• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | Wednesday July 15 | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Liverpool win

Votes: 35 56.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
:lol: Good call, had sat down after celebrating Adebayor's equaliser just in time to see Kolo give away that pen.

Ade celebrating on his own, instead of running to Theo immediately...ffs.

I’d started typing out a text to all my Liverpool supporting mates and deleted it before I’d even finished :lol:

Kolo lightly brushes Babel, pen...Kuyt grabs Hleb's arm, play on :mad:

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ade celebrating on his own, instead of running to Theo immediately...ffs.

Kolo lightly brushes Babel, pen...Kuyt grabs Hleb's arm, play on :mad:

Even though it lasted for 30 seconds that Theo run was arguably my peak as an Arsenal fan.

Never felt so exhilarated by a moment, thought it was our year :lol:

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
These last couple of pages... sheesh. Talk about needing a trigger warning.

I've mentioned this multiple times, but that '08 CL tie takes the cake for me. I had legitimate hopes for that CL campaign (although in hindsight we were probably nowhere near United and Chelsea in a knockout tie), whereas I never truly believed we would win the title in '11.

That Theo run I'll never forget, it was like it happened in slow motion. Was shell shocked at how we just threw it all away minutes later, yet that's become the theme for us for the past decade plus.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I've mentioned this multiple times, but that '08 CL tie takes the cake for me. I had legitimate hopes for that CL campaign (although in hindsight we were probably nowhere near United and definitely not near Barca), whereas I never truly believed we would win the title in '11.

That Theo run I'll never forget, it was like it was in slow motion. Was shell shocked at how we just threw it all away minutes later, yet that's become the theme for us for the past decade plus.

We’d have faced Chelsea in the semi finals then Utd in the final I think.

Considering we won 1 game out of 5 against them that year we probably wouldn’t have ended up with the trophy but that quarter final was too cruel.

Two years after Paris as well.

Riou

Was that when Eboue was racially abused by the whole of the Emirates?

Dark time in our history.

Was that not 2009 against Wigan...when he had a disaster of a sub appearance, and had to be subbed off...poor bloke left the pitch in tears.

Last few posts should be deleted really, could unhinge a few on here...

tumblr_owl41cgcQ21vbcnq8o1_400.gifv

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
We’d have faced Chelsea in the semi finals then Utd in the final I think.

Considering we won 1 game out of 5 against them that year we probably wouldn’t have ended up with the trophy but that quarter final was too cruel.

Two years after Paris as well.
Yep, just edited as you replied. I'd confused that season for the year after where we were thoroughly defeated by United in the SF, who in turn were thoroughly defeated by Barca in the final.

Think that Pool tie was the last time I had blind optimism for the club. Following that loss, I began to temper my faith in the team, becoming more pessimistic in the process, to prepare myself for any disappointment that could, and would, usually follow.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So same line up? Same formation? Probably will drop Pepe for Saka. Same result? Hmm their front 3 against our back 3. This could be fun.

Probably.

And yet I see Saka and Pepe causing major problems for Robertson and TAA if they both start on each flank.

Arteta needs to weave AMN, Willock and to a lesser extent Nelson more and not just in cameo roles in random utility positions.

Just wish he’d try

————-Saka—Auba—-Pepe——-

——Ceballos—Xhaka—-Willock—-

Tierney—Luiz——Mustafi—-Cedric

——————Martinez——————-

We’re continually running out of steam in 2nd halves because we have no legs and can’t get up the pitch.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Even though it lasted for 30 seconds that Theo run was arguably my peak as an Arsenal fan.
Even though it only lasted for 12 seconds, that Theo run was undoubtedly his peak as an Arsenal player.

To think he eventually wore the No. 14 shirt. He was dogshit

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Probably.

And yet I see Saka and Pepe causing major problems for Robertson and TAA if they both start on each flank.

Arteta needs to weave AMN, Willock and to a lesser extent Nelson more and not just in cameo roles in random utility positions.

Just wish he’d try

————-Saka—Auba—-Pepe——-

——Ceballos—Xhaka—-Willock—-

Tierney—Luiz——Mustafi—-Cedric

——————Martinez——————-

We’re continually running out of steam in 2nd halves because we have no legs and can’t get up the pitch.
AMN has to be at RB there otherwise that's what I want to see too. Cedric and Bellerin don't have the pace/agility to be dangerous.

I am so done with all these wankers.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's just boring. New manager, same style of play, same mistakes.

-Mustafi always plays
-Bellerin always plays
-No Torreira
- No AMN
- Laca and Auba always play together
- like for like substitutions
- 3-4-3
- Undeserving faith in Kola

What is the point? May aswell give Liverpool the points. I know exactly how this game will go.

Same midfield means we will start the game well, till we get obliterated on the counter or make a stupid mistake. Liverpool will take their foot off the gas out of pity. Sick of this nonsense.

Riou

...our last win at their ground from 2012...shame Arteta-Diaby-Cazorla didn't get more time in midfield together, bit of everything in there, miss that we used to have these quality midfields...Gerrard was chasing shadows!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
AMN has to be at RB there otherwise that's what I want to see too. Cedric and Bellerin don't have the pace/agility to be dangerous.

I am so done with all these wankers.

You’re right AMN deserves to play. It frustrates me that whenever young players like him move up a level as he did at Wolves they’re ignored for 3 more games and then blamed for being unable to save us in an emergency.

I like Hector as a person but I’m not sure what he can do that AMN can’t. We’ll regret losing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom