• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Wiltord's left boot

Although Arteta is being more pragmatic recently, I feel the main difference between him and Emery is that we are now concentrating on building a style and trying to impose it on our opponents.

Under Emery it was pragmatic to the point where it started to have an effect on our mentality.

I remember when Robbie Fowler was being interviewed about playing under Gerard Houlier at Liverpool. He basically said that the players had received so much detail about the opposition that by the time match day came around they were scared of them.

Fans moaned about Arsène not changing style and being pragmatic but many players said that he gave them unbelievable belief. I can see similarities with Arteta. Things looking up at last. Roll on Wolves!

Emery was a bad coach for Arsenal, not a bad coach in general.
100%. He's a good coach and more importantly, he's a good man. But he wasn't cut to deal with the pressure of our situation and his struggle with English really did him in. I have no doubt he'll excel at the Sevilla level again in Spain but he'll never cut it with us.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Emery gave us Saka, I keep reminding myself of that to make me feel better

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
One thing I’ve noticed in the last three games is the amount of runs our players are making in behind, be in the full backs or forwards. We look a lot deadlier now and the likes of Xhaka and Ceballos have the quality to pick these players out.

Encouraging signs.

credit to tactics for that.
will be interesting, and tricky, against teams with quality numbers in the midfield

Manberg

Predator
I’m really liking the 3-4-3. While our squad is near fully fit it’s probably our best suitable formation. Provides stability. Allows the wingbacks or a midfielder to bomb forward without sacrificing defensive structure.
Arteta has got it spot on.

Top Bottom