• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,524

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
As as player I like Willian. A great dribbler, good on 1vs 1s, decent crosser and hard working. Still a starter at Chelsea and a player they want to keep and has shown no significant signs of decline yet.

If the rumours are true then the supposed midfield and wing line up doesnt look bad:

-------Partey----Xhaka------Saka-------
--Pepe-------------------------------Willian

Thst said I am not keen on getting more players under Kia, I don't want his influnce increasing further.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We can't give 300k to Auba but let's give 250k to Willian who not even world class. Just shut up John

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don’t get sidestepped by John Cross. Point is that we’ll offer him a deal Chelsea won’t, and he’ll join here.

Mitch

Don’t get sidestepped by John Cross. Point is that we’ll offer him a deal Chelsea won’t, and he’ll join here.

Chelsea have already confirmed they in talks for Willian amd Lampard stated that he wants to keep Willian.

I just think we will end paying Willian silly money and give Kia a big fat bonus that make Willian sign for us instead.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No we won't specially not over 200k he 32 years old not 23 years to get that kind of money there is reason why Chelsea don't want to extend even he been good with them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
As is the case every summer, @GDeep™ is in full defence of John Cross’ bullshit articles.

Some things never change
Haven’t even read the article or even spoken about it. I’m talking generally about Willian.

He wants a 3 year deal, Chelsea are offering two.

As usual, you’re plucking stuff from thin air.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If we sign this guy we're gonna have 3 Kia players who are 29+ and on their last big contract.

This is really snowballing and pissing me off now. As @Mitch said I wouldn't have actually minded Willian in a normal transfer, considering we brought in the right players in other positions. But because its Kia he can **** off, just out of principle.

Even though Willian is a good player, let's start rebuilding for the near future. We aren't getting top4 any time soon. Chelsea and United will be superior to us going into next season, not to mention the likes of Wolves and Leciester strenghtening. Worrying times ahead.

Mitch

Willian contributing more to Liverpool title success than the overhyped Slippy G ever did.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This rumour is like a turd that won't flush. Getting scared that there might be some truth to it

jato

This rumour is like a turd that won't flush. Getting scared that there might be some truth to it

Of course there is some truth to it, Orstein has said we're after a winger, midfielder and CB.

Willian fits that bill and Kia has a player for it. Of course Kia is going to try and milk it for all he can.

Can't wait until we get these idiots out of the club. Toxic, no such thing as rebuilding if we keep getting his old clients on massive wages. The exec team have obviously have learnt nothing.

tcahill

Don't care how good he is or how well he'd fit our squad. Our two biggest issues right now are:

-Lots of declining older players/squad players on big wages.
-Weak mentality in the team. The only way we'll fix this is by signing hungry players who want to impress, instead of just collecting their bloated wage.

Willian falls straight into both these categories. Honestly signing him would be worse than the Luiz extension.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
On paper Willian still is a good player, he's been Chelsea's best attacking midfielder this season. He's getting on a bit but still has the tools physically. I think he'd help Gabi as well.

But in reality, signing another Chelsea reject is just embarrassing for the club, would further erode away our credibility.

To be honest I think he will extend at Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom