• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | Tuesday July 21 | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Aston Villa win

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmile

Established Member
It has been said before-

But it feels like this combination of personnel was always going to perform poorly.

It felt like it was asking far too much of Ceballos to be our only player with anything on the ball to offer.

He and xhaka have worked well because- for whatever their flaws are- they are both ball players- torrieria is not and struggled to offer anything.

Without that in the centre of the park- you need some creativity from the wings. But both PEA and eddie were there- and they are essentially both primarily finishers. Totally worth sticking one of the wing because of their propensity to get on the end of stuff and generally work hard, but it feels like a massive sacrifice to play both instead of a midfielder/winger who might offer something in the build-up. Or if we do play both of them, surely we need the centre of the park having creativity as their number 1 priority.

We kind of ended up with a semi static front three just waiting to get on the end of things from a midfield who just couldn't get the ball into them.

I don't know why arteta couldnt spot it a mile off- but hopefully we will learn!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why? Very casual. You’ll complain if it was Xhaka or Mustafi.
I don't give a **** because a some of our players have done it in the past whereby they just get distracted by opponents and they joke around on the pitch.

I doubt it would have been highlighted if he'd scored a double we won.

Nothing to see here really

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Have admit I fell asleep after 30 or so minutes.

In that time Cedric was getting caught out postion and looked slow to recover on a couple of occasions.

The wing back role doesn't suit him imo. Shame AMN might t be leaving.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom