• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Trademark Mesut masterclass against Liverpool tomorrow I am hearing...

...source told me Mes said he will give Mikel one more game, use it wisely...Arteta whispered "Scouse ****s" ,Özil nodded then went back to playing Fortnite...he is indeed ready!

Prime Ramsey, Coq, Santi, Mesut and Sanchez. Would kill for that middle 5 now. Shame we only had big Ollie up front.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just because he's training doesn't mean he's ready to play
If you're in full contact training with your teammates (for the entirety of the session) I think it does mean you're ready for minutes.

Just pay him and let him go! He will never leave otherwise and it just eats the club to have this problem to handle all the time...

Arteta speak up! Tell us you are tired of this clown and ship him to train with colchester or some if he doesnt accept leaving the club!!
Tired of this Özil saga that will haunt us for the next decade....

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In slight defence of Özil you can’t fill your squad with absolute trash and then say you’ll only play if you show the commitment in training, little insulting tbh.

In slight defence of Özil you can’t fill your squad with absolute trash and then say you’ll only play if you show the commitment in training, little insulting tbh.

If it is amateur league youre playing in then i have no problem if you dont show commitment and try your hardest in training and match but if you play proffesional then show your dedication to the team and fans or get out!

I personaly would like to see an contract to all players with an smaller basic age and then a bigger bonus instead of as now when all players get their salty wages whatever the performance.. (To ALL playesr that is)

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I personaly would like to see an contract to all players with an smaller basic age and then a bigger bonus instead of as now when all players get their salty wages whatever the performance.. (To ALL playesr that is)
Really, I think it is just us who care so much about all this.

Personally, I want us to go for big wages players. If he works perfect, if he doesn't, I really do not care. It's the club's problem to award and protect contracts.

I just want to enjoy the good players, and they do not come cheap.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Really, I think it is just us who care so much about all this.

Personally, I want us to go for big wages players. If he works perfect, if he doesn't, I really do not care. It's the club's problem to award and protect contracts.

I just want to enjoy the good players, and they do not come cheap.
oh my god preach!

Yeah Özil's second half of his Arsenal career didn't work out but please don't let it deter you from future stars. That's the clubs problem.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Arteta and his training obsession strikes again.

Özil’s probably not the best example but Hazard was/is a notoriously poor trainer as was Tevez and many other elite players.

gamechannel

Arteta and his training obsession strikes again.

Özil’s probably not the best example but Hazard was/is a notoriously poor trainer as was Tevez and many other elite players.

That's the problem with young, modern managers. The art of man management is lost. Its all about advanced stats, sports science etc. Instinct is gone, detailed tactical structure has replaced creative freedom - as a result, football in general has become more boring to watch. Other than City and to an extent, Liverpool, the brute-force-meets-creative-flair fast paced football of the late 90's and 2000's that was staple of English football has been replaced by an over-emphasis of tactics and boredom-inducing football.

Add to that the constant revolving door that is modern football management. Managers are aware that the owners demand instant success without much patience for a long-term rebuild. that inherently compromises the Manager's position even before he takes charge of the club. As a result of this inherent job insecurity, Managers, specifically young ones, are desperate to stamp their authority on players to get the results they want. Excessive micro-management of the footballing side of things while failing to understand the human side of football management and you have situations like "x player doesn't train hard so he won't play because I want to make sure all my players know who's in charge, damn it!".

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Sorry to say, but mesut has exposed himself. Doesn't seem to care about football anymore. Ruining his reputation, but seems like he doesn't give a **** anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom