• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,496

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We have Nelson, Saka (if he stays), Martinelli and Pepe for the wing
I think Willian on a free transfer makes a lot of sense. Hes technically gifted and players we currently have can learn a lot from him.
The only stumbling block will be the agents/sign-on fees and his wages.

I would definitely choose Willian over Foster, another player we have been linked with.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Would take him tbh. He is still pretty good. Would be good for our young attackers and cover all across the front four. I'd rather if we sign any seniors it be free agents like Willian, Cavani, Mertens and Meunier for a patch up job and spend mney on loading up on young players,

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Again since the restart Willian has been nothing but impressive for Chelsea when I've see him play. Still very fast, great 1 v 1 and gets his fair share of goals.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
One of Chelsea's best players and would be ours (with Aubameyang) if he came here.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's playing well, he would fit our system, our young wingers can learn a lot from him.
If hes not Mkhitaryan expensive I say sign him up for a couple of years.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I maintain it’s short sighted. His best years are behind him. Liverpool left us in the dust by poaching self motivated talent that showed unnutured flashes of excellence like Wijnaldum and Mané.

I’d put a player like Allan Saint-Maximin in that category. Giving me Mané vibes and he’d come here.

Hat trick of assists yesterday and routinely unplayable. Better technically than Adama and just as quick.

We should make moves before the Saudi’s move in and leave Willian well alone.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Free transfer are rarely cheap.

Not only do you pay higher wages and signing on fees there’s also the agent fees the consider. Have we forgot about how much one year of Luiz cost the club already?

It’s not that he’d be a bad signing, it’s just given where we are it’s the completely wrong type. It’d make more sense Liverpool signing him.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Would take me for two seasons to replace Laca. I can see him doing well all across the attacking front line and filling in midfield when required.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I maintain it’s short sighted. His best years are behind him. Liverpool left us in the dust by poaching self motivated talent that showed unnutured flashes of excellence like Wijnaldum and Mané.

I’d put a player like Allan Saint-Maximim in that category. Giving me Mané vibes and he’d come here.

Hat trick of assists yesterday and routinely unplayable. Better technically than Adama and just as quick.

We should make moves before the Saudi’s move in and leave Willian well alone.
We ain't getting him from Newcastle.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd be for this tbh. Our recent acquisitions from Chelsea haven't been amazing on the pitch, but by all accounts they've been immense in the dressing room. The guy is a proven winner, and do think he has at least another good season in him. Can play on either wing at a high level, and works his socks off, I imagine he's a managers dream.

I think he would really help the likes of Saka and Martinelli.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

When was the last time we signed a player from our rivals that ended up good for us? And Chelsea for that who seem to be actively giving us players to torpedo us

samshere

Why so serieuse?
When was the last time we signed a player from our rivals that ended up good for us? And Chelsea for that who seem to be actively giving us players to torpedo us
They haven't ended up good for us but neigther have they ended up bad. Both Cech and Luiz are decent stop gaps while we take our time to get genuine starters in. I'll be behind the Willian move as well, gives more time for Nelson to grow, preferably on loan, before we give up on him.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

They haven't ended up good for us but neigther have they ended up bad. Both Cech and Luiz are decent stop gaps while we take our time to get genuine starters in. I'll be behind the Willian move as well, gives more time for Nelson to grow, preferably on loan, before we give up on him.
What happens a year from now when he inevitably becomes a bum?

And he refuses to leave? I'd rather give that play time to Martinelli or Nelson. No more Chelsea casts off

samshere

Why so serieuse?
What happens a year from now when he inevitably becomes a bum?

And he refuses to leave? I'd rather give that play time to Martinelli or Nelson. No more Chelsea casts off
We'll get him on a 1+1 contract like we did for Luiz. Nelson is not ready to contribute and needs regular game time. We keep Martinelli as our precocious talent to be given game time. We cant afford to have two non contributing youth players, especially if we want to get close to the top four next year.

Goonger

We'll get him on a 1+1 contract like we did for Luiz. Nelson is not ready to contribute and needs regular game time. We keep Martinelli as our precocious talent to be given game time. We cant afford to have two non contributing youth players, especially if we want to get close to the top four next year.

He's knocked back a 2 year deal from Chelsea because he wants a 3 year deal. He's not going to accept a 1+1 from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom