• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@American_Gooner now...

maxresdefault.jpg

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's quite rare for a back up goalkeeper to become better than the No1 goalkeeper. Only instance I've seen is Allison and Scezeny in Roma.

But this season Martinez has looked assured since coming on to replace Leno. I understand some people's reservation about him, but he might just be as good as Leno or better which is a headache scenario

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He has pleasantly surprised me. Seems so calm and collected. Very good at playing out from the back too.

Having said all of that, still can't shake off that nightmare memory at Anfield where he was literally punching the balls into his own net. Need to see a stretch of good run before I'm convinced he has turned a corner.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
He seems to have really strong arms and hands, every ball sticks like he has glue on his palms, no rebound chances whatsoever. Some of the shots he nulified were really hard to save. Was surprised by his ability on the ball it shows he's been under Arsenal school for a very long time.

Very promising sings indeed.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not sure why people thought he was a joke. Has always been a decent keeper.

He's been raved about ever since his last loan.

Leno + Emi > Cech + Leno.

Imagine we'd managed to keep ol' chezzers here. Two academy goalies. sigh...

Aevi

Hale End FC
Pretty much all keepers have made mistakes, we can find clips of ones from Leno too. Not sure it means much. I can accept that he was ready 4-5 years ago but I really do believe he's been solid for several season now. Great backup at minimum.

Aevi

Hale End FC
If he continues playing well for the rest of the season, would you be convinced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom