• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | Thursday 25th June | KO: 18:00 | Sky Sports

Result?

• Southampton Win

Votes: 46 63.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 16 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Really mixed game but a win is a win, we're at least close to building momentum now.

Have to say I was impressed with Holding and Mustafi - two defenders I honestly don't expect much of these days but they were surprisingly solid and committed precisely 0 errors today, so a big well done to them. I thought Xhaka and Saka were also very solid performers today and brought much needed discipline and control. Tierney was also very solid while he was on the pitch and can't say he did anything wrong. Defensively we were strong, that's the strongest I can remember us looking back there for the whole game.

Bellerin and Ceballos were the big disappointments for me, they offered nothing in possession and at least Bellerin was decent defensively so I give him some kudos for that - Ceballos did literally nothing. Credit to Xhaka, really ran the middle almost alone.

Nketiah was very good upfront and his energy and pressing was such a needed reprieve for the rest of the team. It didn't work out as well against a really strong City team but against Southampton, they struggled to build from the back as a result of his and Auba's running at them. Really impressive performance. Aubameyang was also impressive in how unselfish he was in terms of movement and trying to help his teammates. Pepe invisible but I can't too much blame him when he was so isolated and Bellerin and Ceballos on his side of the pitch stinking up the joint. Willock came on and at least made more of an impact but he still had issues.

The attack really suffered due to how lopsided our performance was in possession. The left side of the pitch were doing it's job but on the other side there was nothing - then Arteta decided to shore up to get the points which while boring ensured we got a much needed win and we did that.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Imagine sucking off mustafi and Xhaka after an arsenal win in which weren't convincing.

In the 29th minute Xhaka made an errant pass in our own half that went straight to a Southampton player. We're lucky they didn't punish us for it

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Xhaka is our best midfielder in the team. He knows what he needs to do with the ball and also he has a good long pass. Xhaka won the midfield alone because Dani didn't play well.

But I'm not really happy with our victory because we played better than the other 2 games but we still can improve more. This winning means that we are going to be ready to beat Sheffield United on Sunday and we will get the semi-finals. C'mooon

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Imagine sucking off mustafi and Xhaka after an arsenal win in which weren't convincing.

In the 29th minute Xhaka made an errant pass in our own half that went straight to a Southampton player. We're lucky they didn't punish us for it
Seriously. If anything, it's the youngsters who saved us. Xhaka as always did **** all. And he made his "funny passes to opponents in our own half" twice just in the first half. And people are sucking upto him.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Can we take a moment and appreciate Mustafi and Xhaka ... they faced more abuse than any player should from their own fans... and they were still out there today, fighting and playing the arsenal way
Contract extensions incoming..

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

oh my god, xhaka had an missplaced pass? no way that's possible in football. forgot all players have a 100% pass accuracy every game.

Lynch him!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Seriously. If anything, it's the youngsters who saved us. Xhaka as always did **** all. And he made his "funny passes to opponents in our own half" twice just in the first half. And people are sucking upto him.
Of course he had a fantastic game because his mistake was not punished, according to his die-hards.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Terrible performance. And as usual with arsenal, always getting the points on the board too little too late.

Pop Tart

Established Member
It was not a great performance but there was a few good moments of attacking, always the end product in final third lacking. Saka was top draw, he is confident in what he can do. He is one of the first names on the team sheet. Also a clean sheet is amazing.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Tierney, Holding and Martinez get the 3 bonus points of EPl fantasy football.

Martinez, Holding and Tierney top 3 according to sofascore.

think that tells us everything about our performance today.

that's not a bad thing. to often we dont defend well enough.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

May, at 90 minutes :lol:

That's what this team has done to us.
Years ago would have been different, a lot more confident, thats what the team has done to the fans hahaha. it was still 6 minutes left aswell.

Going defensive to see out the match the whole 2nd half, wouldn't have done that years ago! :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

2nd half on the counter 3v3 40 yards from goal and he passed straight to a Southampton player. My issue with Xhaka is not his mistakes but his pass selection and delays that kill our attacks before they can even start. He can’t press either so against quick passing midfields he’s badly exposed.

What he brings is stability though and right now we need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom