• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
They have released a new Crash Bandicoot and it looks really awesome!
Only saw this message now (haven't been on here in a long time). Was watching the live reveal for this, haven't been this excited for a new game since the original trilogy was announced to be remastered a few years ago. Counting down the days!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
How is Last of Us Part 2? Anyone played it yet?
I've been in the doldrums game wise, and need something to play. There was something about it that didn't appeal, so I didn't play 1. I watched my dad play it though... I might have to get it. It has to be better than 1, right?

Manberg

Predator
I've been in the doldrums game wise, and need something to play. There was something about it that didn't appeal, so I didn't play 1. I watched my dad play it though... I might have to get it. It has to be better than 1, right?

Play 1. I'm hearing negative reviews about 2.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Always thought the first one was pretty average and definitely didnt live up to expectation for me, dont get me wrong it was a good game but it was no 10/10 like made out.

Definitely to linear for me, zero interest in the second one.

That Ghost of Tsushima however looks amazing!

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

FM 2020 with Rosenborg. Just hired Dennis Bergkamp as a coach together with Carlos Valderama :lol:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There’s nothing wrong with The Last of Us Part 2, some people were just didn’t like the story so it got review bombed.

If you like linear story games or the first one it’s definitely a must buy.

blaze_of_glory

Playing so much Ghost of Tsushima right now. First time I've been able to really get into a game since Red Dead 2.

This game makes you feel like a samurai and/or ninja better than anything ever has. And it looks incredible, like you are in an old samurai movie. Can't recommend enough if you have a PS4.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Playing so much Ghost of Tsushima right now. First time I've been able to really get into a game since Red Dead 2.

This game makes you feel like a samurai and/or ninja better than anything ever has. And it looks incredible, like you are in an old samurai movie. Can't recommend enough if you have a PS4.

I was playing it in one of my monitors, but decided to wait for my wife to move from the living to her office (we're turning the guest room into it, since she'll be working from home for a while) so I can use our big tv, game deserves it.

Are you playing in the English dub? I usually play JP games in their original dub, but even though Tsushima is western in its making, I just feel that the original english dub doesn't fit the theme as well as the JP one, despite the lipsynching for it being well off.

El Duderino

Also, if you're into platformers and metroidvanias Hollow Knight has been by far the best game I've played this year.

Tight combat and amazing art design (handrawn). The exploration is kind of meh, but this is a game with an amazing level of polish, specially when you take into account that it was a 3 person dev team.

El Duderino

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaastly, if you have an Xbox One or is part of the PC Master Race, the Xbox Game Pass beta is an absolute steal.

It's like 2.99 for the first three months? Can't remember.

It gives you access to a **** ton of free full triple A games. All the Halos, Gears, Forza 4 and some other stuff like Final Fantasy XV complete edition, the afformentioned Hollow Knight and more.

Been REALLY good to try out games and if I really like them I get them on Steam when they go on sale (if they're cheap like Hollow Knight and other indie darlings).

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Also, if you're into platformers and metroidvanias Hollow Knight has been by far the best game I've played this year.

Tight combat and amazing art design (handrawn). The exploration is kind of meh, but this is a game with an amazing level of polish, specially when you take into account that it was a 3 person dev team.
I liked it, but there are so many annoying little things about it.
Wish it was more relaxing, like Breath of the Wild for example.

El Duderino

I liked it, but there are so many annoying little things about it.
Wish it was more relaxing, like Breath of the Wild for example.

I can see that.

I think it comes a bit from the art more than anything, since it's all "cute".

The sound design is also stellar and once you get into the lore it fit well for me, since I play Souls games, so the dificulty spikes turned into more of a challange than anything else.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I can see that.

I think it comes a bit from the art more than anything, since it's all "cute".

The sound design is also stellar and once you get into the lore it fit well for me, since I play Souls games, so the dificulty spikes turned into more of a challange than anything else.
I am a big fan of Dark souls games as well, but they are really not that hard, you just need to learn some attack patterns (the most dangerous ones usually), and that's it basically. In Hollow Knight fights are 10x faster and you have to dodge all the **** like crazy, I am too old for this **** man.

Last edited:

El Duderino

I am a big fan of Dark souls games as well, but they are really not that hard, you just need to learn some attack patterns (the most dangerous one usually), and that's it basically. In Hollow Knight fights are 10x faster and you have to dodge all the **** like crazy, I am too old for this **** man.

Hahahaha, that's platformers for you!

It's the reason why I've yet to beat Enter the Gungeon. It's an amazing game, great gameplay loop, but I'm too much of a boomer for bullethell style games.

blaze_of_glory

I was playing it in one of my monitors, but decided to wait for my wife to move from the living to her office (we're turning the guest room into it, since she'll be working from home for a while) so I can use our big tv, game deserves it.

Are you playing in the English dub? I usually play JP games in their original dub, but even though Tsushima is western in its making, I just feel that the original english dub doesn't fit the theme as well as the JP one, despite the lipsynching for it being well off.
Im playing in English. I agree the Japanese dub fits better (and I think the Japanese voice actor for the main character is better than the English guy), but the Japanese dub doesn't provide subtitles for NPCs talking to each other in the background, which I didn't like.

Also I was having trouble reading subtitles while trying to navigate around and take in the environment. The game looks so amazing and I wanted to be able to have as few distractions from the scenery as possible.

I might do a second play through at some point in Japanese and in Kurosawa mode.

blaze_of_glory

I am a big fan of Dark souls games as well, but they are really not that hard, you just need to learn some attack patterns (the most dangerous ones usually), and that's it basically. In Hollow Knight fights are 10x faster and you have to dodge all the **** like crazy, I am too old for this **** man.
Yeah I got Hollow Knight but its too frustrating for me for just that reason. I;m also a big Souls fan but found HK much more difficult.

El Duderino

Yeah I got Hollow Knight but its too frustrating for me for just that reason. I;m also a big Souls fan but found HK much more difficult.

Yeah Hollow Knight is much more about spacing and precise execution, it's more of a Sekiro and less of a Bloodborne, where the name of the game becomes dodge left and into your enemy.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah Hollow Knight is much more about spacing and precise execution, it's more of a Sekiro and less of a Bloodborne, where the name of the game becomes dodge left and into your enemy.
Sekiro is the one Souls(ish) game I wasn't able to beat :lol:. Gave up at Genichiro, I'm just not good or patient enough for that.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom