• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I remember when we had signed Cazorla and I didn't know him. I remember Arteta in a couple interviews swearing this guy was worldclass and a "special special player".
Stood out to me cause you rarely hear players (at Arsenal anyways) come out and straight up say, nah you guys don't even know, hes the guy.
I'm Rambling but yeah that stuck out to me, he wasn't wrong.

Hah I remember watching youtube videos of Cazorla at the time, and he done this really amazing "cruyff turn" in about 3 inches of space by the byline with 2 or 3 players on him and was thinking wow, itd be amazing if he can manage that in the premiership... and he fkin did, he done it at least twice in an Arsenal jersey. I miss Santi *sobs

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
I remember when we had signed Cazorla and I didn't know him. I remember Arteta in a couple interviews swearing this guy was worldclass and a "special special player".
Stood out to me cause you rarely hear players (at Arsenal anyways) come out and straight up say, nah you guys don't even know, hes the guy.
I'm Rambling but yeah that stuck out to me, he wasn't wrong.
He caught my eye when I followed Villareal to watch Pires after his transfer there, continuing all the way up to that incredible season Malaga had where they qualified for the CL, and I knew we had gotten a special player.

Figured he had the temperament when he coolly slotted his pen into the corner, as a relative unknown, in the penalty shootout against Italy in Euro 2008, where Cesc dispatched the winning pen, which was the tournament Spain rid themselves of the perennial underachievers reputation.

You didn't get selected as a midfielder for that Spain national team if you weren't absolute quality. I mean, a player of Arteta's quality (although not world class), would have picked up at least a cap or two for almost any other country, but because he was Spanish, his services weren't needed. Disappointing that Santi missed out on the WC due to injury but he still has two Euros to console himself.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Got the starting XI all wrong. He’ll probably start all our important players in a dead game against Watford instead.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He has to rotate given the few days between fixtures and our FA Cup Final coming, but this was awful. Why start three strikers and why keep Kola on for so long?

At least he knows some of our players are absolute ****, so this might turn out positive. Get rid of the likes of Kola in the off season Mikel!

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Aubameyang on the wing needs to be ditched as well. In games like this you’re getting nothing out of him in terms of creative wing play and considering we have no creative midfielder it makes things even worse.

Kav

Established Member
Starting three striker was mind boggling to be honest. He had no ball carriers in the team to break down a team like villa you need someone who will force villa to commit a man and that’s how you stretch them and open space. We had none of that. Tactically we were predictable. Recycling the ball out wide for nonexistent crosses or poor crosses, to be headed in by who(Giroud?)

Really poor from a tactical point of view. Also there was no reason to bring on willock if you were going to leave on nketiah. The space was already clogged up and our players were static.

what annoys me the most is that no player took a direct shot on target aside from the Auba swivel that was blocked. I’m certain they are told to keep passing the ball it is rubbish. Shooting is the only way to score.

man I’m irritated about this.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Starting three striker was mind boggling to be honest. He had no ball carriers in the team to break down a team like villa you need someone who will force villa to commit a man and that’s how you stretch them and open space. We havd none of that. Tactically we were predictable. Recycling the ball out wide for nonexistent crosses of poor crosses to be headed in by who?
Really poor from a tactical point of view. Also there was no reason to bring on willock if you were going to leave on nketiah. The space was already clogged up and our players were static.

what annoys me the most is that no player took a direct shot on target aside from the Auba swivel that was blocked. I’m certain they are told to keep passing the ball it is rubbish. Shooting is the only way to score.

man I’m irritated about this.

Tbf we dont really have a ball carrier in the team, Ceballos maybe at a stretch but he has to start at our own box.

I was worried when I saw Auba, Laca, and Nketiah all in the line-up. I was even more worried to see Laca starts 3rd time in a row given his physical condition and lack of stamina

I will be a bit forgiving because we just beat Liverpool and City in space of 4 days before this game but hopefully Arteta will treat this game as a massive learning curve about him self and the squad!

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
We still have issues all over the pitch. Attacking midfield needs sorting, so do the wings and we need capable Backup's all over the pitch. We can't seem to rest players FFS.

Realistic, this still needs 2-3 years.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom