• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Can I asked what you're basing this off outside of opinion?

You are possibly under playing how dysfunctional our midfield is. We lack creativity and technique yes and Buendia has given Norwich this as well as end product. We also lack the ability to press, break the lines with passing and from third man running into dangerous areas from midfield.

I don't believe that Doucoure would have us challenging for the league, but our team is lacking so much that I'm not even sure that KDB would.

Stop arguing :lol: we need a player like Doucoure who for me is in the same mould as Partey and we also need players like Buendia for creativity.

I think Doucoure could be a very astute signing if we can't get a deal for Partey done. He'd likely only cost around £20M. He's also a regular with chipping in with goals from midfield and is premier league proven.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Its hard to bring up names as we have no idea of budget, the primary formation Arteta has in his mind & if Auba planning to stay.

If Auba off it changes everything as at that point lack of goals a massive issue.

We have an idea of budget if Kroenke isn't investing. And its not much unless we make some good sales, which I think is possible.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

More interested in the out than in column. That will give us a better idea of what we can spend. If we sell 100 to 150m worth of players we can spend 200 to 250m on 2 or 3 top quality players.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
More interested in the out than in column. That will give us a better idea of what we can spend. If we sell 100 to 150m worth of players we can spend 200 to 250m on 2 or 3 top quality players.

Our issue might be attracting the players that we need. It's all well having 200m to spend, but if we can not bring in the calibre of players we need, it's no use.

Pepe (not drawing him out as I'm a fan) is probably the level of player that we can attract, but we need to be buying proven players for high costs. For example 200m could get you Upamecano, Pepe and Aouar, or it could buy you Koulibaly, Partey and Dembele/Coutinho/Griezmann Think I'd prefer the second option, but they'd be hard to attract without Champions League.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Our issue might be attracting the players that we need. It's all well having 200m to spend, but if we can not bring in the calibre of players we need, it's no use.

Pepe (not drawing him out as I'm a fan) is probably the level of player that we can attract, but we need to be buying proven players for high costs. For example 200m could get you Upamecano, Pepe and Aouar, or it could buy you Koulibaly, Partey and Dembele/Coutinho/Griezmann Think I'd prefer the second option, but they'd be hard to attract without Champions League.
I wouldn't be surprised if we could still attract a few of those players without CL football, some could have dreams of playing in the PL & we are still a top club to a lot of players as players have said in the past when they've joined us in the past. With a bit of hope Arteta could also perhaps convince them to come & be willing to help get us back up the top again.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not a huge fan of his but that is a very, very good price. Him and Partey would transform our midfield.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Roca is available for 15M Media been linking him with Us And milan think Milan are more serious.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Roca won't give us an extra dimension as he's Xhaka 2.0. Partey or Sangare is what we need

I said replace Torreira, a squad player. If Xhaka gets injured it’s better to have someone like Roca come in for him than Torreira. It also means you can look to sell Xhaka down the line and have a replacement ready. Partey should be added on top of what we already have.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
I said replace Torreira, a squad player. If Xhaka gets injured it’s better to have someone like Roca come in for him than Torreira. It also means you can look to sell Xhaka down the link and have a replacement ready. Partey should be added on top of what we already have.
Since Watford have been relegated, what about Doucoure ?? I've been wanting him at Arsenal for 2 years now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom