• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

senna

Dont know about post covid world, but £25m for AMN seems a bit low given he is English, under contract for 3 more years, has player european football & by all accounts can play a few positions.

Players like Solanke got sold £20m with no appearances, Liverpool sold their third choice keeper Ward for £12m. Players like Mcburnie & Webster with no previous PL experience are going around £25m. AMN could be the best RB at the club, imo he is better than Iwobi who went for £35m, the only issue is he seems a bit of a tw*t & wants to play mid. At worst you loan him so he plays a season in the PL as a starter and move him on then for more money.

We have missed out on so much revenue by sellign poorly until recently.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Dont know about post covid world, but £25m for AMN seems a bit low given he is English, under contract for 3 more years, has player european football & by all accounts can play a few positions.

Players like Solanke got sold £20m with no appearances, Liverpool sold their third choice keeper Ward for £12m. Players like Mcburnie & Webster with no previous PL experience are going around £25m. AMN could be the best RB at the club, imo he is better than Iwobi who went for £35m, the only issue is he seems a bit of a tw*t & wants to play mid. At worst you loan him so he plays a season in the PL as a starter and move him on then for more money.

We have missed out on so much revenue by sellign poorly until recently.

Unfortunately arsenal players have a reputation of having a poor attitude and hence won't fulfill their potential. Eventough Amn is more talented then most, clubs assume as he's at arsenal he won't live up to his potential.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The game is the game. Speaking personally for myself, it's almost grotesque in a way. But the love of the game breeds the kind of cognitive dissonance you see here. It's one of the reasons I love the idea of a Hale End XI one day, a fanciful pie-in-the-sky pipe dream that'll never ever happen - but something very organic about it all.

I even think it's an okay dream to have right now :)
Not in the sense of having a full blown youth side, of course, but we are already seeing like 5 kids succeed here and there's only to come a lot more now, especially if Arteta is not backed by Kroenke.

Imagine not having that crop of talented youngsters now and the ones coming up soon after. We'd be absolutely ****ed to no end.

I know it's hard to bring that argument up when we are all screaming for some big signings, but ESR and John-Jules will hit the first team soon and I ain't seeing anyone talented enough to keep them away from a spot in the long run.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So latest stance by Arteta is that AMN has a future at the club, that he has qualities to be anything he wants, just needs to show consistency. Also that he hasn't played him as much as he would have liked but has asked him to play in different positions.

How does he get consistency if he is not trusted?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So latest stance by Arteta is that AMN has a future at the club, that he has qualities to be anything he wants, just needs to show consistency. Also that he hasn't played him as much as he would have liked but has asked him to play in different positions.

How does he get consistency if he is not trusted?

Tbh there's 3 months left of the window, Arteta isn't going to come out and say no sorry he's up for sale. Same with Laca i'd assume. If a 40m offer comes in you can't really turn that down for a 29 year old with 2 years left on his deal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes Artera won't mind AMN staying very useful player but if AMN want to leave we won't stand his way

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Am I right in thinking that the extend of the summer break is still to be decided ?

In normal circumstances with a real pre-season I'd have the expectation that it would massively affect our future performances and how the squad will evolve.

My personal oppinion remains that AMN might still have his moment where he explodes. He's just too damn talented not to.

Malky

Established Member
Tbh there's 3 months left of the window, Arteta isn't going to come out and say no sorry he's up for sale. Same with Laca i'd assume. If a 40m offer comes in you can't really turn that down for a 29 year old with 2 years left on his deal.
Basically this, people take comments at face value. Arteta won't say they've no future and up for sale because that lowers the price and puts any club that's interested in control. Why is that so hard for people to understand? I'm pretty certain if we get good offers for AMN and Laca both will be sold.

I want to keep Ainsley more than Laca, let's hope Arteta gives this guy some more chances. Even though it isn't in his preferred position, he is putting in quality performances and is showing commitment. Selling hector makes the most sense. We keep AMN and Cedric, rotate Osei-tutu as our third string.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He's so good. Would be our most composed player.

Honestly I like him that much I’d do a similar deal like we did with Saliba. Swap him with AMN and loan him. Wouldn’t leave us with much at CB but he’s worth it.

Also reckon between him and Saliba one would be able to play on the left side.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Honestly I like him that much I’d do a similar deal like we did with Saliba. Swap him with AMN and loan him. Wouldn’t leave us with much at CB but he’s worth it.

Also reckon between him and Saliba one would be able to play on the left side.

I'd day keep AMN and just buy Ben White as our big signing alongside Partey.

Would be fine with just the two - might leave problems still, but at least we'd go for topclass additions.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Hopefully. Most of AM will say it’s a bad move because they love AMN but having Ben White & Saliba is easily 10 years of top CB’s.

True, but there should also be money with other deals that would allow us to stretch to Partey+Ben White in cash.

Think AMN is talented enough to be 10 years at the top as well - just depends on whether Arteta can make him play like versus City on a constant basis.

AMN-Saliba-Ben White-Tierney could even be the best backline in the league in 2-3 years. Talent-wise, this is hard to beat.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
AMN: I want to leave Arsenal and be a midfielder.

Ben White swap! Yaaaaaas Queeen.
AMN:
tdu3c6s.png

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
He should leave for a German club imo. Easier to move to a big club from there if he has a successful season or two.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom