• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomb Bombadil

Frankly screw ASSE and their whinging. No one forced them to sign the contract. We paid big money for Saliba and they took him on loan for the next year and got paid for it, If they and GFFN think Arsenal aren't going to protect their asset, they are mad

Makes a change to be us playing hardball rather always trying to be the morally better party and getting screwed for it
I mean I understand their point of view. They agreed that Arsenal has to pay 2.5m if he plays 1/3 of the games. This clause is that he plays enough. And they played him more than 1/3 of the time but now the season is over.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
We're the ones taking all the risk letting him play for them after the loan contract is up, so there's gotta be a compromise on their side. **** 'em.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I mean I understand their point of view. They agreed that Arsenal has to pay 2.5m if he plays 1/3 of the games. This clause is that he plays enough. And they played him more than 1/3 of the time but now the season is over.
Unluckeeeee we all lose money because of Corona. How many more transfers are there with play x amount of games or score x amount of goals that are not fulfilled in France or Holland who ended the comps early. Boehoe, **** happens. Go complain at your FA.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Arsenal hated by English media for being too French. Arsenal hated by French media for being... too French.. Ok..

Shalmaneser V

Watched a re-run of St Etienne’s cup semi final win over Monaco last night just to scout Saliba.

Must say he looked impressive. Physically very dominant. Composed, read the game well and can pass. Reminded me a little bit of a young Rio Ferdinand.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The boss here reminding us why Saliba should play next season. He'll make mistakes, but it's the right thing to do.

"If I play a 28 year old centreback, maybe less talented...he will cost me less points (than a 20 year old)"

"At 23/24, you have a player"

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Only thing i hope that fans show bit of patience wirh him he'll definitely have games when he'll struggle

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yes not happening modern fans want quick things to happen i blame fifa and football manager for that
It's not just that - it's also the desperation borne out of our fall from grace post-Wenger. Fans are living on their nerves because they want to see us back in the CL and challenging for trophies as soon as possible, partly because they don't want to deal with the corn that we give out to other clubs and teams.

Ending up lower than you normally would be lends itself to short term thinking to get yourself back to where you were and beyond. While I encourage a more long term approach and have done for a while, it does not surprise me that people don't care about that, especially now when we are the worst we have been for a long time.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
It doesn't help that he's been hyped up so much. Most people haven't watched him play, yet the expectations for him are sky high. It's not reasonable to expect a teenage cb to be a starter, very few are good and mature enough for that, but it seems if he can't do that people will be disappointed.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It doesn't help that he's been hyped up so much. Most people haven't watched him play, yet the expectations for him are sky high. It's not reasonable to expect a teenage cb to be a starter, very few are good and mature enough for that, but it seems if he can't do that people will be disappointed.

People who have watched him play say that he's very good. He'll make mistakes, but he's good enough to be playing a lot of games for us next season. It's risk vs reward. We suffer a short-term risk, but long-term we stand to gain an elite CB for years to come.

I'd have him and Luiz as our CB partnership next season, with Mari and Chambers as back-ups.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
People who have watched him play say that he's very good. He'll make mistakes, but he's good enough to be playing a lot of games for us next season. It's risk vs reward. We suffer a short-term risk, but long-term we stand to gain an elite CB for years to come.

I'd have him and Luiz as our CB partnership next season, with Mari and Chambers as back-ups.

Ideally we'll buy a new 1st choice cb. If that doesn't happen I'm all for giving Saliba the chance, I love his physical profile and have high hopes for him after what I've heard. I just have this feeling he's not going to be trusted as a starter straight away and it's going to lead to disappointment or undervaluing his talent when it really shouldn't..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom