• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

It’s not going to help things to chase Arteta away at this point. It’s clearly not his fault and I’m sure his brain is working overtime to try to fix things.

Lets not turn on him and take it out on him like we did our last two managers. Not until we’ve given him a proper shot. Let’s not forget this is still his first season with us. Give him one full season before being assholes.
I am in support of giving him more time but it would definitely be a fallacy to exempt him from any faults. He is supposed to pick the best team and motivate the players he's got and we haven't seen him do that at all! He has also made wrong in-game decisions in over 70% of the matches we've played which is a bit alarming for me.
In comparison to Lampard who is also young and just slightly experienced, you could definitely see his in-game management is miles short.

I just pray that Arteta didn't somehow take on Wenger's stubbornness cause it's certainly a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
In the past, ive given Henderson a lot of flack, but he’s matured into a decent engine midfielder. He’s not anything special, but he is mature and he works hard. Two traits that none of our players have now.
He does what Coq did but he is capable of passing the ball. Sometimes you don't require much more than that. But even if we had one player like him it would be usells if he is paired with Douzy or any other who cannot even move without the ball.

The right thing to do was stepping aside from arsenal and pursue Klopp. He was a manager with character and hard working ethics. Something we needed here.
I remember when everyone, well almost everyone called for Kloop and the board didn't seem interested at all. That lack of proper decision making sickness that will crumble this club completely someday.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm giving Arteta a pass on this season. Impossible to work with this miserable bunch. Hope he gets backing in the summer and curious to see what next season will bring.

Unfortunately, we still have to finish the current season and try to at least get Europa League. Fear this will be a bridge too far already.

He has made some choices that perplexed me though, will be curious to see how he continues (like subbing attackers in the 85th minute when our midfield had been dreadful the entire game).

jato

Arteta is the last of the worries of this club. Players, exec team, ownership, Kia slowly embedding himself in, no proper board member with football experience, no one overseeing Raul, recruitment processes, financial issues etc.

Arteta's substitutions are odd. It's like he brings on subs just to let others get minutes rather than subs to effect the outcome of the game.

He really needs to bring out the Leeds FA cup hairdryer treatment more often.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Covid has been an absolute nightmare for him. Disrupted any momentum we had going and we’re now picking up injuries left right and centre.

Worst of all it’s crashed the transfer market. Good luck finding buyers for any of our bums now. And I don’t think we can buy without selling. Apparently Kroenke is in trouble too, so zero chance of him helping the club out / allowing us to stretch our financial position.

Half a million deaths and global economic meltdown .... its been a bit of an issue for a for a fair few people TBH!!

Last edited:

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I think he'll develop a good team in the next few years if the idiots at the top dont mess up everything. Give him a proper centreback, a proper midfielder and keep Saka he'll have something to build on. Hes hamstrung by his players and doesnt have a Ramsey or Koscielny to save the day like Emery did.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I'm giving Arteta a pass on this season. Impossible to work with this miserable bunch. Hope he gets backing in the summer and curious to see what next season will bring.

Unfortunately, we still have to finish the current season and try to at least get Europa League. Fear this will be a bridge too far already.

He has made some choices that perplexed me though, will be curious to see how he continues (like subbing attackers in the 85th minute when our midfield had been dreadful the entire game).

Let's get real, what other option does he have? Who does he have on the bench that can improve our midfield?

GunnerShy

With cinemas opening July 4th I think it's increasingly likely we will get some sort of crowds for at least some of next season.

I'd be really disappointed if we aren't after Partey and more this season. Could he one of a few times where there's value in the market.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta should be judged at the end of next season. It's all doom and gloom at the minute, but in football it's said you should never too optimistic or pessimistic about a situation. Yes we are currently a long way off, but next season should be seen as a big opportunity for the club.

No European games means Arteta will get a week at a time to prepare for games, which is a big advantage in the PL. We've seen how this has benefited Chelsea and Leicester in recent years.

Of course the club has to get the recruitment right, but no Europe also means we can have a much smaller squad. This should give the board the green light to start a fire sale and flog a lot of the ****, and focus on quality rather than quantity. If the club can do this, and manage to sign a first team CB/DM/AM/FWD, then Mikel should have tools at his disposal to get top 4 IMO.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't think any manager could get this group of players playing well

Need to get rid of a couple of influences and add new influences, get the team playing to potential and then improve that potential with other signings

Most importantly is sorting the attitude and mentality out. Arteta excuses the right mentality

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Let's get real, what other option does he have? Who does he have on the bench that can improve our midfield?
Could've brought on Joe Willock and Maitland-Niles sooner as Guendouzi and Ceballos were completely invisible and too slow the entire game.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I don't think any manager could get this group of players playing well

Need to get rid of a couple of influences and add new influences, get the team playing to potential and then improve that potential with other signings

Most importantly is sorting the attitude and mentality out. Arteta excuses the right mentality
I agree. So far we've run out of town 1) the [arguably] second greatest manager in PL history and a borderline world class [at the time] guy who overachieved in La Liga and more or less held serve at PSG. Next up: the up-and-coming former player who had the second best or best (Pep, vs. Klopp) manager in the world raving about his skill + potential.

Do I think Arteta is a great, or even good manager at this stage in his career? Not really. But at some point, you'd got to shift attention from the cook and towards the rotten food in his pantry. The players, and those who signed them, are a disgrace.

Top Bottom