• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Big **** Raul convinced Chelsea's best defender to join us...even though they finished above us, had Champions League and we didn't and after he had just pocketed our two £100 million strikers in the Europa final too...if Sanllehi wants another Premier League based player, he will get him!
What you talking about? Lampard told Luiz he’s out of favour and young guys will be starting.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Nah I don’t think so. Especially if the likes of Partey is available. We always seem to neglect the defence it’s about time we sorted the CM & CB out and then went for a creative player. Having Saka and ESR in midfield mayb help a touch.
Agree, but we’re 16th for shots per game and we can’t fix everything in one window. I’d neglect CB if we can get an athletic and mobile DM/CM in.

Agree, but we’re 16th for shots per game and we can’t fix everything in one window. I’d neglect CB if we can get an athletic and mobile DM/CM in.

We need elite center back that is comfortable in 4 man defense and can carry bums like Luiz and Mustafi. That way we can stop with 5 at the back thing and add extra attacker or midfielder in the line up.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
There's a lot of options out there in fairness. I think we could make 4 or 5 signings including Joelson. Dont need to spend the earth either. Szoboszlai, Buendia, Grealish, Partey etc are all under 50m and improve us.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We need elite center back that is comfortable in 4 man defense and can carry bums like Luiz and Mustafi. That way we can stop with 5 at the back thing and add extra attacker or midfielder in the line up.
Yes, but what would that give us, an extra attacker that isn’t creative? We basically become Burnley. I’d rather play 3-4-3 and just sign a creative LW like Depay, Benrahma than 4-3-3 and sig. Partey and an elite CB if it’s a choice.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Buendia is actually a better dribbler, he has more attempted as well as more completed dribbles despite playing almost 600 mins less, as per
https://en.as.com/resultados/futbol/inglaterra/201

https://www.squawka.com/en/most-take-ons-premier-league-2019-2020/

Not the same source but pretty sire both use opta.

Here’s a really nice analysis of creativity in PL mids, don’t know if it’s been linked before. Buendia stands out imo.

https://eplanalysis.com/finding-the-best-creative-midfielders-epl-data-analysis-statistics/

Don’t see how that’s a definitive stat? Attempting and therefore completing more dribbles doesn’t tell you the quality of the dribble or even where on the pitch it was. Also it disregards player role and team set up.

I prefer carrying as a stat because you can find out how much of it was in an attacking direction. In that case Grealish has carried the ball with the best progressive distance in the whole league.

He’s also miscontrolled the ball and been dispossessed less than Buendia despite having having played a lot more minutes.

A look at some other stats paint a different picture of the two. In terms of shot creating actions per 90, Grealish is top 5 in the league and ahead of Buendia with 71% of those coming from live passes. That’s tied with KDB only behind David Silva.

In terms of passes into penalty area and key passes he’s third and second respectively in amongst KDB and Trent. When you add into that the absolutely elite rate at which he draws fouls and it’s not hard to see he’s the superior player, especially when he’s been carrying Villa on his shoulders.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Don’t see how that’s a definitive stat? Attempting and therefore completing more dribbles doesn’t tell you the quality of the dribble or even where on the pitch it was. Also it disregards player role and team set up.

I prefer carrying as a stat because you can find out how much of it was in an attacking direction. In that case Grealish has carried the ball with the best progressive distance in the whole league.

He’s also miscontrolled the ball and been dispossessed less than Buendia despite having having played a lot more minutes.

A look at some other stats paint a different picture of the two. In terms of shot creating actions per 90, Grealish is top 5 in the league and ahead of Buendia with 71% of those coming from live passes. That’s tied with KDB only behind David Silva.

In terms of passes into penalty area and key passes he’s third and second respectively in amongst KDB and Trent. When you add into that the absolutely elite rate at which he draws fouls and it’s not hard to see he’s the superior player, especially when he’s been carrying Villa on his shoulders.
Buendia actually completes a higher rate of his dribbles, but I get your point about carrying. There he pretty much shows he's very able to progress the ball both through carrying (where Grealish excels) as well as passing (where Grealish is pretty average).

What's your source for your stats? The analysis I posted (from April though) has Buendia higher both for Key passes, passes into penalty area and just behind in Shot creating actions. Not really trying to find you out, but very curious as I'd like be able to keep up to date.

I guess in the end they offer a lot of the same but in very different ways. But value for money and also looking at defensive stats Buendia edges it for me. Nothing to say they can't co-exist as a RCM and LW in the same team though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Buendia actually completes a higher rate of his dribbles, but I get your point about carrying. There he pretty much shows he's very able to progress the ball both through carrying (where Grealish excels) as well as passing (where Grealish is pretty average).

What's your source for your stats? The analysis I posted (from April though) has Buendia higher both for Key passes, passes into penalty area and just behind in Shot creating actions. Not really trying to find you out, but very curious as I'd like be able to keep up to date.

I guess in the end they offer a lot of the same but in very different ways. But value for money and also looking at defensive stats Buendia edges it for me. Nothing to say they can't co-exist as a RCM and LW in the same team though.

Get all my stats from here, bit fiddly to use but various stat categories in good depth across the big 5 leagues.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/passing/Premier-League-Stats

Gunner-Union

Buendia seems a good shout and will improve and will have better players around him.
Buendia. Partey. Cabellos

cabellos for 20 buendia for 20 and partey for 45 would all be good business imo and take us up a level. Would like laca gone and eduord in. We have to get rid of all the deadwood though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom