• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

I wouldn't read too much into those comments, it was probably into a response about the balance of the team and the lack of a creative midfielder. He made very clear how he saw Dani (and he's right to see him that way, it's the same way Zidane and Madrid saw him) when he was earlier on the job, and how he's used him obviously reinforces that.

Interesting. Makes it seems like a midfield 3 of Xhaka, Ceballos and Partey is almost a certainty if we manage to get it done.

I sure hope not. That would be a terribly sterile midfield. It's one thing to play a midfield like this if you have ultra creative wing types, say a Bernardo Silva or Hazard or even Pulisic, or Özil how he was used often under Mourinho. We have dribbling/scoring wingers whose creativity is their biggest weakness (Pepe, Aubameyang).

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
A player of Ceballos's "quality" can only dream of reaching the level that Xhaka currently is at...... me thinks you are vastly overestimating Ceballos's "quality". Ceballos right now is barely playing above the level that Torreira and Guendouzi has been playing at.

Ceb has been one of our best players recently since the restart.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Interesting. Makes it seems like a midfield 3 of Xhaka, Ceballos and Partey is almost a certainty if we manage to get it done.

Ceballos has low football IQ and plays poorly when he has no space to operate...... his effectiveness is inversely proportional to how close he is to his opponent's goal. Arteta is setting himself up to be disappointed if he thinks he can turn Ceballos into an AMC.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Ceballos has low football IQ and plays poorly when he has no space to operate...... his effectiveness is inversely proportional to how close he is to his opponent's goal. Arteta is setting himself up to be disappointed if he thinks he can turn Ceballos into an AMC.
I probably shouldn't reply since it seems pretty clear you have an agenda but the first sentence is kind of funny. Dani's strengths are maneuvering in short spaces. He has demonstrated this for a number of teams from the beginning of his career and is demonstrating it now. He definitely does not have low football IQ either haha. That said, the second sentence is true, Dani is not a final third player and is absolutely not going to be effective as our most offensive midfielder and link between midfield and attack.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I probably shouldn't reply since it seems pretty clear you have an agenda but the first sentence is kind of funny. Dani's strengths are maneuvering in short spaces. He has demonstrated this for a number of teams from the beginning of his career and is demonstrating it now. He definitely does not have low football IQ either haha. That said, the second sentence is true, Dani is not a final third player and is absolutely not going to be effective as our most offensive midfielder and link between midfield and attack.

Ceballos's strengths are maneuvering in short spaces to make sideward and backward passes. Why are we struggling to break our opponent's down? Precisely because of players like Ceballos.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Ceballos's strengths are maneuvering in short spaces to make sideward and backward passes. Why are we struggling to break our opponent's down? Precisely because of players like Ceballos.

Right, could be that...or could be that we play without any creative attacker to link midfield and attack whatsoever, haha.

Dani can't pass it forward if there's no one to pass it to. He's done a fine job without having any willing recipient in between lines ahead of him as a pivot player. Villa a perfect example. Imagine having Lacazette and Nketiah as the main players offering ahead of you in between lines. Good luck.

akhil

Great. Top defensive contributions solid on the ball. Now rested for the final.

Thought he way worse from his earlier games. Played some stupid passes and was getting bullied a decent amount losing the ball right in front of the back 4.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think next season if he stayed will be great us specially if we added a good midfielder since restart he been perfect

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I like him a lot, just thought he didn't have a good game. Making him permanent is a no brainer if we can afford it.
I liked what bits I saw him doing defensively for us. Showed good positioning and awareness. Stuff he's not really noted for, so that has to be good.

nick gould

been good at intercepting the ball. His confidence is growing. It's his first season here. I would keep him as a number 8.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He seems alright. Better than Douzi and basically any other option we have anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom