• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal | Sunday July 12 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,087
  • Views 108,975

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The worst thing about this is we’ve just kickstarted Mourinho at Sp**s. They’ll build on this and that’s just criminal.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We're not getting Europe next season. Liverpool is a L or draw at best. Villa away will be very tough as they fighting relegation. We're not beating City at Wembley either.

Shalmaneser V

Just trolling mate, thought we played well until the last 20 honestly. :lol:

Was I watching a different match to everyone else?

We just lost to a Tottenham side at their worst moment in years.

And all the usual deficiencies were on display again. Poor tactical set up from the coach. Players looked nervy. Players didn’t look motivated enough. Constant misplaced passing. Players constantly making the wrong decisions. Defence making stupid mistakes. Lack of creativity in the final third. Constant stream of unnecessary backwards passing. Attackers too static and failing to take key chances in the crutch moments. **** substitutions. Undone at set-pieces again. And again we looked like the team who ran out of energy first despite having 90% possession and 3 days more rest ffs.

It was a disgrace.

Oh and we only had most of the ball because Tottenham let us have it and we once again fell into Mourinho’s trap.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

And all the usual deficiencies were on display again. Poor tactical set up from the coach. Players looked nervy. Players didn’t look motivated enough. Constant misplaced passing. Players constantly making the wrong decisions. Defence making stupid mistakes. Lack of creativity in the final third. Constant stream of unnecessary backwards passing. Attackers too static and failing to take key chances in the crutch moments. **** substitutions. Undone at set-pieces again. And again we looked like the team who ran out of energy first despite having 90% possession and 3 days more rest ffs.

It was a disgrace.

Oh and we only had most of the ball because Tottenham let us have it and we once again fell into Mourinho’s trap.

Spot on. Some people on here want to push positivity down your throat and can see what's blatantly obvious.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It was a disgrace.

Our players are ****, look at the pre match predictions, we all knew Son and Kane would destroy us. What’s true is that we maintained attacks for the first time in about 2 years today, can’t do much else when your players aren’t good enough to defend or finish chances.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Do you even get 30-40m for being in it? I doubt it. To to all the way and win the thing you make about 15m. Obviously you have other sources of income like match day etc but maybe you can earn more by offloading players on 100k a week who are squad players and are needed because you have europe.

We would need to improve ten fold to win the Europa League. We have proven in the past when we play a half decent team in it we are beat.
Nowhere bloody near that!
Prize Money in Pounds sterling, roughly.

Topping the group = £850k
Each win in the group = £500k
Last 16 = £1m
Quarters = £1.3m
Semis = £2m
Getting to final = £3.8
Winning = £7.3

I make that less than £20m, if you win all the group games and then win the thing.

As for matchday...well, don't think there'll be much flooding in next season either.

Also, take into consideration travelling expenses, playing on a Thursday, the time to travel to the back-end of beyond, injuries likely sustained playing against some clogger team who wants to beat the famous Arsenal at any costs, etc., etc

Europa League is not worth the fucvking effort for a team like The Arsenal.

Bin it and concentrate on getting a game plan. No, a couple of game plans.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I really thought Europa was on the cards but Sheffield Utd, Wolves and sp*rs all winning really has killed that off.

People say it's a positive, but it isn't. Europa League money is useful. Very disappointing, especially dropping so many points from winning positions, 8 points since the restart dropped from winning positions.
The money is very useful but this team lacks the fibre for a chase and constantly playing catch up to get up the table has taken its toll. No EL and (hopefully) top 4 or at least closer. We can still qualify via the FA Cup but thats kind of unlikely too.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What’s the point of talking about EL? We aren’t in it now.

Thoughts on not being in the EL mate? I'm pretty worried, we need the money from what I've read over the last few days and I can't see us buying a CB this window.

That being said giving Mikel a clean slate and only focusing on PL fixtures may benefit us.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Nowhere bloody near that!
Prize Money in Pounds sterling, roughly.

Topping the group = £850k
Each win in the group = £500k
Last 16 = £1m
Quarters = £1.3m
Semis = £2m
Getting to final = £3.8
Winning = £7.3

I make that less than £20m, if you win all the group games and then win the thing.

As for matchday...well, don't think there'll be much flooding in next season either.

Also, take into consideration travelling expenses, playing on a Thursday, the time to travel to the back-end of beyond, injuries likely sustained playing against some clogger team who wants to beat the famous Arsenal at any costs, etc., etc

Europa League is not worth the fucvking effort for a team like The Arsenal.

Bin it and concentrate on getting a game plan. No, a couple of game plans.

That's what I was thinking. People see the sum and think we will get x amount of money.

However by not playing in it you can have a smaller squad therefore reducing wages.

We could comfortably get rid of Mustafi/Sokratis/Holding. That alone would be maybe 200k in wages saved every week. That's nearly 1m a month saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom