• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fifa 21

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Yeah they do.

Not that you get to use them much, you'd be lucky to get 10 free kicks in a shooting position in a whole season.

The AI saves your pens 99% of the time too.
It's a bit ridiculous the set pieces to me, I don't know whether it's a matter of how bad I am with the penalties or if it's the same for everyone, I think I've only won 1 penalty shoot-out out of around 20 in 3 seasons Being beaten by Championship sides in knockout cup games haha.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

One thing I'll give FIFA credit for in career mode is how contracts work, being able to insert clauses & bonuses in the contracts, being in a proper meeting scenario in purchases/terms for re-signings & new transfers. You can also send your assistant to do certain player contracts.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
It's a bit ridiculous the set pieces to me, I don't know whether it's a matter of how bad I am with the penalties or if it's the same for everyone, I think I've only won 1 penalty shoot-out out of around 20 in 3 seasons Being beaten by Championship sides in knockout cup games haha.

Well its the same for me, I can literally put a pen wherever I want online but against the AI its getting saved cos they know where you are going.

Ive got fifa manager 14, its very similar to what LMA was; that should basically be the base game for career mode to build off.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Update: scored a pen against the AI today in career mode.

Had one free kick in 3 games so far, haven't seen a card yet though.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ridiculously low amount of freekicks. It's currently one of the reasons why I'm turned off from these games.

Unless you play online of course.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Started a career mode with Brighton, my 3rd season team is;

Lunin

Alphonso Davies
De Ligt
Upamacano
Wan Bissaka

Sane
Szobsalai
De Jong
Kluivert

Mbappe
Joao Felix

I have come to the conclusion that career mode is far too easy, sold Hakimi for 99mil, Haaland for 140mil, Tonali for 150mil, Aarons for 50mil, Ampadu is due to go for 48mil, plenty of other sales for high fees, all you got to do is play players and win and their value sky rockets and you sell them.

It shouldnt be this easy for Brighton to acquire a squad like that, the players I've signed all signed for a lot less wages than they were on too, Mbappe and De Jong took about a 100k p/w pay cut to join, no one seems to refuse a move to the south coast either.

Ive got Vinicius Jr due to sign in Jan, then I will also sign Sancho to replace Kluivert and Havertz for Szoszbalai.

By season 4 I will likely have a squad of full 90+ rated players bar a few but are still the best or top 2 in their position.

Suppose I might as well sign Donnarumma as an upgrade too.

Games literally over, the transfer market is far too easy, I will win the league and CL this season just through simming it.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
What’s more popular seasons or ultimate team?

Ultimate Team - I imagine the player numbers are not even close. Personally, I prefer the gameplay seasons offers but its a limited and bog standard mode which hasnt really had much love from EA in years.

Manberg

Predator
Ultimate Team - I imagine the player numbers are not even close. Personally, I prefer the gameplay seasons offers but its a limited and bog standard mode which hasnt really had much love from EA in years.

I could never get into Ultimate team, always seems so unrealistic. It’s like a cash cow for EA all about buying packs. Much prefer seasons.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
:lol:
EcfRo1fXgAEOcLx

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Surprised they got rid of Martin Tyler. :eek: Not sure Lee Dixon over Alan Smith is an upgrade either.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The game feels more fun & arcadey... crazy how fast attackers are compared to defenders. Just boot a 'through ball', run & chip the helpless keeper. :lol:

Dont really get the massive push on stadium thing.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The game feels more fun & arcadey... crazy how fast attackers are compared to defenders. Just boot a 'through ball', run & chip the helpless keeper. :lol:

Dont really get the massive push on stadium thing.

Is Fifa any good this year? I actually opted for PES 21 this year for the first time since Pro evo 6, its actually alright, nothing special but only offline, online it just falls apart.

The FUT version on PES is ridiculously generous, I got CR7, Messi, Ronaldinho, Bergkamp, Sol, Matthaus, Nakata, Salah, Lewandowski, Kahn, **** load of inform players like De Jong, TAA, Dybala blah blah..

Honestly feels like I completed the mode in October, if I sold all the players I have in PES on FUT I'd have like 10mil coins or something stupid :lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Is Fifa any good this year? I actually opted for PES 21 this year for the first time since Pro evo 6, its actually alright, nothing special but only offline, online it just falls apart.
Gameplay feels more fun & attacking based to me than 20.

They kind of killed playing FUT for most of the week by capping division rivals to 30 games (including fut champs)... Monday - Thursday nothing to really do.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Gameplay feels more fun & attacking based to me than 20.

They kind of killed playing FUT for most of the week by capping division rivals to 30 games (including fut champs)... Monday - Thursday nothing to really do.

To be honest if thats all you have to say about it I'm glad I didnt get it :lol:

No major changes as per usual with Fifa, I got the new Xbox today and until Fifa make a true next gen version which has seen an overhaul or had vast improvements I wont buy another one.

Hopefully by then half of Europe has banned there microtransactions too.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
To be honest if thats all you have to say about it I'm glad I didnt get it :lol:

No major changes as per usual with Fifa, I got the new Xbox today and until Fifa make a true next gen version which has seen an overhaul or had vast improvements I wont buy another one.

Hopefully by then half of Europe has banned there microtransactions too.
Yeah hopefully at somepoint they ditch the yearly release for subscription model or something. Must be a nightmare trying to innovate or perfect while pushing out a new game so soon.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah hopefully at somepoint they ditch the yearly release for subscription model or something. Must be a nightmare trying to innovate or perfect while pushing out a new game so soon.

I doubt they see it as a nightmare, its there yearly cash cow, people including myself a few years back would drop excess £ on building them FUT teams to then do it all again when the new release comes. Point being I dont think innovating is in there interest really.

Even take this 'volta' mode, they could have gave people what they were asking for with fifa street but they brang Volta instead which is clearly so they can push further purchases of clothing etc.

The only innovation they have really focused on in the past few years is moving towards a Fortnite tier reward system and things like custom stadium crap where you can again spend money on.

Top Bottom