• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Arsenal | Saturday 4th July | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 31 52.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers win

Votes: 14 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Commentators act like they’re some plucky underdogs doing it the ‘right’ way though. Pisses me right off.

I think Wolves deserve credit for being able to manage the investment properly - but yeah, I think the fact that they were suddenly able to poach Ruben Neves from Porto while playing in the Championship seems to be glossed over when it comes to their lore.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Having had some more time to reflect and rewatch the game, we still aren’t connecting particularly well from back to front. Our only real threat occurred when Wolves started chasing a goal and rushing their play.

We were more aggressive without the all and more composed with it, but struggled for large spells to get the front 3 into the game.

Just food for thought but keen to see how Arteta addresses that.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Having had some more time to reflect and rewatch the game, we still aren’t connecting particularly well from back to front. Our only real threat occurred when Wolves started chasing a goal and rushing their play.

We were more aggressive without the all and more composed with it, but struggled for large spells to get the front 3 into the game.

Just food for thought but keen to see how Arteta addresses that.

Very true, but that is exactly what Wolves wanted(prior to us scoring), and I absolutely loved the fact that we didn't commit in the first half and fall into their trap.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
i loved how we cut them open in the last few minutes ...as they chased a goal...we just smashed them wide open. Better finishing and a more fluent / settled team we would have racked up a 4/5 -0 scoreline.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Love Wolves' fans having a go at us for sitting back and counter attacking, when we were 1-0 up...when they were sitting back and counter attacking, when it was ****ing 0-0...gimps :lol:

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Love Wolves' fans having a go at us for sitting back and counter attacking, when we were 1-0 up...when they were sitting back and counter attacking, when it was ****ing 0-0...gimps :lol:

Wolves having a go at ANYONE about counter attacking football is rich. They would be nowhere near as dangerous or at the top of the table if you took away that part of their game. Mid-Table at best.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wolves tactics in a nutshell;

-Pass to Traore
-Traore dribbles
-Maybe picks out Jimenez
-Jimenez maybe scores

Favourite example of this was when Jimenez got the ball, he was about halfway in his own half...he didn't even turn and look, he just hit the ball in a general direction of where he thought Adama was...Adama was actually on the opposite flank, as the pass went straight to one of our defenders.

It's a good weapon to have, getting the ball to Adama, they definitely should use it...but they shouldn't become dependent on it, will make them worse as an allround team...they have Neves and Moutinho in their midfield and we had like 70% possession in the first half, I wouldn't be happy with that.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Not here in Bangladesh, Angel Gomez. It was 10.30 here.

Anyway, I had to go to bed early for an early morning class but somehow managed to wake up after it finished. :lol:

Just move to England then if you’re going to complain.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
teams are more than happy to sit down and let us attack them because they know we'll create little because we got no midfielders can create we barely register 10 shots a game. That's why I really want us to get 2 midfielders one that can help us dominate and balance the midfield like Partey and one that can carry ball forward and can create chances

Trofton

When teams play arsenal they’re not thinking they’ve got no midfield. They’re thinking we got no defence!!
Yesterday’s performance was a good solid disciplined one finally showing some back bone

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
teams are more than happy to sit down and let us attack them because they know we'll create little because we got no midfielders can create we barely register 10 shots a game. That's why I really want us to get 2 midfielders one that can help us dominate and balance the midfield like Partey and one that can carry ball forward and can create chances
Yeah. We need to CMs coming in for sure. Partey as facilitator with a creative central midfield player. I really hope with Douzi we can get a creative player in exchange.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Got an alert for @OnlyOne reply and your tag says Hunta.

Might have to offer my resignation if this continues, got a £50 a week offer from RAWK in my office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom