• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Semi-Final: Arsenal vs Manchester City | Saturday July 18 | KO: 19:45 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
If we finish 7th and Chelsea win the FA cup and finish in the top 4 will we get Europa League?

Edit: forget that Wolves will beat Palace tomorrow so 7th place is basically impossible for us.

It seems all our eggs are in the FA cup final. Mirrors last season were Chelsea had already got top 4 going into the EL final and no pressure.

Looks like same thing going to happen here.
Here’s to hoping Wembley =/= Baku

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Couldn't care less about the money and guaranteed EL football, nice bonuses but it's the trophy first and foremost which I care about it. Imagine after our worst season in 25 years we still end up with a trophy. Sp**s recently had a 5 year spell under Poch which was their best years in about 50-60 years and still had no silverware to show for it. Football is about winning trophies above all else. Even last year winning the trophy was more important than us getting CL, in the end we managed neither but it was the trophy I was more disappointed about. Of course I get why it's important for the club but as a fan you want the glory.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Couldn't care less about the money and guaranteed EL football, nice bonuses but it's the trophy first and foremost which I care about it. Imagine after our worst season in 25 years we still end up with a trophy. Sp**s recently had a 5 year spell under Poch which was their best years in about 50-60 years and still had no silverware to show for it. Football is about winning trophies above all else. Even last year winning the trophy was more important than us getting CL, in the end we managed neither but it was the trophy I was more disappointed about. Of course I get why it's important for the club but as a fan you want the glory.

Imagine someone asks you after Arsenal went unbeaten how you are feeling, and your genuine response is "Quite frankly, Champions League qualification was my number 1 priority " ...or after losing the Champions League in 2006, "Doesn't matter, as we have already qualified for it next season" :lol:

Don't get me wrong, qualifying for Europe is great, Champions League or Europa League and fans should be happy for them teams doing it...but you can't beat a bit of silverware, even the Community Shield wins have filled me with so much pride watching my team.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Imagine someone asks you after Arsenal went unbeaten how you are feeling, and your genuine response is "Quite frankly, Champions League qualification was my number 1 priority " ...or after losing the Champions League in 2006, "Doesn't matter, as we have already qualified for it next season" :lol:

Don't get me wrong, qualifying for Europe is great, Champions League or Europa League and fans should be happy for them teams doing it...but you can't beat a bit of silverware, even the Community Shield wins have filled me with so much pride watching my team.

It's so bizarre even now seeing United fans and Chelsea fans talk about qualifying for the CL as the biggest priority, they used to laugh at us and Wenger for the same thing. Like I kinda get wanting to play in the CL but then when you see fans celebrate the financial aspect of it, it just gets a bit weird for me. Another thing people used to have a go at Wenger for ironically enough. :lol:

All in all tho, for me trophies are the most important thing. I remember those 9 years where we didn't win any even with CL qualification and the financial benefits that came with it I was still longing for the trophies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's so bizarre even now seeing United fans and Chelsea fans talk about qualifying for the CL as the biggest priority, they used to laugh at us and Wenger for the same thing. Like I kinda get wanting to play in the CL but then when you see fans celebrate the financial aspect of it, it just gets a bit weird for me. Another thing people used to have a go at Wenger for ironically enough. :lol:

All in all tho, for me trophies are the most important thing. I remember those 9 years where we didn't win any even with CL qualification and the financial benefits that came with it I was still longing for the trophies.

It kinda reminds me of a Shawn Michaels/X-Pac promo from back in the day, probably around 1999...Shawn turned heel and cost X-Pac a title match, the next week X-Pac (who comes to the ring to DX music) just calls Shawn out...Shawn says "Never forget son, I was DX, before DX was cool...now somebody hit MY MUSIC", and it plays the DX theme...Shawn walks off and crotch chops Pac, who just stands there with a big gormless look on his face...Arsène was doing all this stuff ****ing years ago, even when we were winning leagues, he used to always talk about the importance of Champions League, man was way ahead of his time and everyone just piggy backed off him :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

I understand you reasoning however it's more for the longer term view. For us to get to the top again we need meaningful steps in the right direction. While an FA cup is nice and we shouldnt turn our noses up at it for me this club needs to be challenging for the league.

I feel the club never really made the most of being in the CL and use the increased revenue to strengthen the team properly.

Getting into Europe (there was times I thought maybe it would be best 1 year out of it) provides us with increased revenue which can help us sign better players that can hopefully take us to the next level. That level being top 4.

Then once we get to that level we need to improve again.

Nobody can look back and say a CL/EL campaign is better than an FA cup. It isnt. However EL/CL campaigns can help move the club closer to the main aim which is winning the league. An FA cup on it's own cant do that.

And hopefully with an increased transfer budget we can challenge for top 4 next season and then make the next couple of steps over the next 3-5 years.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Here's hoping the score in the Final is similar to the last time we faced the other blue menace 3 years ago.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
We must win the FA Cup in order to get into the Europa Cup. Don't think we'll beat out Sp**s or Wolves for 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom