• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I fear Arteta is starting to have a collection of favorites or teacher's pets if you will.

You need a steady core of players you can trust and you shouldn't chop and change the team every week. But at the same time its becoming crystal clear that Arteta will pick certain players come hell or high water while others won't get a look in unless there is an injury.

This lot must be the smoothest bunch of operators that London Colney has ever seen or the greatest suck ups. The fact that some of these guys have been able to keep a shirt despite screwing up every week is mind-boggling.

Arteta needs to stop picking guys who can talk a good game on the training pitch or in the locker room and start picking players based on merit.
To me he looks too green to manage a team at this level and he's quite naive.

gamechannel

I see some good things and I see some truly awful stuff from him.

Tactically, don't know why he shuts shop in the second half. Time and time again, dude is afraid to attack in the second half.

The 3 at the back would work if you have good defenders. But Kola, Luiz and Mustafi ain't gonna cut it. I get it why he doesn't want to use Holding or Sok as he wants his defenders to play forward balls to compensate for the lack of creativity in the middle of the park but that comes at a defensive cost.

I also get annoyed by hos double standards. He refuses to play Özil cuz of alleged lack of work ethic, yet Pepe is played even tbough he looks half asleep for most of the game. He continues to reward mustafi and luiz for their defensive mistakes yet Özil is the one that gets the step child treatment. How has holding sok done any worse than luiz and mustafi?

I like Arteta for his positive but god dammit, his negatives are too obvious to ignore.

Gunner-Union

We need another cb to partner saliba
Need two cm partey and an am like grealish and partner them with cabellos(if loaned) or Xhaka though open for Xhaka to go. Need a more target man like striker with pace like Dembélé or oshimen. I’d rather amn go all out for rb

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Is Mari **** though?

Who are you referring to?

Let's see. Luiz, Mustafi and Xhaka are the main culprits. Even if Arteta believes that they're the best we got, there are times when you need to put your foot down as a coach and show that frequent mistakes will not be tolerated and drop people.

People talk about Wenger's laidback club atmosphere, but what does it say and what sort of message does it send to the entire squad, when Luiz can make mistake after mistake costing us games and keep his shirt?

I see a few fans trying to paint Arteta as this sharp disciplinarian, but I have yet to see it.

Manberg

Predator
I’m a firm believer in Arteta but tactically he came up short. For the simple reason that every Sp**s player apart from their front line was sitting deep and just letting us have the ball. Arteta’s tactics is reliant on teams midfield coming out and pressing in order to play around or over them. Sp**s just defended to sit deep while cutting out passing lanes in order to counter. It’s Jose and we needed a plan B. Probably not enough time in training to work fully on tactics though.

Shalmaneser V

Arteta against the big 6:

A Sp**s L
H Leicester D
A Man City L
A Chelsea D
H Man Utd W
H Chelsea L

Solskjaer against the big 6:

A Sp**s D
H Man City W
A Chelsea W
A Liverpool L
A Arsenal L
A Man City W
H Sp**s W
H Liverpool D
H Leicester W

Doesn’t look good.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Arteta against the big 6:

A Sp**s L
H Leicester D
A Man City L
A Chelsea D
H Man Utd W
H Chelsea L

Solskjaer against the big 6:

A Sp**s D
H Man City W
A Chelsea W
A Liverpool L
A Arsenal L
A Man City W
H Sp**s W
H Liverpool D
H Leicester W

Doesn’t look good.
Tbf -
Leicester - Red card
City - Red card
Chelsea (H) - Leno error
Chelsea (A) - Red card
I'd say this game is the worst one for him. Maybe Leicester too if he had pushed on for the 2nd goal before Eddie got sent off

GDeep™

League is very weak
He literally said he wanted to keep them. He's happy with them, so yes.

Can't complain when they let him down next season.
But why is he saying that? The financial situation looks dire, club keep leaking there is no money.

No manager takes Luiz or Mari from Brazil if they don’t have to.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
I’m a firm believer in Arteta but tactically he came up short. For the simple reason that every Sp**s player apart from their front line was sitting deep and just letting us have the ball.
But we all knew that was what Mourinho was going to do. That's what he always does.
My wife decided not to watch the game, and do the cooking instead.
I called her in after the first goal. You have to see this goal, I said. Just enjoy the moment.
She came in, sat down, and we enjoyed the moment.
It lasted about 1 minute.
Then Son got his goal.
She stood up, walked out, and said "we're eating at half time, this has 2-1 Tottenham last minute written all over it"
We had a great meal, then 10 minutes before the end she went out to put the plates in the dishwasher, and make a pot of herbal tea.
She knew, I knew, we all knew.

Well, nearly everyone knew...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The transfer window will say a lot. If Mustafi, Sokratis, Holding or Kolasinac are here he’s a yes man.

Need to see some leadership.

Gunners1616

It's really hard to trust a coach who counts on David Luiz (miraculous extension) and Mustafi (extension to come ?) to get us back in the top 4 when those guys are part of the reason we are so far from top 4.

Mustafi has been better than before (not hard to do) but our standards are way too low. He was implicated in goals of Maupay, Vardy and today he looked horrible in the 2nd half. Just way too average and targeted for most of our oponents.

David luiz no comment. I just don't get this hype around his passing ability. He plays because apparently he passes like Pirlo (but he can't defend to save his life) and Kola' plays because he is left-footed. If you don't have the players for your system don't force it. I would prefer to see Holding and AMN getting game time rather than these lots.

To end the season i hope he uses more Holding, AMN and Torreira as DM to help the defense. At least they can do the basics and are less error-prone.

And in the summer we absolutely have to ship out David Luiz and Kolasinac at all cost. Liabilities on huge salaries. Kolasinac had interests from Italy in the past (Napoli, Roma, Inter) but he is on 100K per week with 2 years left. F*ck me, wonder who gave him such a deal. That's just crazy for a guy who can't do the basics like passing the ball.

And Luiz does't matter where and how, just need to go. We should have NEVER extended him. Should have just given Holding a chance.

Mustafi not sure if anybody would be interested and he also on 90K per week but maybe a german club might be interested by miracle...

That's a lot to ask in one window but no choice if we are ambitious.

Top Bottom