• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Leicester City | Tuesday 7th July | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 44 65.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Leicester win

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
EcWxWzqXgAA-ksB

Aevi

Hale End FC
Had another look at the Vardy kick to Mustafi's head and I actually think that could have been a red. He looks back before doing it and keeps his leg up, it's pretty reckless-looking. And since we've established that intent doesn't matter in a dangerous play...

Either way, I'm tired of the opposition getting passes on tough challenges. Bennett had two yellow-worthy challenges too, and got none. The evidence of bias against us is building up.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We seem to get bent over most weeks by refs. Can’t explain it, I’m not really one to play the victim card.

Riou

We seem to get bent over most weeks by refs. Can’t explain it, I’m not really one to play the victim card.

It's because Arsène and his fancy band of mainly foreigner based teams dared to challenge Ferguson and his good old fashioned British boys back in the day.

It all comes from that period imo...we were a better team than them and the FA hated that, we have been paying for it since.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It's because Arsène and his fancy band of mainly foreigner based teams dared to challenge Ferguson and his good old fashioned British boys back in the day.

It all comes from that period imo...we were a better team than them and the FA hated that, we have been paying for it since.
It’s funny though, when Wenger said the officials are against his team, Arsenal Mania murdered him.

This place is pretty disgusting when I think about it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’m not sure though, I don’t believe there is some campaign against us, especially now, in the past yes.

Something is off though, I just can’t put my finger on it.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think we are judged more harshly than other teams. Whether that comes from the old "Arsenal don't like it up them" or whatever it is. I certainly don't see this kind of bias when Huddersfield play. Granted you can always be on the end of a bad decision, but there is a pattern to how we've been treated by refs over the years.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I’m not sure though, I don’t believe there is some campaign against us, especially now, in the past yes.

Something is off though, I just can’t put my finger on it.
I agree. I'm not sure there's a vendetta against our club but there's at least something psychological at play that's causing this.

Riou

4193104_goldentrophy_jpega9489097f61ebe63012b066d8a0eed0c

...United don't have this, Liverpool don't have this, Arsenal do have this...FA are livid about that imo.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Need a well designed study looking at the statistics to see whether we are treated differently.

It's hard to understand why a kick to the head didn't even get a review by VAR though

teamsoutheast

Had another look at the Vardy kick to Mustafi's head and I actually think that could have been a red. He looks back before doing it and keeps his leg up, it's pretty reckless-looking. And since we've established that intent doesn't matter in a dangerous play...

Either way, I'm tired of the opposition getting passes on tough challenges. Bennett had two yellow-worthy challenges too, and got none. The evidence of bias against us is building up.

Can that Vardy incident still get reviewed reviewed though?

Tomb Bombadil

The red card was technically the correct decision. I’m not as annoyed by that though as us sitting back in the 2nd half waiting for a counter. This is Leicester City not Barcelona.

We were overrun in midfield once again
I see it the same. But a red from the second yellow would have been enough, not a clear fault.

Arteta was too conservative. With Pepe you have a at least something going forward. I mean this gives you space and frees some pressure from the back.

But I think another good performance especially defensivly from the whole team. Not many good chances for Leicester.

Martinez with another good game. Did he make a mistake?

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
I see it the same. But a red from the second yellow would have been enough, not a clear fault.

Arteta was too conservative. With Pepe you have a at least something going forward. I mean this gives you space and frees some pressure from the back.

But I think another good performance especially defensivly from the whole team. Not many good chances for Leicester.

Martinez with another good game. Did he make a mistake?
Pepe wasn’t in the squad.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If we'd buried our chances in the first half I'm not sure we'd be complaining about the VAR-dy incident.

That said, there's something suspicious about it though. Why do big calls not go our way?

Forget about Emery. We dropped a ton of points this season due to referee ineptitude.

Surely someone needs to address it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom