, but to say at his best he was only half as abject as he is now is just continuing this pantomime thread with more hyperbole.
Don't think there's any "maybe" about it. He's without question not performed anywhere near consistently enough since he signed for us.

Also I'm not sure how any of this is "pantomime" or "hyperbole" since the exact same criticisms levelled at Özil today were also levelled at him in literally every one of the 7 seasons he's been with us.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

At this stage, he's just an annoyance more than anything. He's incapable of producing anything remotely justifying the stupid wages that are hampering the budget and even when he does put in one decent shift out of 10, you know that A) another listless performance is just around the corner and B) the constant discussion about his silly wages and what he does or doesn't offer is just going to rage on. I'm just tired of hearing about him to be honest. There's nothing about the Mesut Özil of 2020 that really warrants the level of attention he's given.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

read my post again, then answer. Not once did I say top performance.
You said he was "pulling strings" in our win against West Ham when he was without a doubt our worst offensive player in that game.

The way you said it, you'd think he dominated the game and KDB-esque in the game :lol:

You didn't say he had a "top performance" but you implied it with your "pulling the string" stuff

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You said he was "pulling strings" in our win against West Ham when he was without a doubt our worst offensive player in that game.

The way you said it, you'd think he dominated the game and KDB-esque in the game :lol:

You didn't say he had a "top performance" but you implied it with your "pulling the string" stuff

We got outplayed in that match, until out of nowhere we scored 3 goals in like 5 minutes or something...don't think Özil was that involved in any of them either.

It's funny everytime we lose without playing Özil or playing well, everyone forgets the numerous times in the last few years we have also lost with Özil playing and also not playing well at all :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
What’s going on though? There has been no speculation of any problems other than the refusal to take a pay cut.

He played all the games pre Covid, then we were in lockdown, they’ve been back a month and Arteta is saying everything is fine.

Arent you tired of it all? What do the specifics of this particular drama matter? Even if you get to the bottom of it, there will be another issue waiting in the wings to appear in a few weeks.

We are riding the tail end of a loveless arranged marriage. Özil was always the reluctant bride, forced into the union by his father (agent at the time of the transfer)

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Learn to read. I know you want to come in with pre-defined anti-Özil agenda bit if you read my post, you'd know I was not defending Özil but pointing out the gulf in relative quality between Özil and the Willocks/Cebellos' of the world. Regardless of his wages, when you're chasing a game against a low table side like Brighton, a joe willock or Reiss Nelson sub instead of an Özil or Martinelli sub is the absolutely the wrong move every. damn. time.

And if the club doesn't want to use Özil, don't pick him just like Man City. The club either needs to filly commit to project youth, or use Özil. Cant have it both ways. By not picking a path forward, the club is responsible for this constant Özil drama.
Özil was actually replaced by saka in the lineup and he was our most dangerous player. Do t know what you're moaning about.

You really care more about Özil playing than Arsenal winning ffs

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

You’re debating with a certified clown.
Yeah, bro. I'm a clown that actually want the best for this club, not for some overpaid cry baby who hasn't given us at least two or three good games in two years

gamechannel

Where were the anti Özil crowd when Arteta picked him for all his games before Covid?

So far none of them have made a single constructive case for why Willock or Cebellos or Nelson is a better option for us in a game like yesterday specially as a sub. They all just keep going after his high wage as if he pointed a gun to the board's head to give him that high salary.
Özil is not an impact sub. Either you start him or you don't.

It's why you rarely see him brought on from the bench by the manager.

Of course his fan girls wouldn't know this.

What would Özil have done if he'd come on?

Saka who apparently replaced Özil in the lineup was our most dangerous player on Saturday.

Don't get why you are crying about him being omitted. There's nothing he could have done. There were lots of things wrong with the team and Özil being dropped is not one of them.

IIRC, you even called Arteta "Raul's b#tch" for dropping Özil and yet you wonder why no one takes you seriously

He absolutely is Raul's ***** if he's doing his bidding for him. One day Özil os dropped for tscgical reason, next day he's not fit and ready. Next day he's in the squad. Boy, that Özil sure has some magical physical powers to get fit in a day's time!!!

From playing every game under Arteta to being dropped after refusing a paycut, its no rocket science to figure out who is the ***** and who's the master.

Again, you may resort to labels like fangirls etc to make your point when you don't actually have any defense for the fact that this Özil drama is clu
Özil was actually replaced by saka in the lineup and he was our most dangerous player. Do t know what you're moaning about.

You really care more about Özil playing than Arsenal winning ffs

Well, Arsenal sure won the game, didn't they?

Again, you're too thick to get ot through your head. I was referring to the subs. You bring Özil on, shift Saka wide on the LW and move Auba centrally to see if you can get the lead back. So Saka, as well as he did, can stay on, exploit the LW where Auba is ineffective and used centrally where he's more effective.

I never said Özil should have started. But you're too thick to see that cuz in your mind, I am an Özil fanboy cuz I'm not following the anti-Özil narrative.

Mraven

We got outplayed in that match, until out of nowhere we scored 3 goals in like 5 minutes or something...don't think Özil was that involved in any of them either.

It's funny everytime we lose without playing Özil or playing well, everyone forgets the numerous times in the last few years we have also lost with Özil playing and also not playing well at all :lol:

Not sure I would trust your judgement. We won 1-0

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not sure I would trust your judgement. We won 1-0

****, forgot we played them at home already...my bad :lol:

Can't remember anything else from that game, other than VAR trying desperately to not award us Laca's goal if i'm honest.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arent you tired of it all? What do the specifics of this particular drama matter? Even if you get to the bottom of it, there will be another issue waiting in the wings to appear in a few weeks.

We are riding the tail end of a loveless arranged marriage. Özil was always the reluctant bride, forced into the union by his father (agent at the time of the transfer)
I want him to leave, I’m hoping the club and his people can come to an arrangement, maybe a loan, maybe a pay off.

But if people talk about problems and issues, then what are those? You have to ask, because nothing has come out.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah, bro. I'm a clown that actually want the best for this club, not for some overpaid cry baby who hasn't given us at least two or three good games in two years
Your posting on Özil has always been dubious. You’ve actually been exposed quite abit, you’re nothing but a hater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom