• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalmaneser V

Footballing wise his attitude is amazing. Wants to be the best when he steps on the pitch. It's his antics outside of football that are questionable. But when he's as good as he's been lately, who cares.

If we can move Lacazette on and Auba extends and stays on the left hand side then Memphis as a false 9 could work I think.

His injury record is a concern though and not sure it’s wise for the club to be dealing with Aulas again.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Are you sure it's not just the Sun and Daily Mail that don't approve of Depay?

lomekian

Essays are my thing
This is poor from Arsenal if the conditions really are that bad. Poor for the player who couldve won a trophy at a young age.

St Ettienne were being massive a-holes and basically wanted us to pass a clause level for one more game that would cost us £2.5m, for the pleasure of us allowing them to extend his loan beyond the agreement.

Their choice made it clear they care more about the cash than the player or the cup final.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
From a PR point of view this doesn't make us look good. Arteta openly says he'd like Saliba to stay and play in the final, then on the same day St Etienne reveal he won't stay because Arsenal don't want to pay extra money or whatever.

If it's a question of him playing one game or us paying them 2.5m, then obviously he shouldn't stay. But it would have been good if Arteta knew this before openly saying that he should stay at St Etienne.

Apparently it was also down to them refusing to agree to Arsenal's training suggestions...we'll probably never know the detail of that.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Who would people actually get rid of? Heres the list -

Kolasinac
Sokratis
Mustafi
Holding
Chambers
Özil
Elneny
Mavropanos
Guendouzi
Torreira
Laca

Realistically you can only get rid of 6 or 7 this summer

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Opportunistic signings is the name of the game this summer.

Partey, great player with a release clause lower than his market value who apparently wants to come.
Depay, last year of his contract and coming off an ACL injury, a superior player in Sane in a very similar situation is going to be sold for a reasonable price (Aulas though...) hopefully Lyon are in a precarious situation due to Covid/no UCL.
Upamecano, also last year of his contract. A bit more questionable considering Lepizig are in a more solid position and I'm not sure 2 young CBs is the best idea. Ake is also a good opportunistic alternative if Bournemouth goes down.

Kolasinac
Sokratis
Mustafi
Holding
Chambers
Özil
Elneny

Mavropanos
Guendouzi
Torreira
Laca

We could probably sell all the bolded + AMN(if he's really set to leave) to fund a big chunk of those 3 and still end up with a top 4 challenging team plus an exciting young team as a backup
NeOQoY5.png

If we can end up with a positive balance by selling Bellerin to PSG and getting Aarons/Bogle in return I'd take it.
Pray to god it doesn't come down to it but hopefully Stan realizes that the smart financial decision is to invest a bit this summer instead of letting his investment fall into mediocrity.

Shalmaneser V

Kolasinac
Sokratis
Mustafi
Holding
Chambers
Özil
Elneny
Mavropanos
Guendouzi
Torreira
Laca

Sokratis
Mustafi
Özil
Elneny
Lacazette
Torreira
Holding or Chambers

I’d give Guendouzi maybe another year to prove himself. Mavropanos another loan

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't know if Depay is the guy, but I gather he's been playing as a 'false 9'. I'd say if (big IF) Lacazette leaves and we can keep Auba, we need that sort of player.

Everyone keeps putting Auba at CF in their formations, as if the only thing keeping him on the left is the presence of Lacazette. Nah, I think that's just where Arteta likes him. I think if Auba his here next season he'd still be starting on the left tbh. So you'd want to find a forward who could start in the centre and link up well with Auba and Pepe and bring them into the game.

FinnGooner

Established Member

Kolasinac
Sokratis
Mustafi
Holding
Chambers
Özil
Elneny
Mavropanos
Guendouzi
Torreira
Laca

Just get rid of the ones who we can get the most money for. Douzi is obviously the only one we might regret losing since his ceiling is the highest but at the moment it looks like he won't reach it any time soon. And maybe for him to become better the only way is a change of scenery so even if he ends up being a top player somewhere else, it doesn't mean he would've done it here. He's probably the one who we could get the most money for as well so o that note he's be on top of my list.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I don't know if Depay is the guy, but I gather he's been playing as a 'false 9'. I'd say if (big IF) Lacazette leaves and we can keep Auba, we need that sort of player.

Everyone keeps putting Auba at CF in their formations, as if the only thing keeping him on the left is the presence of Lacazette. Nah, I think that's just where Arteta likes him. I think if Auba his here next season he'd still be starting on the left tbh. So you'd want to find a forward who could start in the centre and link up well with Auba and Pepe and bring them into the game.
I'm on the fence about Depay, because I generally don't want Arsenal to buy ACL-recoverees, but assuming Depay's pre-injury level and Auba staying to play on the left, we could do much worse than Depay.

In fact, I doubt we could do much better than Depay. He'd have a more immediate impact than say David or Edouard who I both rate as talented strikers. He would hit double figures in both assists and goals and be a handful, while creating space and feeding Auba chances.

I rate our own talented strikers, so it doesn't seem too logical to buy a 20 y.o. striker. Our strikers could really learn from Depay and he brings that warrior mentality to the squad. Pre-injury I'm absolutely convinced he could come back and redeem himself in the PL.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Laca and Auba out, Depay and Eduoard in.

Depay Eduoard Pepe looks a really exciting attack where they are all flexible enough to interchange freely.

Totally agree, I think Auba is far more useful and a better player out wide. His link up and hold up play is nowhere near good enough to be played as a lone striker. We need to find that Firminho type player who can do all the dirty work so Auba and Pepe can destroy teams from wide like Mane and Salah do. I like Edouard, his all round game is excellent. He is also comfortable out wide so him and Auba could rotate at will which is a huge advantage.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Auba probably has 2 or 3 more years scoring the way he does. Keeping him guarantees 20 league goals a season. I think Auba wants to stay tbf and its all about if we can show the ambition to make him stay.

Sell Guendouzi for £35M, Laca for £25M, Sokratis, Mustafi and Holding/Chambers for around £20-25M. Torreira can also go in my eyes, yield a good £25M for him.

Raul and co gotta do incredibly well to shift them but I think its doable. Especially with Laca, Guendouzi and Torreira.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Do we actually need to sign a replacement for Lacazette if Nketiah continues to impress? Aubameyang, Nketiah, and Martinelli could be enough you know, I'd rather spend in other areas at that point.

Wouldn’t mind a guy like Edouard as a replacement for Lacazette, let him and Eddie battle it out for ST role while Auba is on the left.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Do we actually need to sign a replacement for Lacazette if Nketiah continues to impress? Aubameyang, Nketiah, and Martinelli could be enough you know, I'd rather spend in other areas at that point.
I guess it depends on whether Arteta wants to keep playing Auba outwide, I personally would rather see us get a left winger and move auba upfront.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Wouldn’t mind a guy like Edouard as a replacement for Lacazette, let him and Eddie battle it out for ST role while Auba is on the left.
If LW Auba is the plan for the future then definitely. It entirely depends on where we play him for sure. Given he's doing well there I wouldn't mind continuing with that, though I've generally had the impression he's playing there mostly because we're trying to accommodate Lacazette and have few high-quality wing options. We'll see.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If LW Auba is the plan for the future then definitely. It entirely depends on where we play him for sure. Given he's doing well there I wouldn't mind continuing with that, though I've generally had the impression he's playing there mostly because we're trying to accommodate Lacazette and have few high-quality wing options. We'll see.

I think with having both Saka, Tierney and Kola fit we'd likely of seen Saka return to the left, however Arteta is yet to do Saka Auba Pepe and I think that tells us he likes Auba left a lot.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer

Kolasinac
Sokratis
Mustafi
Holding
Chambers
Özil
Elneny
Mavropanos
Guendouzi