• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
When do you think will he have a team that can beat a top 6 side, or have the players that he wants? End of next season? End of 2021-22?
That's up for our club we have to be smart in transfers buy smart and not buy luxury players to only make fans happy.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Hope he gets some backing in the summer. We need another CB to partner Saliba, a CM and a ACM. I’ve been encouraged by how we’ve improved with the ball but we’re still lacking creativity and some forward progression in midfield.

nickguest

Hopefully he'll have learned that three clowns at the back isn't any safer than two.

Having Tierney defend Alderweireld is a strange decision as well.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
That's up for our club we have to be smart in transfers buy smart and not buy luxury players to only make fans happy.
I’m asking for a more specific answer. Club can’t make only perfect signings, sometimes things go wrong but top managers don’t completely fold after that. All the managers in the world deal with bad signings but the top class ones still show that they can make something of it. I’m asking for a specific timeline for Arteta because you can’t hover around the 8th-10th position for two years and expect to get support.

Can we expect to see Artetaball next season or is that too soon?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Tbf I’ve been consistent (sometimes the only one) who wants to see more.

I’ll admit that Emery burnt me, I need to see it really working before I back a manager again.
I have my conditions too tbf, I just don't expect to see any substantial change until next season. At the very least, there's at least been some semblance of a plan, and there's been more Hale End presence in the team. If they can build on that, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Tbf I’ve been consistent (sometimes the only one) who wants to see more.

I think everyone wants to see more.

I think we need to realize that just like with young player Arteta is taking his first steps as a manager, so there is also a learning curve for him. And he got the gig at the probably worst possible time he could ever get it, so it has been an uphill battle for him ever since he joined us.

The questions we need to answer right now is that doe we see anything in him to keep being our manager. In my honest opinion, it's yes. There is a lot to work within Arteta and I think he will only get better with more transfer windows and pre-seasons!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

:lol: Saw this heel turn coming a mile away

It's always reactionary after a loss, especially a NLD loss.

I said it before but I feel when we won under Emery people could see a lot of the time we were lucking out but to me under Arteta he's built a solid base it just needs work and a few more players and the wins feel proper if that makes sense?

This loss though is up there with the Olympiacos one, really disappointed but think under the circumstances Arteta has done well to even get us to enjoy some football again.

My worry is this summer though, really not sure if we'll get the rebuild we want. The Luiz/Cedric/Mari signings are telling me more and more that they were signed because of a lack of money. Hope I am wrong.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

when we were dominating and failed to get a second the writing was on the wall.

We really need a plan B. The 3 at the back can give you a platform to build attacks and circulate the ball. when the tide turns it becomes a weakness down the sides as one man is effectively marking a full back and a winger. He is even more snookered if a midfielder drifts into that zone.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's made the defence into at least the sum of its parts with this new system

He reacted to the woeful first two games post-restart and knew how to fix things.

No manager can fix individual errors under no pressure like Kolasinac made.

He's not perfect but I CBA criticising Arteta, he's bottom of the list and doinn a good job

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's all for naught when you give new contracts to the likes of Luiz and you're thinking about extending Mustafi too.
True. So I don’t see any huge influx of cash for new players. There’s just going to be a few based on what we can get rid of, and then we will have to trust a few of the young guns to step up. Clearly not all our so called “experienced” players can cut it.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I fear Arteta is starting to have a collection of favorites or teacher's pets if you will.

You need a steady core of players you can trust and you shouldn't chop and change the team every week. But at the same time its becoming crystal clear that Arteta will pick certain players come hell or high water while others won't get a look in unless there is an injury.

This lot must be the smoothest bunch of operators that London Colney has ever seen or the greatest suck ups. The fact that some of these guys have been able to keep a shirt despite screwing up every week is mind-boggling.

Arteta needs to stop picking guys who can talk a good game on the training pitch or in the locker room and start picking players based on merit.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Luiz and Mari secured for next season, both ****. Is this what Arteta joined Arsenal for?

Is Mari **** though?
I fear Arteta is starting to have a collection of favorites or teacher's pets if you will.

You need a steady core of players you can trust and you shouldn't chop and change the team every week. But at the same time its becoming crystal clear that Arteta will pick certain players come hell or high water while others won't get a look in unless there is an injury.

This lot must be the smoothest bunch of operators that London Colney has ever seen or the greatest suck ups. The fact that some of these guys have been able to keep a shirt despite screwing up every week is mind-boggling.

Arteta needs to stop picking guys who can talk a good game on the training pitch or in the locker room and start picking players based on merit.

Who are you referring to?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom