• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Konstantinos Mavropanos (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Disagree rulling out his potential, it's what has been our mistake before with Gnabry, Bennacer and Da silva.

For every Gnabry there are 6 or 7 that we should have gotten a lot more for. The 10 or so million that we got for Bennacer seemed great money after getting Torreria for around 25m. For every Iwobi, nope there is only Iwobi. Probably the only time that we got the premium for a player on the fringes of the starting line up.

truth_hurts

Mavrapanos and Bielik paying for Saliba will do me just fine. Saliba is younger than both and seems much better.

I like Nelson and Guendouzi but if they aren't showing something in the next 2 seasons, I'd be open to selling.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Depends what those 5 clubs are. The 5 bottom teams in Germany arent paying 20m for him.

Yep. Let's not get overboard. Mavropanos has been doing well and settled into a midtable 2. Bundesliga team. Right now I'd say his level will be solid top flight CB, but not at a top team, although going by his profile he is pretty complete for a CB.

I guess most interested German clubs will be lower half of the 1. Bundesliga and upper half of the 2. Bundesliga. Guess his price range is around 5m, +/- another 5. Pretty certain that if he moves the initial fee will not be higher than 10m. No one - at least in Germany - will pay substantially more than 5m for a guy with one solid season for Nuremburg in the 2. Bundesliga.

Might fetch a bit more from Championship oder Premier League clubs, though.

I'd probably sell him with a buyback clause. Let him get game time and develop for the next 2+ years at a fixed destination instead of loaning him out time and again, and see what happens.

Tom349

As Toby said no German club is going to be offering a decent offer to make it justifiable to sell him given his scope for improvement. Ideally you loan him again to one of those German clubs interested in buying him and seeing if he improves enough to be good enough for Arsenal or at least to the point where another team may invest upwards of 20m compared to the 5-10m this summer.

truth_hurts

I'd get rid with a buy back or sell on clause. 5m up front, with 5m in installments is good business for a guy who probably hadn't even made 10 appearances for us despite being 25.

Toby

I'd rather sell low for about 3 to 5m now and then get a cheap buyback clause for that in the area of say 12 to 15m. It's enough upside for a lot of clubs to consider signing him with such a clause, but still a steal if he turns out Arsenal material.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'd rather sell low for about 3 to 5m now and then get a cheap buyback clause for that in the area of say 12 to 15m. It's enough upside for a lot of clubs to consider signing him with such a clause, but still a steal if he turns out Arsenal material.
I doubt a team would take such a low buy out clause surely. I agree that it would be a good idea but I think it would have to be north of 20m.

Toby

I doubt a team would take such a low buy out clause surely. I agree that it would be a good idea but I think it would have to be north of 20m.

Really depends. The strongest talk is coming from Germany, so my focus is on that, and as I said it's either bottom half 1. BL or upper half 2. BL teams. An upside of around 10m is very good business for them, for the 2. BL teams even outstanding.

Selling him for say 3m now and being able to get him back for just 15m, 12m is a big plus for such clubs.

Of course selling him in e.g. England might fetch a higher fee now, but I guess a buyback clause would be harder to negotiate or higher. And I sincerely doubt that even English clubs are willing to pay anything in the region of 10m for a guy with his potential but very few credentials. The guy played a good season for Nuremberg who are a midtable 2. BL team. So it's not like Mavropanos would generate a decent fee now and add to Arsenal's transfer kitty in a substantial way, anyway.

Rather sell low and buyback low by offering a still very nice upisde, than selling for 6 or 7 instead of 3 or 4 million but then having to pay higher later.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Really depends. The strongest talk is coming from Germany, so my focus is on that, and as I said it's either bottom half 1. BL or upper half 2. BL teams. An upside of around 10m is very good business for them, for the 2. BL teams even outstanding.

Selling him for say 3m now and being able to get him back for just 15m, 12m is a big plus for such clubs.

Of course selling him in e.g. England might fetch a higher fee now, but I guess a buyback clause would be harder to negotiate or higher. And I sincerely doubt that even English clubs are willing to pay anything in the region of 10m for a guy with his potential but very few credentials. The guy played a good season for Nuremberg who are a midtable 2. BL team. So it's not like Mavropanos would generate a decent fee now and add to Arsenal's transfer kitty in a substantial way, anyway.

Rather sell low and buyback low by offering a still very nice upisde, than selling for 6 or 7 instead of 3 or 4 million but then having to pay higher later.
Yeh i'm in that boat too, would rather sell a little lower but for a nice buyback clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom