• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your favorite game?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Going back, Tekken was an all time great. Once you mastered every combo for every fighter, it just turned into an epic tactical battle. The 1v1 winner stays on binges with mates were legendary. Marshall Law was my boy :drool:

My guys were King and Armor King.

...love that my boy is stumbling around in that back alley like Phil Mitchell on a bad day :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Going back, Tekken was an all time great. Once you mastered every combo for every fighter, it just turned into an epic tactical battle. The 1v1 winner stays on binges with mates were legendary. Marshall Law was my boy :drool:
funny thing, my cousin sister used to casually pick up a controller and kept beating my cousin brother who had put in an insane amount of time on the game. She just kept spamming the kick button. :rofl:

His frustration was epic. I still tease him about it decades later.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
funny thing, my cousin sister used to casually pick up a controller and kept beating my cousin brother who had put in an insane amount of time on the game. She just kept spamming the kick button. :rofl:

His frustration was epic. I still tease him about it decades later.
:lol: That was possible if you weren't a real student of the game. I remember when I thought I was great at Street Fighter, then some tosser started picking Chun Li and would spam the low kicks, fvcking everybody up all night long. The move got banned so he tried to find another character who had an effective move he could spam, so we stopped answering the door to the cheating ****.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
:lol: That was possible if you weren't a real student of the game. I remember when I thought I was great at Street Fighter, then some tosser started picking Chun Li and would spam the low kicks, fvcking everybody up all night long. The move got banned so he tried to find another character who had an effective move he could spam, so we stopped answering the door to the cheating ****.
hahaha!! That is so relatable. :facepalm:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Eddie Gordo for me, also Devil Jin was sick!

Cant be mad at spammable moves, every game has them, I remember that Bison slide kick thing on SF2, one kid at this sports place had that kick down like a pro, constantly smashed people on the arcade machine, I think the rule was challenger had to pay for the chance to dethrone the king.

Keplaz

Eddie Gordo for me, also Devil Jin was sick!

Cant be mad at spammable moves, every game has them, I remember that Bison slide kick thing on SF2, one kid at this sports place had that kick down like a pro, constantly smashed people on the arcade machine, I think the rule was challenger had to pay for the chance to dethrone the king.
I remember SF2 well man. And having to put a penny down to book your turn. Many hours spent at Trocadero.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I remember SF2 well man. And having to put a penny down to book your turn. Many hours spent at Trocadero.

Trocadero used to be amazing as a kid, they had one in Edgware too, dont really see arcades like that anymore, I suppose there is no profit in them since home consoles became the norm.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Computer/Consoles I have had. Amstrad 464, Sega Mega Drive, Playstation One, Mini Sega Mega Drive.
My Ten Favourite Games from these Consoles.

1. Crash Bandicoot.
2. Resident Evil.
3. Speedball.
4. Sonic the Hedgehog.
5. Run the Gauntlet.
6. Batman Forever.
7. Star Wars Trilogy.
8. Tetris.
9. Afterburner.
10. Hostage.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Grew up with a NES so the joy of Mario is a nostalgic thing for me. And MarioKart64 is actually a GOAT contender anyway. (Edit: gonna add Zelda here as well. Ocarina of time is also GOAT contender)

Had a thing for RTS games so a big fan of Age of Empires 2 and StarCraft.

The one that really changed my perception of what a game could be was Metal Gear Solid though. The only game in modern times that had a similar effect on me was Last of Us.

Games like GTA and PES were incredibly fun and addictive but just don’t occupy the same kind of space in my heart as the others. Bit like dating a stripper. Amazing times but at some point you’d sorta be ok with it never happening…

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Games like GTA and PES were incredibly fun and addictive but just don’t occupy the same kind of space in my heart as the others. Bit like dating a stripper. Amazing times but at some point you’d sorta be ok with it never happening…
Because of the STDs?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm still waiting for there to be another really good Sonic game. When I was like 6, I loved Sonic so much that I would set my alarm for 6:30 in the morning so I could watch the cartoon and then play Sonic the Hedgehog 2 before school. Been waiting for a Sonic Adventure 3 for 20 something years.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

I'm still waiting for there to be another really good Sonic game. When I was like 6, I loved Sonic so much that I would set my alarm for 6:30 in the morning so I could watch the cartoon and then play Sonic the Hedgehog 2 before school. Been waiting for a Sonic Adventure 3 for 20 something years.
There was like this whole obsession to make everything 3d but sonic doesn’t work in 3d for me. Sonic 3d killed the franchise imo. I miss 2d platformers. There’s been a resurgence tho I believe.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Grew up with a NES so the joy of Mario is a nostalgic thing for me. And MarioKart64 is actually a GOAT contender anyway. (Edit: gonna add Zelda here as well. Ocarina of time is also GOAT contender)

Had a thing for RTS games so a big fan of Age of Empires 2 and StarCraft.

The one that really changed my perception of what a game could be was Metal Gear Solid though. The only game in modern times that had a similar effect on me was Last of Us.

have almost the same choices: StarCraft, AoE, XCOM, SimCity, Divinity Original Sin, Fallout, TES...Championship Manager/FM (of course)

TES: Oblivion, StarCraft 2, AoE 2 and XCOM 2 are definitely GOAT contenders for me....

Eagerly waiting for Baldur's gate, Starfield and TES 6.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

have almost the same choices: StarCraft, AoE, XCOM, SimCity, Divinity Original Sin, Fallout, TES...Championship Manager/FM (of course)

TES: Oblivion, StarCraft 2, AoE 2 and XCOM 2 are definitely GOAT contenders for me....

Eagerly waiting for Baldur's gate, Starfield and TES 6.
Big Bethesda fan?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
There was like this whole obsession to make everything 3d but sonic doesn’t work in 3d for me. Sonic 3d killed the franchise imo. I miss 2d platformers. There’s been a resurgence tho I believe.
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were good IMO. I liked the little open world elements in 1 and the variety in gameplay in 2 with the introduction of the different playable characters. Even though Dreamcast was ahead of its time and grossly underperformed I thought those 2 games really transitioned well to 3D giving it a speed you could feel while still maintaining the spirit of the previous games. I still felt like it was the same world I grew up loving. Everything after that has been a disaster though and what I don't like is that SEGA has known for 20 years that fans want Sonic Adventure 3 to pick up at the end of Sonic Adventure 2 and they've given us everything but that.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
I can pretty much guarantee FM will be the game I play the most every year outside of probably when GTA 6 drops.

Still though The Witcher 3 is still probably my favourite game. Still has the best DLC I've ever played in Blood and Wine.

Also honorable mentions to XCOM 2 and Rimworld

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

organic i suppose. I never really looked forward to their games.

The only developers I really knew were SI Games, MicroPorse, Microsoft, Valve, Bethesda and id. Also Sid Meier and Peter Molyneux...legends.

What about you?

Don’t really have developer loyalties as such but I have to say I’ve never really played a bad naughty dog game 🔥

Top Bottom