• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Only on AM do people love writing full blown essays about how sh*t/not suited our players are :lol:

You guys are all spoilt and miserable.
Do I think Ceballos is decent and has scope to grow? Yes
Do I think Ceballos is perfect? No
Do we need to sign another CM if we can? Definitely

No need to cry let’s just see what happens he may even go back to Madrid.

Wtf is this, spark notes? Get your sh*t together.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I just think people cry too much about things out of our control. But hey, if writing essays helps you deal with modern Arsenal then by all means enjoy :lol:

Ceballos isn’t the best CM we’ve ever had clearly but these tears are extra. He’s on loan.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I just think people cry too much about things out of our control. But hey, if writing essays helps you deal with modern Arsenal then by all means enjoy :lol:

Ceballos isn’t the best CM we’ve ever had clearly but these tears are extra. He’s on loan.

You talking about @The_Playmaker's post? :lol:

Go on AMN's thread and see another absolute banger of a comedy gold post.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I didn’t even read them :lol:

I just saw several paragraphs everywhere and thought Jesus Christ.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
You talking about @The_Playmaker's post? :lol:

Go on AMN's thread and see another absolute banger of a comedy gold post.

He is right though. AMN cannot be any worse than Torreira, Xhaka and Ceballos at progressing play, be it by dribbling or passing. None of the midfield options we have are quality players. I don't even rate AMN that highly, but he has some power in his game, and the speed to recover on defense. He just needs a run of games to show that he can also be a utility player in the midfield, as he is for the LB and RB position.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Whilst I agree that it’s worth trying him, AMN’s career is done here. Would take mass injuries for him to get the nod in midfield now.

TinFish

Sign him up. He is our best midfielder.

Why would you let him go back? We have a player who we know is better than our existing lot. I'd rather sign him and get rid of some of our permanent midfielders.

People say we can sign better...but who? Will they turn up for Arsenal? Pepe certainly hasn't justified his price tag.

At this point in time, Arsenal are a 2nd tier club, sign him up..slowly improve the squad and first XI before developing further.

The phase we are going through reminds me a bit of Man City - when they signed players like Clichy, Toure etc. to slowly creep up the league. Now look at where they are.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
He is right though. AMN cannot be any worse than Torreira, Xhaka and Ceballos at progressing play, be it by dribbling or passing.

Of course he can. AMN has shown absolutely nothing in regards to passing, receiving under pressure, offering himself intelligently, and ball progression as a CM. His few chances there as a substitute he's struggled to make even simple passes. The other day at wing back his passing was terrible. At the youth level he didn't even stick out for this, his game as a CM was simple and tidy...simple and tidy at youth level does not translate to much at top level. Torreira will have been the focal point and the best passer in his youth side, at top level he is deficient as a passer. Don't even get me started on comparing Ceballos or even Xhaka and AMN's passing and ball progression.

This comment is frankly a massive underestimation of the qualities of Ceballos, and Xhaka, and even Torreira, who I don't even rate at all, and a slight to what it is to be a CM in general. I see people saying similar things about Willock, who hasn't shown an ounce of the passing ability that Ceballos and Xhaka possess. The other day he got on the ball in a promising position in the 10 space and panicked and made a poor pass and the move was over. That's been typical of him.

I love our academy players but there is a weird underestimation of the aplomb necessary to be a passer and ball progressor the level of Ceballos, and later Xhaka. Xhaka has his deficiencies as we all know but there is a reason Arteta and Emery picked him, and a reason why he is picked at the base of the midfield and not Torreira, because he has an important skill: passing and ball progression from the base of a midfield. Ceballos, meanwhile, has a more complete all around game as a CM than Xhaka, much more press resistance, much more ability to eliminate defenders in interesting ways while progressing the ball through the middle, and better at offering himself and receiving (first touch--part of press resistance of course).

If Arsenal fans think we are going to get anything better for the 8 position in a pivot than Ceballos they are seriously kidding themselves. We are lucky to have at least one player of the level required in midfield--him--and lucky in part that he played under the clueless Emery or else the negotiation might be even more difficult/other clubs might've been in.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
AMN in midfield could be good as a mobile 6 (budget Kante) or a right central midfielder in a 3 whose job it is to cover ground and carry the ball. He's a snapper passer but its not a major part of his game. I'd actually like to see him and Ceballos play together in a 3 if both are here next year.

zilfy

If Arsenal fans think we are going to get anything better for the 8 position in a pivot than Ceballos they are seriously kidding themselves. We are lucky to have at least one player of the level required in midfield--him--and lucky in part that he played under the clueless Emery or else the negotiation might be even more difficult/other clubs might've been in
Hes showing his worth now. Still, a bit of a shame hes so farkin slow though

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Hes showing his worth now. Still, a bit of a shame hes so farkin slow though

What's the obsession with pace here?

Toni Kroos is slow, Thiago Alcantara is slow, Santi was slow (quick in short spaces but in a sprint he's just as slow as Dani), Rodri is pretty slow.

If you want athleticism, top technical ability, tactical intelligence, and high level ball progression in a midfielder the list is like two...De Jong if he continues to develop, De Bruyne, and maybe Pogba though he's lacking in the tactical intelligence part.

For instance everyone seems to be infatuated with Thomas Partey but he is a far more limited midfielder than Ceballos. Partey is a Torreira with better physical conditions and a bit more press resistance. I wouldn't mind him here because a Torreira with better physical conditions and a bit more press resistance would be a nice partner for Ceballos in a pivot, but if it's between him and Dani the answer is obvious, Ceballos is the higher level player.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What's the obsession with pace here?

Toni Kroos is slow, Thiago Alcantara is slow, Santi was slow (quick in short spaces but in a sprint he's just as slow as Dani), Rodri is pretty slow.

If you want athleticism, top technical ability, tactical intelligence, and high level ball progression in a midfielder the list is like two...De Jong if he continues to develop, De Bruyne, and maybe Pogba though he's lacking in the tactical intelligence part.

For instance everyone seems to be infatuated with Thomas Partey but he is a far more limited midfielder than Ceballos. Partey is a Torreira with better physical conditions and a bit more press resistance. I wouldn't mind him here because a Torreira with better physical conditions and a bit more press resistance would be a nice partner for Ceballos in a pivot, but if it's between him and Dani the answer is obvious, Ceballos is the higher level player.
His slowness would not be a problem if most of the team wasn't also slow as ****. Especially our midfield. All 4 of Xhaka, Torreira, Ceballos and Guendouzi are not only very slow but also not particularly agile either.

We ask for more pace because the main team as a whole is relatively slow.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why would people think I am bad? All people who I know IRL think I am great. : D What do people know, even Jesus was not appreciated by people.

Didnt watch the game but this season should just be written off and start from the beginning in the next one. Just win the FA Cup and wait for the new start.

Single greatest paragraph I've ever read on this forum.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
His slowness would not be a problem if most of the team wasn't also slow as ****. Especially our midfield. All 4 of Xhaka, Torreira, Ceballos and Guendouzi are not only very slow but also not particularly agile either.

We ask for more pace because the main team as a whole is relatively slow.

I disagree a bit on Guendouzi I don't think his physical conditions are all that bad at all, but yeah, the balance of our midfield is certainly problematic. Still, the point stands that the player of Ceballos' quality is more difficult to find than the player of Partey's. So, let's be sure to sign Dani first then look for a player that better compliments him in the pivot (Danilo?) than Xhaka.

Anyways, with the right team tactical and technical level pace and athleticism becomes much less of a problem, none of Guardiola's dominant midfields from Barsa, Bayern, or City were particularly athletic. Cue quotes by Pep and Cruyff about positioning being more important than tackling and speed.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I disagree a bit on Guendouzi I don't think his physical conditions are all that bad at all, but yeah, the balance of our midfield is certainly problematic. Still, the point stands that the player of Ceballos' quality is more difficult to find than the player of Partey's. So, let's be sure to sign Dani first then look for a player that better compliments him in the pivot (Danilo?) than Xhaka.

Anyways, with the right team tactical and technical level pace and athleticism becomes much less of a problem, none of Guardiola's dominant midfields from Barsa, Bayern, or City were particularly athletic. Cue quotes by Pep and Cruyff about positioning being more important than tackling and speed.
Yes but they all have good acceleration despite not being overall powerful athletes. We do not even have that! :lol:

I don't disagree on Ceballos in terms of his ability but I think it is a catch-22 because the profile of the midfield absolutely needs to change if we want to get anywhere. Ceballos, as good as he has been of late, by himself changes nothing.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arteta saying he’s playing Ceballos deep out of necessity, not a good luck for Torreira at all. Fair play to Dani for buying into it and playing like he’s here full time.

Maybe his attitude is the main reason Arteta wants him permanently.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yes but they all have good acceleration despite not being overall powerful athletes. We do not even have that! :lol:

I don't disagree on Ceballos in terms of his ability but I think it is a catch-22 because the profile of the midfield absolutely needs to change if we want to get anywhere. Ceballos, as good as he has been of late, by himself changes nothing.

Yeah absolutely, above all we need a creative midfielder, whether it's an offensive 8, or a 10. We are so deficient creating chances and have not a single player who can play and receive in between lines so that has to be the biggest need.

Arteta saying he’s playing Ceballos deep out of necessity, not a good luck for Torreira at all.

Where does he say that? He said from very early on that he saw him as a pivot player, which is what he is. Ceballos as our main creative focal point is a bad idea, we will be far too sterile. Much better More athletic DM than Xhaka-Ceballos-Offensive 8/or 10.

scytheavatar

Established Member

A player of Ceballos's "quality" can only dream of reaching the level that Xhaka currently is at...... me thinks you are vastly overestimating Ceballos's "quality". Ceballos right now is barely playing above the level that Torreira and Guendouzi has been playing at.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah absolutely, above all we need a creative midfielder, whether it's an offensive 8, or a 10. We are so deficient creating chances and have not a single player who can play and receive in between lines so that has to be the biggest need.

Where does he say that? He said from very early on that he saw him as a pivot player, which is what he is. Ceballos as our main creative focal point is a bad idea, we will be far too sterile. Much better More athletic DM than Xhaka-Ceballos-Offensive 8/or 10.
Dani is someone who has the ability to play further up, for sure," says Arteta. "But with the needs that we have at the moment and the way that he helps us join the lines together, to make us more stable with the ball, we have to use him there."
https://www.skysports.com/football/...strengthen-squad-and-solve-creativity-problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom