• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Boga is ****ing class but I'd be surprised if we brought him in.

Perhaps if Saka is viewed more as a midfielder, and the club decided they wanted a left-sided forward. But yeah, it doesn't seem an obvious position of need.

He has an interesting profile though. He runs with these really short steps and keeps the ball incredibly close to his feet, then has these bursts of acceleration where he appears to move at double speed. Reminds you a bit of Sterling or Hazard in the way he dribbles. He also looks to be able to cut in and curl shots into the corner. If he can put it all together at a higher level he could be some player.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Saka signed, martinelli signed, reports of Auba next. Mkhi gone.
Raul the Great :drool:

Just need Özil gone and already 10/10 summer :drool:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Posted elsewhere but there really is a case for us selling white a few players outside of them not being good enough. We have way too many defenders in the squad and should sell 3 or 4 really and not be left short.

Makes me more hopeful we can do some business further up the pitch, especially if we augment funds with Guendouzi and Lacazette moving on

benjamin86

Established Member
Posted elsewhere but there really is a case for us selling white a few players outside of them not being good enough. We have way too many defenders in the squad and should sell 3 or 4 really and not be left short.

Makes me more hopeful we can do some business further up the pitch, especially if we augment funds with Guendouzi and Lacazette moving on
Luis, Saliba, Mari and Chambers will be staying as he's returning from injury. Mavropanos got rave reviews on loan it will be interesting to see if Arteta thinks he should be involved with the squad if not loan him to a Bundeliga team. I'd imagine we keep 1 of Holding, Mustafi and Sokratis?

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Luis, Saliba, Mari and Chambers will be staying as he's returning from injury. Mavropanos got rave reviews on loan it will be interesting to see if Arteta thinks he should be involved with the squad if not loan him to a Bundeliga team. I'd imagine we keep 1 of Holding, Mustafi and Sokratis?

Really dont think we need more than 4 CBs. A case could be made for 5 as Luiz is kind of an extra, squad morale, dressing room presence type guy. Especially if we were to sign someone like Upamecano (unlikely)

Tierney and Xhaka can always fill a hole in an emergency. Should be moving a lot on to allow us to address other areas.

Kolasinac should be moved on too I think. Too expensive for a back up.

We really need to get lean financially

benjamin86

Established Member
Really dont think we need more than 4 CBs. A case could be made for 5 as Luiz is kind of an extra, squad morale, dressing room presence type guy. Especially if we were to sign someone like Upamecano (unlikely)

Tierney and Xhaka can always fill a hole in an emergency. Should be moving a lot on to allow us to address other areas.

Kolasinac should be moved on too I think. Too expensive for a back up.

We really need to get lean financially
Luis, Saliba, Mari, Chambers and Holding?
Chambers is coming back from injury so he'll be hard to sell. He's also a utility player that fits multiple positions. If we were to sign Upmecano of Gabriel then Holding should be loaned or sold.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Luis, Saliba, Mari, Chambers and Holding?
Chambers is coming back from injury so he'll be hard to sell. He's also a utility player that fits multiple positions. If we were to sign Upmecano of Gabriel then Holding should be loaned or sold.

Thing is we've tried to shift Mustafi every summer since he signed with no luck so I think hell stay.

So for me we need to get Sokratis +1 out

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Talk about a win win for you.

Anyway, you think Messi'd dare to come here with Saka in front of him? Messi don't wanna play LWB.

Tough competition with Pepe as well. I’d take a punt on him though, might be good enough for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom