• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I know not everyone means it that way, but I swear any time a player's age is mentioned and it turns out he is older than 25, you could almost hear the collective gasps of shock in the thread.

If AM had decided who was in the risk group for Covid-19, anyone over 21 would be in lockdown.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Decent today but still like mustafi and xhaka a big mistake is always around the corner with him. Hope he can prove me wrong.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
@American_Gooner

Being honest with me mate...when Emi pinged that beautiful ball out to Auba, but Pierre's cross was blocked denying Emi a highlight reel, replay worthy pre assist...did you breathe a sign of relief? :lol:
I actually missed it, came back to the TV and Emi had his hands on his head which could mean anything with that gimp.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Always been a fan. Distribution is top class. That pass to Auba yesterday was Ederson-esque.

One fault I think he has in his game is a confidence that moves into arrogance at times which leads to errors/mistakes. Reminds of Szczesny in that sense.
Yeah, you could really see that he was looking for those long balls. Great appetite to prove himself as well Id say.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He was solid and what I liked most was the speed and variety of his distribution. I didnt get nervous when he was pressed either. Its a good start for him and a chabce for us to get a proper sustained run out.

Impact

Established Member
Always been a fan. Distribution is top class. That pass to Auba yesterday was Ederson-esque.

One fault I think he has in his game is a confidence that moves into arrogance at times which leads to errors/mistakes. Reminds of Szczesny in that sense.

More of the same today.

Talented shot-stopping and even better distributing. Strong aerial presence too.

But a few times today, Martinez put us under unnecessary pressure by making the wrong decision i.e. using his evident talent to play a pass to a defender without thinking about whether that defender was in a good position to progress play.

Last edited:

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
It is a night and day different in keep distribution vs. Leno.

Martinez can kick and throw the ball pin point to our players in the opposing half.

Leno just passes it to his own defender.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
His longer distribution is very good. While I like some of his risks while passing short, we're playing with Mustafi and Holding, not Laporte and Van Djik, needs to be careful

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
his distribution is good from a goal kick or when he catches the ball and kicks it but when the ball is at his feet, he is just heavily passing to one of our defenders which might become risky against better teams if they aren't able to control the heavy pass

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...man, Pirlo really was a bit of the town bike in Italy when you think about it...Jesus, who hasn’t had him over there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom