• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Allan Saint-Maximin

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
On one hand can understand Mikel preferring the striker to come deep and hold up the ball because it makes space for Auba to make his runs but you would think he would try Auba through the middle at least once. Someone like Vardy is very successful playing up on his own running onto things and Auba is a far better version of that.
Probably means that next season Saka will play in midfield instead of the wing.

Yeah, tbh I'd be interested to see how we'd play with four at the back, Xhaka & Torreira in a double pivot, Pepe on the right, Özil at 10, Saka on the left and Auba up front. But it's not gonna happen so I guess it's not worth losing sleep over.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Untitled.jpg

Can't imagine he'd give a glowing recommendation

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I like him but can't see it happening. Makes no sense going after him when we have Martinelli and Auba. We need a centre forward, not a winger.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If we signed Zaha last summer then where did people expect Auba to be playing?

Auba has to play centrally and we have to be all over Allan Saint Maximin. He’s 23 and destroying teams in the PL plus he’s got the sauce.

giphy.gif

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If Unai Emery was still here then I’d be confident that we would be targeting Saint Maximin as he was aware of players in the PL like Zaha and Maguire but with Arteta, I’m not so sure.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If we signed Zaha last summer then where did people expect Auba to be playing?

Auba has to play centrally and we have to be all over Allan Saint Maximin. He’s 23 and destroying teams in the PL plus he’s got the sauce.

giphy.gif
Emery wanted someone like Zaha to basically generate tap ins for Auba.

Arteta seems to want Auba and eventually Pepe to come inside from wide areas.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

:lol: why wouldn't Arteta a PL player, assistant manager and now Arsenal manager be aware of PL players?

:lol:

We’ve been linked with a lot of players from the La Liga (Roca, Pau Torres, Soler etc) no? I think we’re possibly targeting players from abroad rather than going after PL proven.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Emery wanted someone like Zaha to basically generate tap ins for Auba.

Arteta seems to want Auba and eventually Pepe to come inside from wide areas.

Auba is more deadly when he just has tap ins to finish. I’ve noticed he goes missing for large parts of the game while he’s on the left.

I noticed some teams have been doubling up on Pepe but if we sign ASM then it will be hard to double up on both dribblers.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I like him but can't see it happening. Makes no sense going after him when we have Martinelli and Auba. We need a centre forward, not a winger.

I see Martinelli and Auba as strikers tbf. Both kick and rush, neither are particularly skilful 1 on 1 dribblers or great passers but have excellent movement behind and finishing. Direct, skilful players like Saint Maximin with end product and a strong, aggressive style of play are a rare breed and create so many chances. He’s a great personality too.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Auba is more deadly when he just has tap ins to finish. I’ve noticed he goes missing for large parts of the game while he’s on the left.

I noticed some teams have been doubling up on Pepe but if we sign ASM then it will be hard to double up on both dribblers.

I dream of seeing us with dribblers on both wings. I don’t think we’ve seen a single game (or even spell) with Saka left and Pepe right since Arteta took charge. They’d cause mayhem. As would Auba through the middle.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If we are signing Auba to a fresh deal hard to believe its going to be out wide into his mid 30s.

If we had Lewandowski or Suarez occupying CF I’d get it but we’re rotating Laca and Eddie, while making the Prem’s most lethal marksman chase opposition wingbacks every time we lose the ball.

We’re doing just about enough in every game for now but I hope we put Saka on the left restore him to the middle v Leicester.

We will only get 3 or 4 good chances in our next few fixtures.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Are we not over the whole Auba playing central thing?

Auba at cf means he gets smashed around by CBS all game. Do we not count how OFTEN laca is on the floor. It also means he is back to goal. Look at how often he gets the chance to run in behind from outside to in on the left and look at how many goals he scores.

With both Saka and Tierney playing they occupy the left leaving Auba to move inside. I would keep him on the left but buy a centre forward who can occupy 2 defenders leaving more space for Auba. Someone who can also win all the aerial duels allowing Auba to run onto them. I would also buy a central midfielder who can cover the left side.

Think about a 30 year old Ronaldo in the late stages of his Madrid career. Still played on the left, but they built a team to accommodate his defensive work.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Target Saint Maximin and end up with Willian.

You already know how it’s going to end.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Are we not over the whole Auba playing central thing?

Auba at cf means he gets smashed around by CBS all game. Do we not count how OFTEN laca is on the floor. It also means he is back to goal. Look at how often he gets the chance to run in behind from outside to in on the left and look at how many goals he scores.

With both Saka and Tierney playing they occupy the left leaving Auba to move inside. I would keep him on the left but buy a centre forward who can occupy 2 defenders leaving more space for Auba. Someone who can also win all the aerial duels allowing Auba to run onto them. I would also buy a central midfielder who can cover the left side.

Think about a 30 year old Ronaldo in the late stages of his Madrid career. Still played on the left, but they built a team to accommodate his defensive work.

Auba scooped several golden boots both here and in Germany playing CF. Why have we all of a sudden decided he can’t cope?

He’s a medium to good, functional winger but an elite striker. His career, domestic, international and CL is evidence of it. Bettered Lewa’s gpg at Dortmund there. Why are we struggling with Eddie and Laca when we have a world class proven solution?

C. Ronaldo played his entire professional career on the wing (apart from Portugal) and was absolved of defensive duties in his 30s unlike Auba.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Auba scooped several golden boots both here and in Germany playing CF. Why have we all of a sudden decided he can’t cope?

He’s a medium to good, functional winger but an elite striker. His career, domestic, international and CL is evidence of it. Bettered Lewa’s gpg at Dortmund there. Why are we struggling with Eddie and Laca when we have a world class proven solution?

C. Ronaldo played his entire professional career on the wing (apart from Portugal) and was absolved of defensive duties in his 30s unlike Auba.

Henry went to Barca and played on the wing. I don't think Auba cares. He just wants to be competitive.

Buying a goal scoring wide player is harder than buying a goal scoring Cf.

Say you buy ASM.

ASM Auba Pepe

That's what 25 goals from Auba, probably 15 from pepe and maybe 10 from ASM?

50 goals and that's projecting on the wide players, especially ASM. Only Auba is the guarantee.

Say hypothetically its:

Auba-----Jovic------Pepe

That's 25 from Auba, probably 20 from Jovic if we cross the ball into the box and 15 from Pepe. That's an extra 10.

Jovic, Edouard, Depay or Osimhen are more likely to score from cf than any winger we buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom