• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I really don`t understand where people get this idea that Torreira was great and dominating the midfield in his first six months. He did pretty well but our midfield was still being dominated at home by the lieks of Everton and West H despite scraping wins. These days he looks plain awful, offers nothing. The moment Grealish who is fairly strong but not exactly Yaya Toure, shrugged him off like a child was embarresing and sums him up.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tbh he was elite in his first 5 months here, lets not overreact

Hence my confusion. He wasn’t just good, he was elite. If he’s now as terrible as these posts lead one to believe, does anyone want to ask why?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Torreira has never quite been used correctly tbh. He was consistently used as a b2b under Emery, and that's not his strength. He'd be great as a DM for a side who has an organized press. I dont trust him to make any passes but if he had a good CM partner I could see him breaking up a lot of play and recycling possession. Our team is very disjointed atm tho...

Exactly this. Emery, Ljungberg and Arteta have all used him sporadically in a 2 man midfield. He excels at one thing which is pressing from deep. Once you ask him to start running around covering spaces we’re in trouble

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I think some forgot due to Corona, that he was injured for months.

Hopefully we will see the best Torreira (like in the first season) again after a good pre-season and in his right position, behind two midfielders.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I really don`t understand where people get this idea that Torreira was great and dominating the midfield in his first six months. He did pretty well but our midfield was still being dominated at home by the lieks of Everton and West H despite scraping wins. These days he looks plain awful, offers nothing. The moment Grealish who is fairly strong but not exactly Yaya Toure, shrugged him off like a child was embarresing and sums him up.

It’s insane how people are regurgitating this myth that he was good bad then, he never was people just hyped him cos he was new. Always been a poor player.

BigPoppaPump

Hence my confusion. He wasn’t just good, he was elite. If he’s now as terrible as these posts lead one to believe, does anyone want to ask why?

He was never elite he was average/poor, only got hyped up because he was new and exotic. I could tell straight away he never had it in him.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Hopefully we will see the best Torreira (like in the first season) again after a good pre-season and in his right position, behind two midfielders.
See because of certain agendas, he isn't afforded the time to gain form after injury whereas the players who are the favorites get any amount of time they want.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

See because of certain agendas, he isn't afforded the time to gain form after injury whereas the players who are the favorites get any amount of time they want.

Yeah I don't honestly see the beef with Torreira, maybe it's because he's continually voiced wanting to leave but he's not had enough time to settle in and gain form since the break.

If he goes on an extended run in his best position (because he's hardly had that since the beginning with Emery) with terrible play then maybe we talk in definitives.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
He was never elite he was average/poor, only got hyped up because he was new and exotic. I could tell straight away he never had it in him.
Why do you always think people judge players based on everything other than their performances on the pitch?

1.People like Lacazette because he has a big butt & he supposedly twerks (don't know as I never paid any attention & I honestly don't give a crap about what players do off the field)

2.People hate Xhaka because he told people to fvck off (yeah let's forget how crap his performances have been)

3.People liked Torreira because he was new & exotic (It's pretty unanimous that he was brilliant in his first few months so no point in arguing, he has been terrible after that & nobody is denying)

It’s always this lazy narrative with you. Do you honestly think people have time to waste on unimportant stuff like that while watching games?

BigPoppaPump

Why do you always think people judge players based on everything other than their performances on the pitch?

1.People like Lacazette because he has a big butt & he supposedly twerks (don't know as I never paid any attention & I honestly don't give a crap about what players do off the field)

2.People hate Xhaka because he told people to fvck off (yeah let's forget how crap his performances have been)

3.People liked Torreira because he was new & exotic (It's pretty unanimous that he was brilliant in his first few months so no point in arguing, he has been terrible after that & nobody is denying)

It’s always this lazy narrative with you. Do you honestly think people have time to waste on unimportant stuff like that while watching games?

Because people do? Have you not seen the Tierney thread and you lot getting boners over him tucking his shirt in and using a tesco bag? It’s a popularity contest and newer players always get cut more slack.

Seriously you got Spike Speigel in your avi you should be able to deduce it yourself, or do I gotta spell it out for you?

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer

The guys a weirdo that thinks he's funny. Always been an odd one. Accuses me of being an xhaka hater because I stated another poster was boring and going on ignore because of over the top praise after yesterday's performance, despite xhakas performance obviously being below par compared to his better games recently. Bigpuppagimp found himself on the same list.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

maybe at another team.

His AFC career is over methinks.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

You can be not very tall and light, and still be very effective in the Prem. David Silva has been amazing, he's quick, can retain the ball superbly and is visionary in his passing abilities.

Emery tried to play Torreira in a more advanced roll but it was a disaster, the lad had few of Silva's attributes. Deeper, he's easily knocked off the ball at just 60kg, and although he's a terrier for buzzing about and trying to intercept, he's actually not that effective.

Another poor buy, to add to a growing list of meh players we're accumulating.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
His stock will still be high in Italy so I don't see us having much trouble shifting him, even if we have to take a slight loss on the fee we paid. You would say he's a £20m player at the very least.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
His stock will still be high in Italy so I don't see us having much trouble shifting him, even if we have to take a slight loss on the fee we paid. You would say he's a £20m player at the very least.
No one in Italy will pay straight £20m for a £30m flop. The best we can hope is a successful loan which is converted to a £10m transfer after a year.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
No one in Italy will pay straight £20m for a £30m flop. The best we can hope is a successful loan which is converted to a £10m transfer after a year.

Nope, disagree. Italian teams will remember what he's capable of during his time at sampdoria rather than an injury hit season of 19/20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom