• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I've got a funny feeling we're really pushing hard for Victor Osimhen and we may get him. He's already admitted he's in talks with clubs in the PL, and the owner has said he'll leave.

With the history we have with Lille, us needing a striker and Auba + Lacazette most likely leaving I feel we're trying to do a deal.

I'm rarely wrong.

HBL

Established Member
Yeah I do really like Ake, it's hard to judge how much he'd cost though if they went down, in my head it's £45M although they were asking for £70M last summer.

We've not even been linked with him either, I just think he's ideal. Good news is if we're looking at Mings, Ake will 100% be in the picture.
There are some good options in other leagues if we can't get him. Torunarigha, Pau Torres, Gabriel and Salisu would all be good options. Though it looks like the latter two could be moving elsewhere. Assuming those Alaba links were BS? I just want some proper footballers and decent athletes haha.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Coutinho would be a way better option, Barca apparently willing to pay a percentage of his wages

I mean I have doubts about that too, it's also not the sort of strategy we should be pursuing, but at least it's better than Willian.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

There are some good options in other leagues if we can't get him. Torunarigha, Pau Torres, Gabriel and Salisu would all be good options. Though it looks like the latter two could be moving elsewhere. Assuming those Alaba links were BS? I just want some proper footballers and decent athletes haha.

Gabriel is off to Everton now it seems.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I've got a funny feeling we're really pushing hard for Victor Osimhen and we may get him. He's already admitted he's in talks with clubs in the PL, and the owner has said he'll leave.

With the history we have with Lille, us needing a striker and Auba + Lacazette most likely leaving I feel we're trying to do a deal.

I'm rarely wrong.

If Auba leaves its probably quite likely.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If Chelsea can get Ake for 40m think they will at somepoint. Some reports say it runs out this summer though.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

If you're looking abroad you really couldn't get better than Nico Elvedi. One year left on his contract, he wouldn't break the bank, he's 23 and already very experienced with over 150 games in the Bundesliga, good athlete, good passer, clean defender. Makes total sense.

Or Malang Sarr. He's free, 21 and already played nearly as many games as a 27 year old Mings.

It's difficult to buy CB's, but there are good economical options out there.

Goonger

Don't think he is that good, way older than I thought as well

At least he's a good profile, tall, athletic, left footed, EPL experienced, a good age to go alongside Saliba.

Whether he can make the step up we would need to see.

Wonder if it would be more thing advantage on who gets relegated, ie Bournemouth & Ake or Villa with Mings?

HBL

Established Member
If you're looking abroad you really couldn't get better than Nico Elvedi. One year left on his contract, he wouldn't break the bank, he's 23 and already very experienced with over 150 games in the Bundesliga, good athlete, good passer, clean defender. Makes total sense.

Or Malang Sarr. He's free, 21 and already played nearly as many games as a 27 year old Mings.

It's difficult to buy CB's, but there are good economical options out there.

I like Elvedi, I think Torunarigha has higher potential though. Him and Boyata have been brilliant since Labadia took over, Torunarigha is rapid as well. Malang Sarr seems likely to join Dortmund or Inter.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Na Coutinho has a point to prove, I think he is an incredible player.

On his day he's a top player yeah. But his wages are huge, he's only giving you 2-3 years, maybe 4 if you're lucky, and there's every possibility that his form doesn't pick up and he just comes here to collect a cushty wage.

These expensive short-term decisions keep backfiring on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom