• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is our worst defender of the Emirates era?

Who is our Worst Defender of the Emirates Era?

• Mustafi

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Kolasinac

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Silvestre

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Santos

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Squillaci

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • Senderos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Djourou

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
In the wake of the cluster feck of a performance from our backline in the NLD, I thought I'll create a thread like this.

We've had some bad defenders over the years like:

Squillaci

Senderous

Silvester

And more recently

Mustafi

Kolasinac

Who takes the crown?

Edit: Apologies if similar thread has been created before

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

In the wake of the cluster feck of a performance from our backline in the NLD, I thought I'll create a thread like this.

We've had some bad defenders over the years like:

Squillaci

Senderous

Silvester

And more recently

Mustafi

Kolasinac

Who takes the crown?

Edit: Apologies if similar thread has been created before
This should be a poll mate.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Think I'll go with Mustafi. He's as bad as the squillaci, silvestre and Senderous,but was more expensive.

Pound for pound our worst ever CB, maybe

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I didn't watch Arsenal/Football religiously before 14/15 so I'm not sure of Squillaci/Santos although I gather they were nightmares.

I've voted Kola because of how stupid he is and I genuinely think there isn't anybody in the league worse at playing out from the back.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Y'all are forgetting just how bad Silvestre was.

Every other player in this list had good games for Arsenal, I fail to remember a single good game from Mikael in an Arsenal shirt.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Sometimes, I keep wondering if Silvestre was a double agent for Man utd.

Probably worse than Mustafi, but Mustafi's transfer fee clinches it for him

African Flair

For me Squillaci/Silvestre has to top this list but Mustafi is close.

One big thing is that Mustafi was expensive and closing in to 100 games played for us, the other two just 20 odd ones.

Can't be arsed to classify Andre Santos and Kola as defenders.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We have had worse defenders, but this man is the most infuriating player I will probably ever watch for my club...

mustafi_funny.jpg

...so many reasons why really...

His constant deferral of blame to others even when he ****s up constantly, don't think I have seen any other player do this as much as him...the fact he was bought when we were still a decent draw as a team, for a **** ton of money (I don't really like bringing up prices for players, but for him I will make an exception) His face and mannerisms annoy me to no end, I mean just look at the photo...he sums up everything wrong with the club, just a gimp that think's he is better than he is...but even when he is having a good game, DO NOT trust him, he will screw you over.

Though I hated watching Cygan play... maybe because he looked like a Bond villain.

This is why I didn't mind Cygan actually, as a back up every now and then, at least he looked somewhat tough :lol:

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Untitled.jpg

I think I've hated Kolasinac since this moment. He could've just cleared that for a corner, or taken the ball to the left flank himself but instead he tried to shepherd it back to Leno from that distance. Allowed Lingard to slip in and score straight after a goal at the other end.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Top Bottom