• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Guendouzi, Özil, and Torreira will hopefully be out. There is room for the midfielder if we go back to 3 midfield.

There is room. However will he get much game time? Nobody knows of course and the 3 I mentioned cant play every game but we also have the likes of Nelson, Saka to consider.

Auba is probably the biggest problem we have in the sense that he is taking a position that isnt really his position and means everyone has to be shuffled around.

If Arteta found a way to play him number 9 something like this could maybe work.

Xhaka Partey
Ceballos
Pepe Auba Saka

In this case ESR could fill in for when one of the midfield 3 are injured or suspended. Ceballos can move back and ESR attacking midfield.

All depends on what happens next couple of weeks. That's of course if he is even ready for the PL. The jury's out. Doing it for Huddersfield and doing it for us a million miles apart.

There is room. However will he get much game time? Nobody knows of course and the 3 I mentioned cant play every game but we also have the likes of Nelson, Saka to consider.

Auba is probably the biggest problem we have in the sense that he is taking a position that isnt really his position and means everyone has to be shuffled around.

If Arteta found a way to play him number 9 something like this could maybe work.

Xhaka Partey
Ceballos
Pepe Auba Saka

In this case ESR could fill in for when one of the midfield 3 are injured or suspended. Ceballos can move back and ESR attacking midfield.

All depends on what happens next couple of weeks. That's of course if he is even ready for the PL. The jury's out. Doing it for Huddersfield and doing it for us a million miles apart.

Ok lets sell him then.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The way Arteta spoke about him it looks like he wants to work with him as soon as possible, I doubt he'd go on loan again when Arteta knows how much we need creativity.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The way Arteta spoke about him it looks like he wants to work with him as soon as possible, I doubt he'd go on loan again when Arteta knows how much we need creativity.
I don't know what'll happen but he does need more minutes. A loan would be ideal but if Arteta likes him, he might use him as a secondary creator to whoever we look to bring in and that can come with a lot of assurances. I think ESR would be an excellent option for a 3 aswell, I think his long-term future is definitely as an #8/#10 rather than just one of the two.

9jagooner

How much he'll play depends on how big a jump he makes between now and next season. At the point he's at now, he's not ready to be regular first team player at Arsenal. A loan deal will be good for him. Hopefully we can somehow convince Leeds to take him on loan. I'd love him to work with Bielsa

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Why this clamour to ruin our youngsters at Leeds? Did we learn nothing with Eddie?
At least he'd come back fit.

Eddie's always been sharp but he came back on a different level physically. Quicker and stronger than I remember him being. That's even with the lack of substantial minutes.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

At least he'd come back fit.

Eddie's always been sharp but he came back on a different level physically. Quicker and stronger than I remember him being. That's even with the lack of substantial minutes.

I think it is more likely he'd come back injured. There is a reason ESR was played so carefully throughout his stay at Town. With his injury problems, he needs to be managed carefully.

As for Eddie, why loan him if you don't play him?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think it is more likely he'd come back injured. There is a reason ESR was played so carefully throughout his stay at Town. With his injury problems, he needs to be managed carefully.

As for Eddie, why loan him if you don't play him?
I was being a bit facetious tbf :lol:. But yeah, I would have preferred more football for Eddie.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ceballos/Xhaka
Partey/Willock
Aouar/ESR

Emile is needed for rotation. Especially if we make Europe. Aouar is just an example btw.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why this clamour to ruin our youngsters at Leeds? Did we learn nothing with Eddie?

Leeds were great with Pennant when we sent him there, looked like he was ready for Arsenal after that loan.

Leeds didn't ruin Eddie, just because he wasn't a starter he still got plenty of appearances, that experience probably made him a better player.

Just because you hate Leeds doesn't mean they are always bad :lol:

9jagooner

Leeds didn't ruin Eddie. They played him when they could.
Leeds play good football. The type we're trying to play too. Sending Emile there will improve him if he gets to play

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Leeds didn't ruin Eddie. They played him when they could.
Leeds play good football. The type we're trying to play too. Sending Emile there will improve him if he gets to play
They didn't ruin him but I'd still rather he played a lot more than he did. Would probably have been more beneficial, but he still came back better so I have no real complaints. I think while the style of football is important, it's much more important that he plays regularly - that's the entire reason we're sending him on loan.

Looking at Leeds, I'm not sure there's a need for ESR there at the moment.

Gunners1616

I wonder what's the standard now for our youngsters. I see a lot of hype around ESR on twitter (even comparisons with young KDB) but ESR doesn't look like a future talent to me.

Technically it seems that the ball is always running away from his feet... Really doesn't look like a naturally gifted player. He might be only 19 but 2 goals/3 assists in 20 matches of championship is nothing very special. I mean not all teenagers need to bang goals at 18 like Mbappe but still you have to show something special (cf. Saka/Martinelli).

I could be wrong on this one but i'm not convinced. We'll find out next season i guess.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just because you hate Leeds doesn't mean they are always bad :lol:

standinyourwrongness.gif

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure why they cast Martin Sheen as Robert E. Lee in Gettysburg. Even Donald Trump would have been a more convincing Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom