• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I'd love Xhaka gone. He's not Arsenal standard, or what should be Arsenal standard.

But.....

He's our best current midfielder. And he's not good enough. Then realise the others are far worse.

We need two center backs this summer or high quality or at least one more to partner Saliba. We need two top midfielders to partner Xhaka, let alone replace him.

If we had Sheikhs, sure get rid. But with Kroenke?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was slightly less good today than he has been in the last couple of games, but he was still pretty sturdy. I still think he's limited in terms of progression but he did alright.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The Norwich game was good for him with all the time and space he had. Tonight, he was much better when he went up the pitch and slightly out wide. He was anonymous with Ceballos for a long stretch of the match. He still doesn't cope that well when pressed. He can't pick up the ball and drive in tighter spaces like Ceballos and the last two games have convinced me that he should never be the deepest midfielder. He didn't do much wrong tonight, but as the senior CM, we need better to progress.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

and the last two games have convinced me that he should never be the deepest midfielder. He didn't do much wrong tonight, but as the senior CM, we need better to progress.

So you have realized now, after these two last games. How is Dennis doing by the way, Mrs.Bergkamp?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
So you have realized now, after this two last games. How is Dennis doing by the way, Mrs.Bergkamp?
Dennis is very well. I'll send him your regards. I believe Xhaka is your cousin. For what's it's worth, I think he's nice as a person but I don't like his profile as a player. No need to comment and be defensive on every little thing I write about him. Its not personal dislike. :)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka making our midfield better he can be frustrating at times but it clear without we'll struggle to how dictate the game. Now it's very important to get Partey and someone else to give him more freedom to play

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Dennis is very well. I'll send him your regards. I believe Xhaka is your cousin. For what's it's worth, I think he's nice as a person but I don't like his profile as a player. No need to comment and be defensive on every little thing I write about him. Its not personal dislike. :)

Thank you. I hope I will meet him one day, you can never know. Just joking, you shouldnt take it personal either. The win against Wolves is one of the hugest wins. Maybe they are not the best team in the PL but I find them as very difficult team to play against. Huge win.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I just don't have an agenda, I judge players based on performance and if I don't rate you and you prove me wrong it's still good for us.

This post reminded me of when @Trilly was celebrating getting 25k likes, didn't he like book a holiday for it?
Very close to the big 30k actually. Might leave the forum after it.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I don't get the Xhaka hate. We need to buy 3 midfielders before we can think of selling him. He's better than any other midfielder at the club so we need at least 3 before selling him.

Would you rather 3 new midfielders or two midfielders and maybe a centerback to partner Saliba?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He was slightly less good today than he has been in the last couple of games, but he was still pretty sturdy. I still think he's limited in terms of progression but he did alright.
Yeah him and Ceballos don’t do enough to bring it forwards. Xhaka still has a place in our midfield until we’re trying to challenge for the league imo but I’m not sure him and Ceballos are good enough for the top 4.

Halcyon Daze

The xhaka under arteta can absolutely be a part of a top four team. He could even be a part of a title winning team if surrounded by the right players.
You can say that about a lot of players, if they’re “surrounded by the right players”. Can’t lie, he’s been consistent recently. But you just feel he’s gonna do something soon and everyone will be slamming him again. Hope I’m wrong. But the reality is he can ping a good long ball, but he’s slow, can’t tackle and makes bad decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom