• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You're arguing against developing young players. This is Arsenal ffs, this ain't the club for you if you don't like playing youngsters.

Exactly, Arsenal fans been asking for a culture change for how long? We need to stop relying and putting so much pressure on young players.

As an Arsenal fan it feels like we’re in perpetual state of waiting for young players to come good and rarely ever do. Most end up ruined by injuries or leaving the first chance they get.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
God I hate this logic, you’re putting the development of 1 player over the club. Then what happens when that player does develop? They F off the first chance they get.

Also when has Arsène ever done that for a CB? Only one I can think of is Koscielny and he was an accident waiting to happen every time he played.

Kolo Toure, he was 21 when we signed him...Matthew Upson too, until his injury in 2002, he was given a lot of games that season, had benched Adams and Keown for the spot next to Sol briefly.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Only thing i hope that fans show bit of patience wirh him he'll definitely have games when he'll struggle

Nah forget that he better come in and perform idc about age. If we pay 35 million for you you have to be a first team player, if not then send him on loan again.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Exactly, Arsenal fans been asking for a culture change for how long? We need to stop relying and putting so much pressure on young players.

As an Arsenal fan it feels like we’re in perpetual state of waiting for young players to come good and rarely ever do. Most end up ruined by injuries or leaving the first chance they get.

Ok, well maybe some Arsenal fans feel like that, I happen to like that we are willing to play young players.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Nah forget that he better come in and perform idc about age. If we pay 35 million for you you have to be a first team player, if not then send him on loan again.

You're definitely a guy who boos in a stadium. I bet you're a booer.

BigPoppaPump

Ok, well maybe some Arsenal fans feel like that, I happen to like that we are willing to play young players.

We’ve got way more out of players we bought than players we grew ourselves tbh. I wouldn’t mind it but we’re just not that good at developing players.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
We’ve got way more out of players we bought than players we grew ourselves tbh. I wouldn’t mind it but we’re just not that good at developing players.

But we did buy Saliba? I don't get it, are you against academy players or just all young players? Cos I can think of a few examples of young players we bought who did quite well for us.

BigPoppaPump

But we did buy Saliba? I don't get it, are you against academy players or just all young players? Cos I can think of a few examples of young players we bought who did quite well for us.

Actually you’re right I’m chatting sh*t there, what I mean is we should buy more established players with experience instead of relying on youth. At Arsenal feels like we’re always waiting for young/raw players to come good.

I’d much rather a 27 year old CB with a lower ceiling than an 18 year old that might be good in the future.

Luckily with Saliba he has experience so he can play right away.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
thought @dashsnow17 was talking to himself, realised I had floppalump on ignore, read the conversation. Almost had an aneurism.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Backing Saliba to start fully tho ngl, he has insane stats across Europe specifically in aerial duels which is what we sorely lack.

I'm expecting him to be our VVD type player.

Actually you’re right I’m chatting sh*t there, what I mean is we should buy more established players with experience instead of relying on youth. At Arsenal feels like we’re always waiting for young/raw players to come good.

I’d much rather a 27 year old CB with a lower ceiling than an 18 year old that might be good in the future.

Luckily with Saliba he has experience so he can play right away.

We signed Luiz, Sokratis, and Mari. You not happy?

Its weird that Josh and Stan haven't sacked Raul and Edu already. The biggest talents at the moment are from France. Our reputation is in shambles there. We will struggle signing players from there until Raul and Edu are gone.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

thought @dashsnow17 was talking to himself, realised I had floppalump on ignore, read the conversation. Almost had an aneurism.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Backing Saliba to start fully tho ngl, he has insane stats across Europe specifically in aerial duels which is what we sorely lack.

I'm expecting him to be our VVD type player.

Stop with this VVD stuff, it’s constantly all over Twitter ffs.

If the club is itching for another VVD then we should have just sent Saliba to the wall and he’d have time to toughen up in the Scottish League.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think Saliba will be more like Joe Gomez.

And Liverpool got him for 3m from the championship.

The club is neglecting the amount of good players there are in the championship. We could have signed Grealish or Maddison from there a few years back and now they’re out of our price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom