• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Even if he's decent he won't be able to single handedly save us like Leno did. Leno was performing miracles and even then made the odd mistake himself. Emi will be well well short of what Leno was able to do which means we could be in an even worse state than we have been unless by some miracle we improve defensively.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even if he's decent he won't be able to single handedly save us like Leno did. Leno was performing miracles and even then made the odd mistake himself. Emi will be well well short of what Leno was able to do which means we could be in an even worse state than we have been unless by some miracle we improve defensively.
Its just for 8 more games in summer we'll definitely buy gk

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Final goal was poor defending from Holding I think letting Maupay run off him but Emi invited the chip by going to ground way too early.

If he stands tall a bit longer he’d have cut the angle right down.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully he can show the form he had while on loan.. A good run might fool someone to overpay for him in the summer.

Malky

Established Member
Martinez is crap, might have the odd good game, but the bottom line is he's crap. We're in for a very rough end to the season.

Think he will be a surprise when he gets a run of games! He is better than Leno IMO but needs more than one game here and there to show it!

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

This bloke is so much better then people give him credit for, has every right to be our 2nd keeper, on his chances in cup games he has put in so many strong saves, important ones aswell. Look at his save he made in the first 5 minutes on Mooys.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Very good Goal keeping performance didn't have much to do but important save against long and very good in air too

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ederson would've been proud with some of his pings tonight.

Its the best part of his game imo and he really showed it at Reading last year.

I think with him it’s all mental, my theory is that he’s better when he’s assured of his place.

Last year at Reading he was absolutely unreal and now he’s going to be starting our remaining games he seemed noticeably better today.

Not sure where I stand because I believe talent wise he’s genuinely top class and thought he’d kick on and challenge Leno this year but in all his opportunities until today he’s been terrible.

A good run in and I wouldn’t be adverse to flipping him for a good price, there’s a top keeper in there somewhere but he’ll be 28 next summer and I doubt he’ll ever realistically challenge Leno.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Its the best part of his game imo and he really showed it at Reading last year.

I think with him it’s all mental, my theory is that he’s better when he’s assured of his place.

Last year at Reading he was absolutely unreal and now he’s going to be starting our remaining games he seemed noticeably better today.

Not sure where I stand because I believe talent wise he’s genuinely top class and thought he’d kick on and challenge Leno this year but in all his opportunities until today he’s been terrible.

A good run in and I wouldn’t be adverse to flipping him for a good price, there’s a top keeper in there somewhere but he’ll be 28 next summer and I doubt he’ll ever realistically challenge Leno.
I think the worst position to be backup is goal keeper because you'll only get handful of games in season and these handful of games could be 1 game every month it's difficult to stay competitive.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@American_Gooner

Being honest with me mate...when Emi pinged that beautiful ball out to Auba, but Pierre's cross was blocked denying Emi a highlight reel, replay worthy pre assist...did you breathe a sign of relief? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom