• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Leicester City | Tuesday 7th July | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 44 65.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Leicester win

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
And also Saka in his correct position on the left where he can combine with Tierney and delivers his nice crosses for Auba'.
Unfortunately it seems a bit too logical, not progressive enough :lol:

We’d carry a much greater threat if we used 2 natural wingers either side of Auba. Ideally Pepe on the right when he’s available and Saka on the left. I don’t think he’s even tried that for a spell in a game yet.

He should’ve left Saka on v Leicester (assuming he didn’t have an injury) and moved him left so we had at least 2 out balls. We can’t control games with a midfield 2 that includes Xhaka who has the mobility of a tree stump.

Put AMN on for Laca and stick him on the right. He’s comfortable there and also good defensively.

Last edited:

TornadoTed

Established Member
I thought we played really well in the 1st half, best I've seen us play for a long time. A little bit more precision with our finishing and we would have been out of sight.

2nd half we looked leggy and we struggled to keep the ball and kill time after the sending off but in the main I saw more positives than negatives in the game and am pretty happy.

Top Quality

Very disappointed this morning. But I think it's largely because this was such a winnable game - one more chance taken, some decisions going our way and we're having a totally different result. So maybe the disappointment is a good sign.

Gunners1616

Apparently the monitor has been used only twice this season. For the sending offs of Aubameyang and Nketiah. Out of all the fixtures in the league this season.

I can easily recall many tackles on Pépé that would have easily led to red cards if there was 20 replays by VAR + a monitor with a zoom on the challenge to put the ref' on the spot. Same with Vardy high-kick, if they watched it 20 times and then put it on the monitor for the ref with a nice angle its 100% a red card. Also given that Mustafi had a bloody face to show for it.

Really easy to manipulate games with the VAR. It should be reserved for "clear and obvious errors". If they had to review Eddie tackle for 5 minutes and they were still not sure so they ask the ref' to check again on the monitor, that means that his decision of giving yellow after seeing it live was not a "clear and obvious error".

Anyway we all knew it would be red just like we all knew Vardy wouldn't get anything and the goal wouldn't be disallowed for Perez potentially touching the ball. Same with those bad tackled on Pépé, you just know if its a close call then it's against Arsenal.

It's time to put the FA and Referees on the spot just like Mourinho use to do. Arteta need to talk more about it, also the players. So the media will pick it up and the more it happen the more the refs will have some pressure.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we can appeal our red card & the Vardy incident in the 1st half no doubt I'd appeal Vardys, I don't think he even got a yellow for that, I've seen it numerous times, there is clearly a bit of intention & foul play there, he looks around to Mustafi then studs up to his head right after. I'm 50/50 on Nketiahs, don't want to sound too biast but I doubt Nketiah had any clear malice or intention to do that but it was studs up. They looked at it for 5 minutes on the camera & couldn't make a decision but he got a yellow originally then a straight red after 1 quick view by the referee.

We should have killed the game off in the 1st half though, so many clear chances we just could not bury & we should have no doubt. Vardy's goal aswell I thought it was a tad offside, Perez certainly got a touch which should have changed the decision. The refereeing & VAR is just ridiculous sometimes. Back onto the game, we had Pepe to bring on, he could have brought Pepe on for a bit of counter attacking to help with Auba. Instead of Willock I would have put Saka back to the left with Auba centrally Pepe on the right for at least 15-20 minutes.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I mean he has clearly swung his leg around here.

That looks on purpose to me for sure. He voluntarily raises and stretches the leg. It doesn’t whip up like that by force of the movement of the fall.

Worth an appeal in my view. It will help create some pressure so we are treated more equally.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Even if it was accidental, so was Nketiah’s challenge. Why don’t the same standards apply in the Vardy kick? Accidental but very dangerous. I don’t quite get it. Arteta was angry.
Thats what I thought in a way aswell, I thought studs up was always red intentional or not, Vardy did studs up to his face so no doubt could have at least been looked at by VAR & should have been red, it was Vardy though & they absolutely love him the idiot. It was early on too so they don't give many reds early on.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I mean he has clearly swung his leg around here.

He probably meant to kick his leg out but didn't expect to hit Mustafi in the face, which is why he was so quick to apologise and see if Mustafi was ok.

It's frustrating, but Nketiah's was a red in a way which everyone can see is clearly a red, whereas Vardy's is just ambiguous enough to cast doubt.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
He probably meant to kick his leg out but didn't expect to hit Mustafi in the face, which is why he was so quick to apologise and see if Mustafi was ok.

It's frustrating, but Nketiah's was a red in a way which everyone can see is clearly a red, whereas Vardy's is just ambiguous enough to cast doubt.

Nketiah’s challenge was also reckless at best and clearly unintentional. Meanwhile, by your own observation Vardy clearly tried to hurt another player.

Do you see how ****ed up this? A rookie mistake being worse than an intentional attack by a veteran player?

Vardy intending to hit another body part somehow making his challenge not bad is ****ed up thinking as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom