• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final: Arsenal vs Chelsea Saturday 1st August | KO: 17:30 BST | BBC 1

Who will win the biggest match since last year’s EL final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We saw today what happens when we play open with our defenders. Holding will start and he needs a deep block to function, we’ll play on the counter and hope for a smash and grab.

Relying on keeping them out first and Aubameyang turning up.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Pulisic attacking that right channel between Bellerin and Holding...

Giroud up against Luiz and Holding...

Blimey.

I just know I’m going to be praying at some point for Jorginho to miss a penalty. :lol:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Their midfield is a different level to ours. Kante, Jorginho and Koavacic. Even Mount and Barkley are better than most of our midfield.

How can this be true?

We've got Arteta's favorite in Xhaka. The Swiss midfield maestro that is indispensable and integral to our play now and in the future.
Everyone's new sacred cow in Ceballos. A guy that we must strive to keep at all costs.
Then one of the kids/Torreira

Are you telling me that our midfielders and midfield on a whole aren't as good in comparison to other top clubs as we fans like to believe?

Manberg

Predator
How can this be true?

We've got Arteta's favorite in Xhaka. The Swiss midfield maestro that is indispensable and integral to our play now and in the future.
Everyone's new sacred cow in Ceballos. A guy that we must strive to keep at all costs.

Are you telling me that our midfielders and midfield on a whole aren't as good in comparison to other top clubs as we fans like to believe?

Xhaka to turn into Ramsey and win us the game. It’s on!

gamechannel

How can this be true?

Just wait. A couple of bad games from the suddenly-overrated Cebellos and the Fairweather fans who are planning to name a North London street after him will start batching and moaning about how he's a terrible footballer. The dude went from being trash to near-elite in a span of 2-3 games apparently.

If we are wanting to keep a mediocre player like Cebellos at all costs, we are truly a midtable club who doesn't deserve any silverware.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
All of those players provide thrust from deep as well. We don't have a single player who does that in a central area.

Willock is capable when he is playing well. He did it on several occasions against Liverpool at Anfield in the 2nd game of the season, but he is not trusted by the last 3 managers to run things from deep. Mainly because of his passing and positional awareness.

Kav

Established Member
If we want to compete with their midfield we would need to play torreira, Xhaka and Ceballos together. That may not be enough because Pulisic is on fire lately and Willian has been immense as well. Giroud is confident and Abraham’s wants to prove something.

They can call on Hudson odoi to cause problems and Loftus cheek can dominate our midfield later in the game.

the good news is that their back line can be quite loose. Also they are better on the counter than against a low block. The only problem will be Willian and Pulisic who have the talent to pull people out of positions.

We would do well if we are clinical in front of goal. Lacazette, Pepe and Aubameyang need to all score.

Last edited:

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Martinez
Holding—Luiz—Tierney
AMN-——————————Saka
Ceballos—Xhaka
Pepe-——————-PEA
Laca​

Name is already on the cup.

I'd play with the same team like you. We're going to get our 14th!!

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Martinez
Holding—Luiz—Tierney
AMN-——————————Saka
Ceballos—Xhaka
Pepe-——————-PEA
Laca​

That's the formation and selection I would go for as well.

Tragically there are only really 4 players in that lot who are Arsenal Quality and up to the task.

A one-off game in the FA Cup though, and I can see this rabble still beating Chelsea.

COYG!

roz

Fake News Merchant
Martinez
Holding—Luiz—Tierney
AMN-——————————Saka
Ceballos—Xhaka
Pepe-——————-PEA
Laca​

Virtually the same team I'd play except Id give Nketiah a start. Think his mobility will suit the game more and can always bring Laca on if chasing a goal. Hopefully wont be needed though :D

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
After that clusterf** of performance yesterday with Luiz returning to his old self and Holding completely clueless, we have very slim chances.

Nothing will piss me off more than seeing Giroud score in yet another final.
The big man is a big game player and on his current hot form, what better occasion than to completely bully our defence.

Hope Mikel can pull of a tactical masterstroke.
As Jorginho is their metronome, maybe have Torreira to man-mark him, while Ceballos and Xhaka can keep up with Kovacic and Barkley/Pulisic

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We were abysmal against Watford. Thank **** they bottled all those chances in front of goal, much as Liverpool and City did.

Arteta is conducting a tone deaf orchestra. But we have a few maestros. Auba can grab a goal anytime, Emi can pull off some world class saves, Tierney can put in some decent crosses and . . . and . . the rest can **** up or turn up and you just never know which.

Come on Mikel!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Don’t get why people are worried? We know Luiz has a 2/10 game then a 10/10 game and that 2/10 came nicely vs Watford. As for Holding he’s similar, rubbish game then a good game, rubbish game against Watford.

As for Auba, luckily he’s in good form and showed this against City he’s not a bottle job.

As for Mikel, well he knows how to get this team defending in a big game.

Love it, can’t wait for this, up the Arse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom