• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Players do/say all kind of things during the heat of those situations, not sure why he has to apologise for that, especially when you consider what happened to Leno. I imagine therefore the thinking behind his actions were that he was standing up for him and us as a team. Something people often say our players lack.

Jamming somebody in the throat after the game has ended is not in the heat of the moment - it's premeditated. You've been given enough examples of evidence to him not acting professionally and denying the multitude of reasons why he's being disciplined right now.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Jamming somebody in the throat after the game has ended is not in the heat of the moment - it's premeditated. You've been given enough examples of evidence to him not acting professionally and denying the multitude of reasons why he's being disciplined right now.

I am not denying anything, I'm just trying to see this from Guendo's perspective.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah, that's what I am asking.

Probably the fact that he kept telling the Brighton players he earned more in week than they'd would ever earn in their carreers.

It was something along those lines, you add that to his antics in training, etc., and you've got a player who needs to step down from his high horse (or pony, if you're @OnlyOne )

Tom349

It was his refusal to apologise for his behaviour at Brighton as well as him messing around during the video analysis sessions. Seems like Arteta won't tolerate that lack of professionalism and rightfully so.

I think too much is being made of him not apologising. I don't think Arteta is petty and is demanding Guendouzi to apologise to him but rather he has clearly been told to pull his head in my Arteta and Edu and own his mistakes and rather than taking that on board and putting his head down and rectifying it. He has bitten back at Arteta and Edu and seems to have dug himself a massive hole in the process.

Essentially he has taken the high road when he needs to humble himself.

Regarding any interest from Barcelona I wonder if a Coutinho swap would be on the cards. Personally against it but it makes sense given the Kia link and our supposed interest in Coutinho. Which for all the talk of our wage issues we cut a lot of salary already since the beginning of last season with Ramsey, Cech, Welbeck, Monreal, Koscienly and Mhkyitarian leaving and renewing Luiz on more friendly deal. Also have Kolasanic, Sokratis, Mustafi, Özil and Lacazette all possibly leaving at the end of the season. Only really leaves Auba, Pepe and Partey should he come on big money (150k plus) with a lot of kids earning around 30k or less.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Probably the fact that he kept telling the Brighton players he earned more in week than they'd would ever earn in their carreers.

It was something along those lines, you add that to his antics in training, etc., and you've got a player who needs to step down from his high horse (or pony, if you're @OnlyOne )

Is that really enough? If the tw*t from Brighton didn't say it on live TV, it would never have come out. Imagine how much gets said between players during games that never comes out.

I think it's fine to punish him, but I can see why he doesn't want to apologise.

Re. the other stuff it seems a bit unclear what has happened, so I will leave it at that.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What's Guendouzi being asked to apologize for...his grabbing of Maupay, or his behavior behind the scenes?
I imagine one thing has spilled into another. Thinking if it was my kids I'd be like all you had to do is say sorry for punching your sister but you havent. And now I'm thinking about this and this and this as well. And actually you've a lot to be sorry for, you havent helped yourself as now this other stuff looks equally as bad. And then I'd take his I pad off him for a while until he apologises for the lot. and does some tasks around the house.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Its obviously not just what we've seen. Arteta works with Guendouzi on an almost daily basis. His judgement of his attitude involves all these training sessions as well as match day.

I think fans have a habit of judging things off what they see, even though its only the tip of the iceberg. Arteta is an extremely logical individual who demands respect, I back him. Sometimes you just gotta trust the gaffer.

LG10

Its obviously not just what we've seen. Arteta works with Guendouzi on an almost daily basis. His judgement of his attitude involves all these training sessions as well as match day.

I think fans have a habit of judging things off what they see, even though its only the tip of the iceberg. Arteta is an extremely logical individual who demands respect, I back him. Sometimes you just gotta trust the gaffer.
Don’t know how people are coming to conclusions on who is in the wrong here when we have no idea what’s been going on behind closed doors.

If we get good money or a good swap just sell, he could become great but right now is a liability that is awful off the ball.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Grown ass men understand when you make a mistake owning up to it and apologising is the respectful thing. Actions and mistakes happen, but when you decide to be stubborn and refuse to admit wrong, that’s a huge red flag. A boys mentality.

I don’t know what’s going on in the world, but I’m seeing this everywhere especially with people raising their kids to have the mentality that apologising is “admitting defeat” and makes you weak. People are strange.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I don’t know what’s going on in the world, but I’m seeing this everywhere especially with people raising their kids to have the mentality that apologising is “admitting defeat” and makes you weak. People are strange.

Posturing is being increasingly favored over substance in many different walks of life. That's probably just another manifestation of that.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The article said he had an altercation with Sokratis in training during the Dubai trip too

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Damn all that and he barely 21 Need to sort himself out before it's too late.

The article said he had an altercation with Sokratis in training during the Dubai trip too

Wow. There seems to be something deeply troubling him man. Nobody behaves like this on constant basis when life hand you so many good things like football career, salaries that make you save for rest of your life, etc...

Attitude problems like that must come from something deeper than just pure will to win football games. Hope he gets the help he needs!

Reactions: A_G

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Haha man can you imagine how much Sokratis hates Guendouzi. I mean I imagine he hates most modern footballers, or at least looks at them with mild contempt and confusion for their profligate and lascivious ways, but he'd definitely hate a little sh*t like Guendouzi.

Kingofthebongo

I swear I guessed it was with Sokratis.

Opposites in mentality and demeanor. I was trying to think about who is the polar opposite of Guendouzi that could not tolerate being around a loud-mouthed cocky youth with no respect for authority.
Definitely Sokratis, the professional, mature no nonsense guy.

I am willing to bet Tierney can't stand him already, Saka and Martinelli think he's hella annoying.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom