• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,490

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’d put a player like Allan Saint-Maximin in that category. Giving me Mané vibes and he’d come here.

Hat trick of assists yesterday and routinely unplayable. Better technically than Adama and just as quick.

We should make moves before the Saudi’s move in and leave Willian well alone.
He would cost like 50 minimum I think.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
maybe an year ago. He will be another Mkhi now.

He's playing to well in my opinion. Mkhi could never reach his Dortmund level in The Premier League, whilst The Premier League has marked the best period of Willian's career. He's going to have a good season next year wherever he is.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Please no. He is good and still can get you 10 goals 10 assists a season but he not really young to give him big contract we not in position to do that.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's not that he's a bad player, he's a very good player on his day (although he hasn't shown it consistently at Chelsea). It's the perception that it would bring, the idea that you go to Arsenal for an easy payday after you've done your proper work at Chelsea.

You can argue Luiz was out of desperation because of how Kos left. But it's not like Willian's the only guy you can get. You've a whole scouting network, go find a young guy who could be an Arsenal player, instead of just an ex-Chelsea player retiring at Arsenal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Willian certainly a good player, but getting Benrahma instead screams Chelsea evolving whilst we don't
I think it's big jump for benrahma going to Chelsea he'll be likely on bench backup for Ziyech and Pulisic. We should try for Benrahma but at the moment we have to strength getting 2 midfielders and good CB before thinking about about our forward

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Like if we're obliged to sign a Kia client then get Coutinho. I'd happily take him, not a nearly 32 year old Chelsea player.

Hopefully he'll either sign a new deal or go to sp*rs.

Goonger

It's not that he's a bad player, he's a very good player on his day (although he hasn't shown it consistently at Chelsea). It's the perception that it would bring, the idea that you go to Arsenal for an easy payday after you've done your proper work at Chelsea.

You can argue Luiz was out of desperation because of how Kos left. But it's not like Willian's the only guy you can get. You've a whole scouting network, go find a young guy who could be an Arsenal player, instead of just an ex-Chelsea player retiring at Arsenal.

Perception can't be that bad. I've seen a few Liverpool fans saying they would take him as a rotation option in their front 3 instead of Shaqiri & Origi.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The usual suspects on this forum will suck this up though.

While Chelsea don’t give him 3 years and sign young players, we’ll sign this mercenary oldie to give him his retirement money.

GDeep™

League is very weak
When Chelsea spank us next season him and Luiz will hug their mates and have a giggle.

Like Cech, who passed to Cesc at the Bridge to get chipped.

This is not the Arsenal I grew up on.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Willian certainly a good player, but getting Benrahma instead screams Chelsea evolving whilst we don't

This is what I worry the most. Our rivals moving on while we take their players whore well past their best. We have to be clever. Is Willian at his age really gonna transform our attack enough to justify signing him over a younger player?

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Don't mind him. He's going to play backup to Pepe. Don't think we'll get a better player as backup. We need all our cash for CM.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Perception can't be that bad. I've seen a few Liverpool fans saying they would take him as a rotation option in their front 3 instead of Shaqiri & Origi.

But we're not Liverpool, we're sh*t. We need to be more ambitious than signing Chelsea players at the end of their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom