• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | Wednesday July 15 | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Liverpool win

Votes: 35 56.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Wow we actually won! Imagine if Nketiah hadnt gotten the red vs Foxes and we’d actually finished our chances vs Spuds. World would look differently now.

I also just saw that TAA challenge. Its ****ing infuriating. Why arent the club going after these corrupt ****s!? We could have lost our most promising player for a year. Its time to grab the FA by the throat. Why are we always treated differently? Why can opposing players kick the **** out of us without so much as a second look from refs or any type of criticism from pundits??
I reckon someone should start a dossier and a petition and send it to the FA. That "tackle" was far, far worse than Nketiah's.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I reckon someone should start a dossier and a petition and send it to the FA. That "tackle" was far, far worse than Nketiah's.

Yeah I mean I dont know if clubs generally do something like that but we definitely should. A simple side-by-side with some of the big decisions made against us and not given against opposing teams would suffice. Send it to the media as well. At the very least it would bring some attention to this.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What do you have against Mustafi this much, he had decent performance under Arteta with few away clean sheets. The way you are mentioning his name, sikur i teket budalles n;kos.

Hee bre lopa qe ishe .
Nothing against him personally bro. He panics when the pressure's on. In a fast and hard league that's not a good trait. He's let all 4 managers down and needs to be sold asap.

I know you like to defend our players from your part of the world. But where players come from doesn't interest me. It's how they perform on the pitch.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Did anyone else quickly get tired of Tyler sucking Liverpool off?

I had to mute the commentary
I never listen to comms anymore. I have music playing.
There is nothing a commentator can tell me about what's happening on the pitch that I haven't seen, as I'm watching the bloody game.
It's a simple game, I certainly don't need "experts" telling me what he should have done or what he did do, when they replay a scene.
I would advise everyone else to do this as well.
It is a much, much better experience all round.

Credit goes to my wife, because pre-comms ban I would spend the whole match screaming at the commentators for their worthless input.

Mute it and put some decent sounds on. It takes some getting used to, but once you get used to it it's a game-changer, literally!

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Mourinho:

"Many people believe that the team with more possession is the team that is more dominant,"But that depends on the way you look at it."

"A team without the ball can still have control of the game. For some coaches, that style [possession] I think is more a matter of public relations and image."

Mourinho approves of this game.

https://en.as.com/en/2019/11/07/football/1573139677_631048.html

Yep. This can be true to an extent, look at Wycombe Wanderers this season as an example. I think they were 23rd out of 24 in possession stats this season but got promoted.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I never listen to comms anymore. I have music playing.
There is nothing a commentator can tell me about what's happening on the pitch that I haven't seen, as I'm watching the bloody game.
It's a simple game, I certainly don't need "experts" telling me what he should have done or what he did do, when they replay a scene.
I would advise everyone else to do this as well.
It is a much, much better experience all round.

Credit goes to my wife, because pre-comms ban I would spend the whole match screaming at the commentators for their worthless input.

Mute it and put some decent sounds on. It takes some getting used to, but once you get used to it it's a game-changer, literally!
What do you have on mate Wagner or Coldplay?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is was the best Man United teams used to do to the invincibles. They would sit back, let us have the ball and just counter. Fergie dis it for years against us.

It kind of brings us back down to earth on this forum. As much as all of us are probably upset that we played this way. Barely created anything. Couldn't get out of our half. That is where we are with these players and Arteta made that point very clear.

I like how he stopped Liverpool progressing the ball up the centre of the pitch. I wonder why no managers actually use this tactic more often. Stick a man on the holding midfielder. Lacazette marked Fabinho when they had the ball and willock did the same when he came on. That meant liverpool had to build down the sides.

They literally could build nothing down the right. Saka matched TAA up so easily and Tierney had Salah in his pocket. They had so much more joy down the left with Mane. Not So much Robinson. I thought defensively, Pepe and Nelson were very good, but they simply can't receive the ball properly on those flanks. Pepe showed how he can retain the ball on the right with his nutmeg on Robinson. He is just so much more comfortable there.

The right back is a problem. I said before that you need to buy players who have the right profile to deal with the league's best wingers. Soares vs Mane was ridiculous. He was too high up and had no pace to recover. It is actually worrying how bad he is 1v1. Hopefully he is just a back up.

AMN displayed why he will be missed when he leaves. The ball around the side of him put Mane in on goal, but the recovery pace was blistering, he caught Mane up and shouldered him just as he took his shot, and other defender and that's a goal, but yeah let's sell him and play Cedric. My word.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
AMN displayed why he will be missed when he leaves. The ball around the side of him put Mane in on goal, but the recovery pace was blistering, he caught Mane up and shouldered him just as he took his shot, and other defender and that's a goal, but yeah let's sell him and play Cedric. My word.
I think AMN could be a fantastic right back in a back 4.
Tierney, Holding A.N. Other and AMN, Xhaka and A.N. Other as a double six, and then Saka, A.N. Other, Auba and Martinelli up front.

And the others had better be World Class. We have the money, spend it, you wiggy ****!

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
As positive as I was when we lost to United 1-3 but registered over 30 shots, as negative I am of this performance. We defended with concentration and resilience. Keep in mind: had they not gifted us those two goals we would have created **** all and be chasing shadows all game long. We were dominates at our own pitch, which shows the gulf of class between the two sides, with Liverpool being on holiday. If we play this game 10 times, we'd lose 8.

That being said, we've done quite well recently, we also deserved more against Sp**s. All that this means is that we need investment in our squad.

And is it too soon to argue that Pepe is a complete flop? Had he played at United I'd be laughing at them for paying 72m.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Such a shame that train seems to have left the station. Would love for us to keep AMN.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Still can't believe we fluked this match. One any other day, they could have scored 4-5 goals :lol:
how many times have we been on the receiving end. after a while it's not fluke.

Good defending as noted above can mean being in control. Naturally you will have chances against you but it's about the type of chances.

Not a coincidence in my mind that weve scored more goals recently by turnover high up and defended better.

And in other games I.e. Norwich really turned the screw. We should have been 4 or 5 up against Leicester also.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How tall is Van Dijk? We should just look for a CB his height. I know he ****ed up but he wins everything in the air, then on the ground he’s rapid for his height.

Immense player.

Saliba is only an inch shorter actually. :drool:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
how many times have we been on the receiving end. after a while it's not fluke.

Good defending as noted above can mean being in control. Naturally you will have chances against you but it's about the type of chances.

Not a coincidence in my mind that weve scored more goals recently by turnover high up and defended better.

And in other games I.e. Norwich really turned the screw. We should have been 4 or 5 up against Leicester also.
well said. I think Auba has been on holiday for the past few games.

That is why the Tottenham game really hit me hard. I thought we were the better team until they scored. Liverpool game I think we were outclassed completely but still won due to sheer hard work (and dumb luck).

TheKippaxYears

Sheikh City
It's not easy to be invincibles. Watford stopped them from being that. It's not easy to get 100 points. You stopped them from doing that. Congrats to both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom