• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal | Sunday July 12 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,087
  • Views 108,908

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
The 'MARKET POOL' is the bribe that English teams get for having to play in this ****ty Europa League, and the teams here in Switzerland don't get that.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Nah i'm pretty sure we got at least 30m for getting to the final. We went to the semi-final and the final despite not being a good team. If we were in it again next year there's no reason why we couldn't go far in it.

We got to the semi final. That was the first moment we played a decent team and we got beat. We got to the final. The only decent team we had to beat before was Napoli. We played Chelsea in the final and got embarrassed.

This season we got put out by Olympiakos.

Why you think all of a sudden next year we would be contenders to win it has no grounds.

We have shown in the last 3 seasons under 3 different managers that we are not at the level to win in Europe.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We got to the semi final. That was the first moment we played a decent team and we got beat. We got to the final. The only decent team we had to beat before was Napoli. We played Chelsea in the final and got embarrassed.

This season we got put out by Olympiakos.

Why you think all of a sudden next year we would be contenders to win it has no grounds.

We have shown in the last 3 seasons under 3 different managers that we are not at the level to win in Europe.

We came up against a Champions League quality team in Atletico and nearly beat them, again a stupid defensive ****-up cost us. We'd have beat Marseille in the final. Then we came up against Chelsea and had a nightmare, it was terrible, but it happens.

Listen i'm the first to admit we're not a Champions League team. We've no business being in the CL, nowhere near deserve it. But to say we're not even a Europa League team is just ridiculous.

I see an upward trajectory, although of course the summer transfer business needs to be very good to help Arteta. But absolutely we could do well in the EL next year. If we don't qualify that's a big problem.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The only positive of not qualifying is that maybe it's such a wake up call for the executives to see Arsenal finish 9th or whatever, and we have an inexperienced coach, that they decide the only solution is to invest heavily to help him.

But that's me from a fan's perspective. I don't know if executives think the same way.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We came up against a Champions League quality team in Atletico and nearly beat them, again a stupid defensive ****-up cost us. We'd have beat Marseille in the final. Then we came up against Chelsea and had a nightmare, it was terrible, but it happens.

Listen i'm the first to admit we're not a Champions League team. We've no business being in the CL, nowhere near deserve it. But to say we're not even a Europa League team is just ridiculous.

I see an upward trajectory, although of course the summer transfer business needs to be very good to help Arteta. But absolutely we could do well in the EL next year. If we don't qualify that's a big problem.

We are 9th in the premier league our bread and butter. We have no right in being in any European competition. We cant even beat Brighton. And you think we can compete against teams that drop out of CL?

You say we are on an upward trajectory. Where do you get this from? What gives you that idea?

Bloodbather

Established Member

It’s like a duct tape fix to having **** defenders. The defenders will let you down less but ultimately they’ll still let you down.

It definitely is that. Over the years I've followed the exact same line of thinking in Championship Manager/Football Manager games to decent temporary success until having the resources to invest in better defenders. You're just going for quantity over quality because you don't have the latter. It's the same reason why lower league teams are all about trying to keep as many men forward as possible and as many men back as possible and really nothing else.

Jae

So much doom and gloom in here.

Sp**s are awful and are arguably in a worse position than us, regardless of today's result. At least we are heading in the right direction with the right manager.

I personally couldn't give a flying **** about getting into the EL. We get buttons for winning it anyway and it's a drain on our team. Didn't do Chelsea any harm spending a season out of it.

Hopefully Kroenke sees were in dire straits and puts his hand in his pocke, OR he decides he's bored of us and sells us on (can't see either happening :lol:).

Goonger

Europa League is a tough 1. We obviously need all the revenue we can get. Remember Arteta talking about summer recruitment a few weeks back. He basically says it depends on how we finish the season...meaning no Europe will be a big dent.

I also quite liked the Europa League to blood our young guys. Would quite like to see a team with Martinelli, Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Nketiah, Willock etc and give them some more valuable game time a year further along in their development.

However, I get that it can sometimes be to the detriment of league results. Hopefully it keeps us a bit fresher and allows us to get more training in and keep a more stable team going forward.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Even though we've improved lately this is a very tough result. Especially since we have Liverpool next, a game we could easily lose again. And then there's City in the FA Cup. The atmosphere could become very toxic again very soon.

On the other hand, not playing in Europa will do wonders for us next year in terms of focus and fewer games according to some experts on here. Look at today, Sp**s had 2 days less to rest for the derby and it really benefited us.

Oh wait.

Joestlaachmkr

Sp**s are awful and are arguably in a worse position than us, regardless of today's result. At least we are heading in the right direction with the right manager.

I personally couldn't give a flying **** about getting into the EL. We get buttons for winning it anyway and it's a drain on our team. Didn't do Chelsea any harm spending a season out of it.

Hopefully Kroenke sees were in dire straits and puts his hand in his pocke, OR he decides he's bored of us and sells us on (can't see either happening :lol:).
LOL..

Joestlaachmkr

I have been patient with Arteta but he is just a poor copy of Pep, he doesn`t have his own philosophy.

Auba shows yet again that he is not a big game player.

We are going nowhere.

Jae

Observations from today:

• Cebellos had a great game, moves the ball so much quicker than Xhaka, who I feel slows our play down to much (he had an alright game though).
  • Arteta was right to take Pepe off, he was dangerously close to a second yellow, one more foul and he was a goner.
  • Pepe should do better, but in all fairness he gets zero service from Bellerin down that right side, tons of occasions in that game where he could have slid the ball down the line to him.
  • Mustafi is not and will never be good enough for us. You can't polish a turd. Same applies to a few players in our team.
  • Think Arteta got it wrong the second half, both Sp**s fullbacks were on yellow cards, should have got the ball to our wingers and got them running at them. Sp**s would have been down to 10 men easily.

junglist57

Established Member

how the **** are we moving in the right direction by potentially finishing just above mid table? We have Leicester, Sheffield Utd, Wolves and the **** above us with 3 games left to play, one of which we are bound to lose.

You sound a bit delusional pal....

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Missing out on Europa will give us the nice prize of playing in the carabao cup with all the others who failed to qualify.

Reactions: A_G

picsou

Partey next to Ceballos in a pivot with a really good no. 10 in front of them would actually be pretty good y'know. It's just a shame that we haven't bought Partey yet, Ceballos isn't actually our player, and we probably can't afford a really good no. 10 without European football. But apart from those small obstacles it's a great plan.
agreed.. look how Bruno fernandes changed Man Utd...

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
how the **** are we moving in the right direction by potentially finishing just above mid table? We have Leicester, Sheffield Utd, Wolves and the **** above us with 3 games left to play, one of which we are bound to lose.

You sound a bit delusional pal....

We've still got a hell of a long way before wee challenging but it's not all doom and gloom

LB-FOOTBALL-JAN1-ST.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom