• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
@Toby Andrl what's this Weghorst actually like? Few reliable reports linking him to us atm, I've never even heard of him until yesterday but for someone at 6'5 his actually has some decent scoring stats and may not be the donkey people think.

Only asking you as no one else on AM will have heard of him.

Obviously has the attributes of a standard big lump target man, but his evolution in Germany has been impressive. Good at pressing and snaffling possession like a slower Nketiah (aided because he has such long legs), and has an incredible finishing efficiency rate, partly because almost all his goals are 15 yards out or closer.

A sort of hybrid target man, pressing forward and poacher. Would certainly fit our set up better than Laca, but not as quick over the first few yards, not as nimble footed and less capable of the rare brilliant goals Laca gets. Prob not worth the money it would cost.

A taller, slightly quicker Giroud with slightly better finishing and not as good hold up and 1st time passing play.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
olivier-giroud-arsenal_3366497.jpg

...Giroud's best look in my opinion...nice subtle beard in 2015, it's too ridiculous looking now imo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Saint-Etienne look very disappointed by our demands and couldn't agree for him to stay and play the cup final

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think the clubs such a mess right now.

You've not got United clicking into place as well and willing to spend a lot this summer. Chelsea also spending a lot.

There was a big opportunity to steal a march on both of them this season and we blew it. Even leicester took that chance. Absolute miracle if we can come out of this summer with a top 4 challenging side

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Great job from club not accept this last summer they played hardball with us we ended paying 30m and loan him out now we should pay them extra 2.5M to play extra game they could just gently remove this clause and he'll can play.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

From a PR point of view this doesn't make us look good. Arteta openly says he'd like Saliba to stay and play in the final, then on the same day St Etienne reveal he won't stay because Arsenal don't want to pay extra money or whatever.

If it's a question of him playing one game or us paying them 2.5m, then obviously he shouldn't stay. But it would have been good if Arteta knew this before openly saying that he should stay at St Etienne.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
They have the right to be angry and disappointed but no club in world gonna risk and pay extra 2-3M for a player to play extra game. They just acting greedy.

I agree, I just think Arteta should have known about this before he went into public and gave his blessing for him to play. The Arsenal hierarchy should have prepared him better, because now he's been made to look bad.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
If there was no shut down he'd playing that game anyway and they'd be paying them their money. Instead they are trying to use the current situation to weasel their way out of paying their dues and making the manager look like a fool in the process.

If there was no shut down he'd playing that game anyway and they'd be paying them their money. Instead they are trying to use the current situation to weasel their way out of paying their dues and making the manager look like a fool in the process.
Tbf, if there was no lockdown the club would have been in a better financial position. Of course, they should have made it apparent to St. Ettiene earlier. Still, it's business and I'd rather not spend money if I can avoid spending it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom