• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
How much wages holding on? It won't be that difficult to sell him many bottom 10 clubs will want and he English so you'll get at least 15m from him

35-50k a week is my estimate. He was most likely on 20-25 when he signed here and has been handed a new contract since.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He isn't Premier league quality, but given he is English and plays for Arsenal, hopefully we can con someone into spending 5-10m on him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Only Championship teams would be interested in him.

This is my worry, how many championship teams are gonna be spending serious money in the current climate? Will Holding be willing to accept taking such a step down? Because it'd probably be hard for him to accept that he'd have to go from Arsenal to a club in the championship and he hasn't even reached his prime yet. I can't see him willing to accept that, I think he'd be hoping to move to another PL club if he had to move. In reality I can't see any PL club signing him, maybe an Aston Villa at a stretch, but it's a stretch.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He’ll do well at a lower mid table pl team I think.. Will definitely be teams interested if we were to sell..

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Realistically what bottom 10 team this season does he get a game for? All have at least 1 centre back that is superior, with most having at least 2.
Could say that but then how much of the bottom 10 sides defenders would look good playing for us either. He could potentially look solid if he played in a dyche type system

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Could say that but then how much of the bottom 10 sides defenders would look good playing for us either. He could potentially look solid if he played in a dyche type system

Ake/Diop/Dunk/Lacelles/White/Godfrey/Mings/Holgate all would start for us and are all better than Holding, I'm probably missing quite a few as well.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All our CBs all have games where they're good. But you don't see that with holding.

Mustafi can go from 2/10 to 8/10 or 10.

But holding is pretty much always 4/10 at best.

Maybe we can convince Burnley to buy him. They'll be able to cover his weaknesses

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

My boy @Oxeki when he sees Rob Holding in person...

73b81d60163c9af0.gif

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ake/Diop/Dunk/Lacelles/White/Godfrey/Mings/Holgate all would start for us and are all better than Holding, I'm probably missing quite a few as well.
I really like white and Ake but I don't think placing any of them into our side as constructed automatically makes us miles better either. Would take a genuine quality defender to make us look stable at the back.

Could see holding getting games pretty regularly at most bottom half sides but unfortunately not good enough for us.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I really like white and Ake but I don't think placing any of them into our side as constructed automatically makes us miles better either. Would take a genuine quality defender to make us look stable at the back.

Could see holding getting games pretty regularly at most bottom half sides but unfortunately not good enough for us.

I think all of the defenders that I mentioned would be our best centre back, which is by no means an endorsement of their own abilities. Most of their partners at their respective clubs are also better than Holding.

I think people underestimate how poor some of our defenders are, they're championship standard.

Ashybashy86

I've noticed a few times he mistimes his headers, his reactions are quite slow, and his passing is worse than I thought. It'll be a miracle if he somehow turns it around in less than a week.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm genuinely very sorry he didn't cost £50m, because if he did, I'm fairly certain he'd be a better player than this.

Merci, Arsène.
Not sure who exactly is responsible for signing him but it sounds like Wenger tried to outsmart the market one last time with this lad.

I guess sometimes a guy who gets relegated from the championship just deserves to be there. I'll still view this signing as a success if we can flip him for a healthy profit but on the pitch it's been a very poor four years. Our rivals would have sold him two years ago.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Holding definitely has the potential to be a solid CB cover
He might do but he has to realise that elsewhere. He's not going to get any better with 4th choice minutes and if we give him those minutes he's going to cost us points.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It was a low risk signing, a punt for peanuts that we could make a profit on if it didn't work out. However I don't think anyone would've anticipated him starting FA Cup finals 4 years down the line. It's basically not worked out yet he's stuck around for as long as if he turned out to be a world class CB. Only at Arsenal.

Surprised we haven't tried to tie him down to a new long-term deal like we used to do with Jenkinson despite it being so obvious to absolutely everyone that he was nowhere near good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom