• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Apparently he wants to give Mustafi a new contract. I think Arteta has that arrogant belief that he can “fix” some players and while we can all agree that he has clearly improved the “look” of some players. Ultimately no system in the world can remove your flaws. They can limit them or hide them but a flawed defence is a flawed defence and when the pressure is up it’s no surprise those players collapse. Think about every big game we’ve had away from home in the last couple of years and you can remember several instances where a player bottled it. There’s a reason why PL clubs don’t buy conference league players, because their base level isn’t good enough.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
The transfer window will say a lot. If Mustafi, Sokratis, Holding or Kolasinac are here he’s a yes man.

Need to see some leadership.
It's going to take 2 or 3 transfer windows to sort out the mess we're in at the moment to be fair. Plus who will take our rejects? And for what price? And how much will Kroenke invest?
And which World Class players who could make the difference would want to come to us, with the current situation?
There's no quick fix.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If the club say “because of Covid and no Europe, money is tight”. What can he do?

Hes not in a position yet to give ultimatums.

He’s already been speaking out about them needing to do more to convince Aubameyang, similarly with Ceballos and Real Madrid. You act like he keeps his mouth shut and toes the party line.

Ashybashy86

But why is he saying that? The financial situation looks dire, club keep leaking there is no money.

No manager takes Luiz or Mari from Brazil if they don’t have to.
I won't pretend to know why, or what he's thinking. Can only go by what he says and does.

Joestlaachmkr

Honestly, i still can`t believe we went for Emery as replacement for Wenger back in 2018. Emery was a failure, and i am certainly not convinced by Arteta either.

Frustrating that we didn`t get a top class manager Brendan Rodgers, Tuchel, Allegri, Jardim or Simeone to succeed AW in 2018.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If the club say “because of Covid and no Europe, money is tight”. What can he do?

He is though, if he threatens to walk they’ll **** themselves. Edu and Raul will have to go to their bosses and explain why another coach has gone.

Those lot listed above and more need to be shipped, if they’re not we’re in huge trouble.

gamechannel

If money is tight, why the fuvk would the club renew Luiz, Mari and Soares? And theres chatter that Mustafi will get a new deal as well. Wouldn't it be better to just let them walk and cut our losses instead of committing more money to these players? The no money reason is no ****ing excuse if what we are seeing on the contract front is the complete opposite.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's going to take 2 or 3 transfer windows to sort out the mess we're in at the moment to be fair. Plus who will take our rejects? And for what price? And how much will Kroenke invest?
And which World Class players who could make the difference would want to come to us, with the current situation?
There's no quick fix.
Sokratis and Mustafi can be given away, Holding we’ll get a fee for, Kolasinac can be loaned.

We got rid of £55k Carl Jenkinson ffs.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
If money is tight, why the fuvk would the club renew Luiz, Mari and Soares? And theres chatter that Mustafi will get a new deal as well. Wouldn't it be better to just let them walk and cut our losses instead of committing more money to these players? The no money reason is no ****ing excuse if what we are seeing on the contract front is the complete opposite.

Yeah exactly, just makes no sense wasting money like that.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
True. Having players like that will only end up costing you an arm, a leg and vital organs when you see your team sliding down the table into double digits. Such myopic short-term planning.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Probably cheaper than getting rid and buying someone else right? Luiz is taking a decrease in wages, Mari is like 8M and Cedric free.

EinmalImmerEwig

Sokratis and Mustafi can be given away, Holding we’ll get a fee for, Kolasinac can be loaned.

We got rid of £55k Carl Jenkinson ffs.
But then where's the money to buy replacements?
Kroenke won't invest.
We need to make big bucks to afford decent defenders.
There's Özil as well. Auba's new contract. Probably no European money.
I won't go on.
I want to punch myself in the nuts to stop myself thinking about the task that lies ahead for our football club.
Oh, I forgot... it's not even ours anymore.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Why is it that nearly every Arsenal fan can see Kolasinac isn’t good enough, gets targeted by the opposition and gives the ball away even under no pressure yet the coach keeps playing him?

Poor from Arteta.

Because the only other CB we;ve got is Holding who can't run into wide areas and has no left foot. And Sokratis who can run but can't even pass on his right foot. If Mari was fit, Kola would be on the bench where he belongs.

gamechannel

Probably cheaper than getting rid and buying someone else right? Luiz is taking a decrease in wages, Mari is like 8M and Cedric free.
But thats just it though. If the plan is to accept mediocrity by extending these players, the club can do so at a lower cost by just playing the likes of holding, chambers, incoming saliba, academy medley etc. They can't be much worse than these clowns! Save money, and just ride with the existing bunch of mediocre players and let the other mediocre ones walk.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
:lol: Saw this heel turn coming a mile away

Literally had the game in our hands and lost yet again due to bad defending nad Auba fluffing chances, we actually had shots on target as well.

It's like people have blocked how bad it was under Emery for a long time. Said before, the fact that we were able to entertain a small chance of breaking into the top 5 is down to him.

He's not perfect, subs are something he needs to be more proactive about, but he's done enough to get a full season and backing.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Because the only other CB we;ve got is Holding who can't run into wide areas and has no left foot. And Sokratis who can run but can't even pass on his right foot. If Mari was fit, Kola would be on the bench where he belongs.
Mari can't run out wide anyway. Slow as ****. Doesn't look good enough.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

But thats just it though. If the plan is to accept mediocrity by extending these players, the club can do so at a lower cost by just playing the likes of holding, chambers, incoming saliba, academy medley etc. They can't be much worse than these clowns! Save money, and just ride with the existing bunch of mediocre players and let the other mediocre ones walk.

I get where you're coming from tbf, you can't go into the season with those 4 as starting CB's. I don't know what the plan is with the defence and it's a huge worry.

EinmalImmerEwig

People are overreacting. Against Wolves we defended better and didn’t make mistakes, today we did. Wolves are a better side than Sp**s.
Wolves didn't attack either. They never do.
0-0 at halftime, late goals to win it.
Nuno is a tactical genius.
It's like GG and 1-0 to The Arsenal.

We were taken to the cleaners by the worst Tottenham team for a long time.
And they didn't even have to try.
We bent over and let them shaft us.

Top Bottom