• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Agreed with this.

I think Gabriel, Partey and Grealish is a solid, doable window. Premier league experience and CL experience in there for where we are would be excellent business.

Gabriel at 25m, Partey at 45m and Grealish north of 50m?

Even with EL added money that's going to be difficult.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Dani just started playing well in the last month after we waited 12 months for him, what you talking about? Luiz has made mistakes ALL season and Pepe has generally been anonymous.

We wouldn’t be 10th had we done better business last summer.

Agree. This is what gets me. Players have 1 good game and all of a sudden they are good players. Luiz has been shocking all season. The times he hasnt been shocking he has been steady. Apart from the City game he hasnt been great.

Pepe has been a huge flop. First season this, hes young that (25 isnt young in football), hes getting no service, Bellerin etc etc. No excuses. Hes been a huge flop.

Tierney has been good.

Ceballos has been good the last couple of months and unlike Pepe is showing improvement week on week.

Had we signed Gary Cahill instead of Luiz (he was free), and signed Zaha instead of Pepe we wouldnt be far from the CL spots.

Last year the transfer business was not good. Individually some of these players may be good enough but if the aim was top4 this season then the transfers were not good enough. It also lacked massively in squad balance.

Ceballos for example is only turning out to be good now in the end of the season. We might even not be able to keep him. Overall it is a bad transfer for this season, if we somehow manage to buy him then hopefully he will be better in the future.

Pepe has been terrible. The season is coming to end now and he look nowhere close to showing some signs that he is adjusting to the league or football played here.

Luiz has been for the most part terrible.

Tierney is amazing but he has been injured sadly.

Cedric and Mari are a criminal attempt from Edu and Raul to put us many years behind on getting top4. These transfers make zero sense and for that I demand an investigation! Something sketchy is going on here.

Last edited:

pikey2000

Agree. This is what gets me. Players have 1 good game and all of a sudden they are good players. Luiz has been shocking all season. The times he hasnt been shocking he has been steady. Apart from the City game he hasnt been great.

Pepe has been a huge flop. First season this, hes young that (25 isnt young in football), hes getting no service, Bellerin etc etc. No excuses. Hes been a huge flop.

Tierney has been good.

Ceballos has been good the last couple of months and unlike Pepe is showing improvement week on week.

Had we signed Gary Cahill instead of Luiz (he was free), and signed Zaha instead of Pepe we wouldnt be far from the CL spots.

That is all well and good with the benefit of hindsight

Pepe was coming off a very good season, young, raw talent but potentially great, goals in his game and we were looking for someone to chip in with goals to lessen the load on Auba

Ceballos was a coveted u21 Spanish talent, can see why we went for him,

Luiz was a last minute buy to replace Kos, experience for experience as we weren't expecting to lose Kos.

So when those decisions were made you can see the reasoning behind them, yes they haven't worked out and its easy to say now, having seen the season unfold that we should have got X instead of Y.

For me, this is easily the most disjointed Arsenal season in recent history, we are on our 3rd manager (if you include Ljunbergs stint), players have had to adapt to totally different playing styles and in places coaching staff have changed as well, not to mention the COVID break that is at least a disruption and you don't exactly have an environment where people can thrive, let alone new signings.

Raul paid 25M for Torreira and he’s been horrendous, Sokratis isn’t kicking a ball. Signed Cedric for some weird reason.

This is all under the current regime.

Lichtsteiner and Leno too. You wonder why Leno was bought if there was a more talented GK already at the club.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Leno (good)
Sokratis
Torreria
Guendouzi (good in sense cheap and make money)
Pepe
Tierney (good)
Martinelli (good but was signed with no expectations)
Saliba (who knows)
Luiz
Ceballos (loan)
Mari
Soares.

Have a look down that list.

Guendouzi and Martinelli have been good because they were signed for the future with no expectations. Raul and co got lucky that these players have actually done something. They weren't expected to do anything yet. No real credit for these 2 signings. Were unknown and never expected to improve the squad for a couple of years. Cant say your an expert negotiater if your hitting and hoping. And for all we have seen from these 2 they could be literally anything in the future. Even Carlos Vela looked class in a couple of games.

Leno and Tierney have been good more or less from the off. A few tricky spells but that's normal.

The rest of the signings havent worked out. So either that's poor identification of a player. Poor planning or poor judgement.

And with that comes a poor looking squad.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don’t think it’s genuine to keep letting off the current regime by keep going back to previous years. We finished 5th last season with mainly a Wenger team.

Under Raul we are spending record breaking amounts of money now, these figures are overshadowing what we spent previously, people need to be held accountable.

How have we gone from 5th to 10th?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think it’s genuine to keep letting off the current regime by keep going back to previous years. We finished 5th last season with mainly a Wenger team.

Under Raul we are spending record breaking amounts of money now, these figures are overshadowing what we spent previously, people need to be held accountable.

We simply kept Emery around for too long. Let's be honest, the majority of this team finished 5th last year and we know should of walked it to third, but we bottled it and then hugely bottled the EL final.

The players already didn't trust him coming into this season and it showed, we won games on individual talent many times, most games we were battered by shots.

The difference in what we're seeing now is what a good coach can do to this team, Sheffield away, Wolves away, City in the cup and Liverpool are all games we won with this squad and none were fluke, we saw determination, grit and a solid defensive unit.

Arteta had no right to make us dream about CL again, but he took us to a position where we could reach EL but unfortunately we didn't deliver, however I've seen enough from this squad to suggest over a normal season we could.

I genuinely believe had Arsenal signed, Zaha, Partey and Maguire under Unai Emery he'd of still had the exact same fate. You always say transfers take a year to adapt, let's see how they adapt under Mikel next year and then make solid judgements?

To me the board made a huge huge error not sacking Emery earlier and it's cost us, that's on them, they hired Arteta in one of the hardest periods.

Also if you don't read all this that's fine, I understand your brain sometimes gets confused at lots of writing but I still love you.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

We haven't gone from 5th to 10th because Raul signed Pepe :lol::lol::lol::lol:

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Pepe was coming off a very good season, young, raw talent but potentially great
He's not young, he's not raw, he has no talent... add to that he cost seventy two million pounds.
Just for that the person who organised the deal should lose their job.
To top it off he now has no resale value.
Capt. of the Titanic ineptitude levels.

There has never been a worse transfer in the history of football.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We simply kept Emery around for too long. Let's be honest, the majority of this team finished 5th last year and we know should of walked it to third, but we bottled it and then hugely bottled the EL final.

Do you think the squad now is better than when Emery took over?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

The players already didn't trust him coming into this season and it showed, we won games on individual talent many times, most games we were battered by shots.

The difference in what we're seeing now is what a good coach can do to this team, Sheffield away, Wolves away, City in the cup and Liverpool are all games we won with this squad and none were fluke, we saw determination, grit and a solid defensive unit.

Arteta had no right to make us dream about CL again, but he took us to a position where we could reach EL but unfortunately we didn't deliver, however I've seen enough from this squad to suggest over a normal season we could.

I genuinely believe had Arsenal signed, Zaha, Partey and Maguire under Unai Emery he'd of still had the exact same fate. You always say transfers take a year to adapt, let's see how they adapt under Mikel next year and then make solid judgements?

To me the board made a huge huge error not sacking Emery earlier and it's cost us, that's on them, they hired Arteta in one of the hardest periods.

Also if you don't read all this that's fine, I understand your brain sometimes gets confused at lots of writing but I still love you.

Transfers dont take a year to adapt. And you stand a better chance if the player has experience in the league. Maguire didnt have to adapt at United. Wan Bisakka either. Some players dont fit at a club like Torres to Chelsea but he was already on his way down then.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lets be real here we've gone from 5th to 10th because Wenger left us in the worst possible shape and stayed too long. If he had gone when we started failing to win the title the money we were getting from CL football could have gone to good use.

Instead, from 2014 Wenger decided to spend money like this -

Sanchez - £38M (Elite signing)
Debuchy - £13M (Meh signing)
Ospina - £3M (Meh signing)
Chambers - £18M (What has he done)
Welbeck - £18M (Another Meh signing)
Gabriel - £13M (A poor CB signing, shock)
Cech - £12M (Good signing)
Elneny - £11M (Shocking signing)
Xhaka - £40M (For the money its been a poor signing so far)
Asano - £3M (Why)
Holding - £3M (For the price its alright but again he has done nothing)
Mustafi - £36M (Worst transfer in Arsenal history?)
Lacazette - £47M (Great at the time, but why spend 60M on Auba a few months after?!)
Mavropanos - £2M (Probably make profit)
Mikky - swap with Alexis after turning down 60M. (SHOCKING)
Auba - £60M (Elite signing, but why after spending so much on Laca?)

Two elite signings in 4 years. £317M spent and two signings worthy of challenging for a title. That is hideous, not only that but signing up Özil on a 350k a week deal tying the club down to 20m+ a year in wages on one human being is disgraceful.

After Wenger left and we completely restructured it was going to take 2 or 3 years to rebuild everything. This is the worst of it, finishing 10th this season. The only shining light is we can go up from here.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Transfers dont take a year to adapt. And you stand a better chance if the player has experience in the league. Maguire didnt have to adapt at United. Wan Bisakka either. Some players dont fit at a club like Torres to Chelsea but he was already on his way down then.

They didn't need time to adapt because they went from the premier league to the ermm... Premier league :lol:

Pepe has played 1900 mins in the league this season. Just over half a season worth of minutes.

I am not passing judgement until next season. Just like with Di Maria, you have to give these things time and if they dont work then they dont work, some leagues aren't made for some players. But for people like @EinmalImmerEwig to say he has no talent is embarrassing tbh.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom